Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study (204 Views)

Governorship Elections 2019: Live Updates And Monitoring Across All The States / APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by Draslo(m): 11:20am On Mar 07, 2023
The ripple effect of the presidential election in Lagos state has caused sitting governor Sanwo-Olu to appeal with residents of the state to let him run another four-year term to complete the projects he started. Now, baring the #EndSars protests in 2020, Lagosians have had it quite better than those in other states in almost any category you can think of. Thousands from different regions pour into Lagos weekly because of this. This is because there has been steady development under the ideology of Lagos APC.

Donald Trump's presidency in the US is a unique one that wouldn't be forgotten for many, many years. Why? Because he came into the White house as the first president ever without prior military or political experience. The United States would suffer for it. He took important policies and threw them away like they didn't matter causing global disorder. He opted out of environmental deals. He opted out of Iran's nuclear deal. He opted out of funding the WHO. His white trash attitude emboldened unprecedented police brutality towards African Americans that hadn't been seen since the 1950s resulting in nationwide Black Lives Matter protests His attitude towards COVID-19 resulted in the deaths of many who injected themselves with bleach as he claimed it cured the virus. His tweets incited violence at the Capitol and became the first president to be impeached twice before the end of his tenure. He is also the first president in 150 years to refuse to attend the inauguration of the next president. If I remember correctly, despite all these, a particular tribe in Nigeria kept rooting for Donald Trump for reasons best known to them.

Lagosians, if we oust Sanwo-Olu, we'd be heading down the same path as America did in voting Donald Trump into power. We cannot vote based on any kind of sentiment. We cannot vote in a secessionist. Some people are saying Sanwo-Olu is scared. He has a right to, especially when people are losing their heads and doing band wagon voting, that is exactly why his letter was addressed to Eti-Osa where the bandwagon voting was experienced about two weeks ago.

Let us be wise.
Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by TheManPregnant: 11:25am On Mar 07, 2023
Too bad! You have sacrificed your intellectual capacity on the alter of ethnic chauvinism.

You are in reality a disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by Draslo(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2023
TheManPregnant:
Too bad! You have sacrificed your intellectual capacity on the alter of ethnic chauvinism.

You are in reality a disappointment.
Quite the contrary. I'm only taking a leaf out of the Book of Ethnicity from my brothers in the North and East. I am no more liberal. I will put my people first before anyone else. If it means I become an ethnic bigot, so be it!
Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by TheManPregnant: 11:38am On Mar 07, 2023
Draslo:

Quite the contrary. I'm only taking a leaf out of the Book of Ethnicity from my brothers in the North and East. I am no more liberal. I will put my people first before anyone else. If it means I become an ethnic bigot, so be it!

"I am doing it because others are doing it" line of thinking is really low.

There is no face palm emoji on Nairaland. That is what I just did after reading your comment.

The unfortunate reality is that you will remain under the bondage of your oppressors while you are busy fighting your perceived enemy. Open your eyes and set yourself free.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by Draslo(m): 11:50am On Mar 07, 2023
TheManPregnant:

"I am doing it because others are doing it" line of thinking is really low.

There is no face palm emoji on Nairaland. That is what I just did after reading your comment.

The unfortunate reality is that you will remain under the bondage of your oppressors while you are busy fighting your perceived enemy. Open your eyes and set yourself free.
I am free now. My eyes have finally been open and media such as Nairaland and Twitter helped greatly. Say what you will Mister, that one na your own. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by infofta(m): 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2023
Draslo:
The ripple effect of the presidential election in Lagos state has caused sitting governor Sanwo-Olu to appeal with residents of the state to let him run another four-year term to complete the projects he started. Now, baring the #EndSars protests in 2020, Lagosians have had it quite better than those in other states in almost any category you can think of. Thousands from different regions pour into Lagos weekly because of this. This is because there has been steady development under the ideology of Lagos APC.

Donald Trump's presidency in the US is a unique one that wouldn't be forgotten for many, many years. Why? Because he came into the White house as the first president ever without prior military or political experience. The United States would suffer for it. He took important policies and threw them away like they didn't matter causing global disorder. He opted out of environmental deals. He opted out of Iran's nuclear deal. He opted out of funding the WHO. His white trash attitude emboldened unprecedented police brutality towards African Americans that hadn't been seen since the 1950s resulting in nationwide Black Lives Matter protests His attitude towards COVID-19 resulted in the deaths of many who injected themselves with bleach as he claimed it cured the virus. His tweets incited violence at the Capitol and became the first president to be impeached twice before the end of his tenure. He is also the first president in 150 years to refuse to attend the inauguration of the next president. If I remember correctly, despite all these, a particular tribe in Nigeria kept rooting for Donald Trump for reasons best known to them.

Lagosians, if we oust Sanwo-Olu, we'd be heading down the same path as America did in voting Donald Trump into power. We cannot vote based on any kind of sentiment. We cannot vote in a secessionist. Some people are saying Sanwo-Olu is scared. He has a right to, especially when people are losing their heads and doing band wagon voting, that is exactly why his letter was addressed to Eti-Osa where the bandwagon voting was experienced about two weeks ago.

Let us be wise.

For your information Lagos was already a commercial hub in the 1700 century during the Oba of Benin trade with the colonial master thanks to the Ocean where Lagos is located.

Secondly, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria for many years before it was moved to Abuja for security purpose. I guess you know the benefits.

The idea that Tinubu who governed Lagos yesterday in 1999 or APC that was formed yesterday built Lagos is not only laughable but pure ignorance and stupidity.

Majority of Lagos residents all moved to Lagos including Tinubu, the current governor and yourself. If you are young and born in Lagos doesn't mean your parents are from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by TheManPregnant: 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2023
Draslo:

I am free now. My eyes have finally been open and media such as Nairaland and Twitter helped greatly. Say what you will Mister, that one na your own. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Truly a pity. You allow Nairaland and twitter shape your opinion on the real world. Smh 🤦🏿
Re: Lagos Governorship Elections; Donald Trump's Administration As A Case Study by Draslo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
infofta:

For your information Lagos was already a commercial hub in the 1700 century during the Oba of Benin trade with the colonial master thanks to the Ocean where Lagos is located.

Secondly, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria for many years before it was moved to Abuja for security purpose. I guess you know the benefits.

The idea that Tinubu who governed Lagos yesterday in 1999 or APC that was formed yesterday built Lagos is not only laughable but pure ignorance and stupidity.

Majority of Lagos residents all moved to Lagos including Tinubu, the current governor and yourself. If you are young and born in Lagos doesn't mean your parents are from Lagos.

Say what you will. I know my heritage. You cannot sit somewhere and assume I am not indigenous to Lagos. Lagos is the only coastal city in Nigeria according to your geography. Nobody is saying Tinubu built Lagos but transformed it. Like he said from 500 million IGR to 6 billion. He turned it into a megacity. Lagos used to be like Anambra where entire streets were loaded with piles of trash. He ended that. He increased employment though initiatives such as LAWMA, LAMATA, LASRRA, etc whilst also generating revenue from there. His master plans are so grand they cannot be ignored by any incoming government regardless of their political party. Now that's a grandmaster. Say what you will, nobody matches up in Nigeria's political sphere. But as usual, you were off point because this article has nothing to do with Tinubu

(1) (Reply)

Sanwo Olu Is A Liar And A Cheat / We Never Forgotten Wike Sin Against Our Kings / Many Casualties Recorded As Train Crushes Govt BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.