Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,416 members, 7,850,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC (585 Views)

Nasarawa LP Gubernatorial Candidate Steps Down, Backs PDP / All Adamawa Labour Party Candidates Boycott Obi's Rally / Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by Ibrahimcoomasie: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate, Madawaki, Drops Ambition, Declares Support For APC Candidate, Binani

The governorship candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in Adamawa state, Umar Mustapha Madawaki, has shelved his ambition and declared support for the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed Binani.

Madawaki, who is also known as Otumba Ekiti, announced on Sunday evening that he was no longer in the race for the governorship seat in the state.

"I have decided to put my political ambition momentarily on hold and fully support the gubernatorial aspirations of distinguished Senator Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed Binani of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

"That is why I am calling on all my supporters and followers all over Adamawa state to come out on Saturday, 11th of March and vote for Distinguished Senator Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed Binani as governor of Adamawa state," Madawaki said.

Madawaki hinged his decision to pull out of the race on a frosty relationship between him and the LP presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

He said, "Given the problems and challenges I had to contend with right from my early days in the APC leading up to the party primaries, which became worse when I moved into the Labour Party, and the possibility of going into the governorship election without the cover of my party platform, I decided to put my political ambition momentarily on hold."

https://guardian.ng/politics/labour-party-candidate-withdraws-from-adamawa-guber-race-to-support-for-apcs-binani/

Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by Totilopussylick(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
tongue

Madawaki abandoned his ambitions because of Senator Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed Binani.

Wonders shall never end tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by raskymonojendor: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
Olu le grin
Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by Ance4Liverpool: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
We will still vote for labor party as far as there is Papa mama and pikin on the ballot
Labor party from top to bottom that is the final agreement

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by Goodvibes007: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
Chop I chop Labour party.

After elections, the elected ones would be defecting to APC and PDP.
Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Wow Aisha Binani on her way to victory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by datola: 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2023
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by raskymonojendor: 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Wow Aisha Binani on her way to victory
Hmm. I am not from Adamawa but I think PDP will show up strong there due to the Atiku factor.
Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by Fattesticles: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2023
Trojan horse exposing themselves
Re: Adamawa Labour Party Governorship Candidate Steps Down For APC by tony0806: 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
He has no electoral value here in ADAMAWA STATE.

(1) (Reply)

What's Happening In Kaduna? / Presidential Election: Are Igbos To Blame For Tinubu’s Defeat In Lagos? / Where Is TINUBU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.