Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray (1237 Views)

Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m / Disabled Nigerian Drug Trafficker Dies Of Swallowed Cocaine Pellets In Ghana / Thief Who Stole From A Church Almost Beaten To Death In Lagos(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray by Frazy(f): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
A thief in Spain who stole a diamond from a British woman -- and then swallowed it -- was caught when police stopped him at a checkpoint and forced him to undergo an X-ray.

The theft occurred when two British women entered a restaurant in the luxury southern resort of Marbella and one of them left her handbag on the floor by her chair, police said in a statement.

"Two well-dressed men came in, one sitting at the bar and the other next to the woman," it said.

When the men left, the woman discovered that her handbag, containing 2,000 euros and 400 pounds sterling, a mobile phone, a pendant with a diamond worth 12,000 euros ($16,500) and other valuables, had disappeared.

Hours later, police stopped a car at a routine checkpoint and found the four occupants had criminal records.
Inside the vehicle they also discovered a handbag as well as valuables and cash, which they later identified as belonging to the British woman.
All that was missing was the diamond.

"During the operation, officers noticed one of the men putting his hand to his mouth," police said.
"This gesture and the fact that they had found the pendant without the diamond made the police think he may have swallowed it.

"To find the stone, those arrested were taken to a medical center where they underwent X-rays, and the diamond was located inside the stomach of one of them, who admitted swallowing it."
Re: Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray by Jenny20(f): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^^"I'm innocent, Your Honor. I swallowed the diamond because of a medical condition."
"Medical condition? How do you figure that?"
"My body doesn't metabolize Vitamin A very well. So my doctor told me that I need to eat more carats, " cool cool

1 Like

Re: Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray by White007(m): 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, now the woman has to wait till he takes a royal crap ha ha ha ha hum !

Or in the alternative police ought to give the lady a garden trowell and a sharp knife and strap the man down on his stomach and tell her to do surgery to get her ring back. tongue
Re: Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
Then its a fake diamond :| cos diamonds do not show in x-rays
Re: Thief Who Swallowed Diamond Is Caught On X-ray by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:09am On Jul 17, 2017
Then its a fake diamond :| cos diamonds do not show in x-rays

Wrong... Diamonds would show as a white dot, on most X ray machine, and a trained person would see that it's a diamond.

Difficult to spot, yes... Invisible, hell NO!

(1) (Reply)

Legalize Abotions Now And Avoid This.. (pic) / Female Student Of Delta State Polytechic Found Dead At School's Staff Quarters / Armed Robbers Attack With The Intention To Chop Off My Manager's Head...(picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.