Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing (14242 Views)

Unilag Students Jumping Fence After School Immediate Closure / Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. / Elections: FG Decides Schools Closure Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by edicolove: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2011
Jusr spoke to my brother in Uniben. The story is a hoax. The situation is that there is a scare and an unconfirmed  rumour that T.B . Joshua prophesied a bomb blast around 2 to 3pm in Uniben today. So there is some panic, as expected, among students and some have actually vacated the school. But it is all a rumour. Please let us not help spread rumors. One of the goals of terrorists is to create panic in society. Their biggest weapon is actually fear. We must not give them the satisfaction they crave by helping to spread their rumors.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by stilphunky: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2011
This Boko Haram thing that started like play is turning into somthing else o.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2011
if really T.B joshua said so, abeg my pipo make una nor play oh
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by MeGaStReEt: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2011
got this from a friend

An Islamic young man suspected to be a member of the Boko Haram has just been arrested by men of the Nigerian Police. The suspect Yusuf Danlandi was arrested by men of the Ugbowo division about an hour ago with bomb explosives along Ugbowo New Lagos road. It was also gathered that the suspect had confessed as at the time of the arrest that a 3x9 magnitude of bomb was smuggled into the University of Benin three days ago
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by sheyee(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2011
Story is absolutely false, should have been verified before moving it to the front page,
Moderate pls delete, school is on, lectures are on-going, Masters exams is in progress.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by contra(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2011
This post is misleading, one of my lecturer just finished his class wit the 200level in management science. Btw, today is our cultural day in our final year week (mgt science). No boko will stop us. Though i heard that story about catching one of them at ugbowo.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by edicolove: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2011
Please the poster should delete this thread. It is helping to spread false rumors
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by janiebravo(f): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2011
Hmmmm, different stories here and there

Dear God! we are in your hands o
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by pereze: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2011
What happened to the northern universities? Something is just not adding up in this Boko Haram issue!
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by Feraz(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2011
LoveKing:

what is T.B joshua's claim about?
LoveKing:

what is T.B joshua's claim about?
dapachez:

This whole thing is getting really scary now,the dimension has changed God pls don't let this people go unpunished,my great UNIBEN,you will not fall.This whole thing is like a sequel to a bbm broadcast that has been making rounds in benin and the broadcat goes "A prophecy has been said by prophet T B joshua dat by 3pm 2maro nobody should enter uniben (ugbowo & ekehuan campus) cuz he foresee a bomb blast. Pls pass across to your loved ones. Uniben students una don hear? No be me talk am o"God have mercy
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by o2dlomez(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2011
[size=15pt]Like the boko haram boiz are trying to even become stronger than the government or union workers shocked shocked shocked shocked, Students dont need strike and holidays to go home noe, just a single name and all man will head home.[/size]
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by WackyJ1(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2011
Yes thank God it's on the Front page. This type of thread about Uniben bomb scare was not started today it was started sometime ago but was locked by ODUNNU Because she didn't see it on the Uniben site! Imagine how will someone not in the school know what is happening,
The thing is that inside the school we're hearing different rumours and even before i Saw the Posters post i've already heard a similar rumour, Although without doubt everything right now is rumour but it doesn't mean we should take it any less lightly because Boko Haram can just as easily carry out their threat, How you contemplate going to school wherein a bomb could be planted where you're going to be, ?
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by claremont(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2011
Let no Boko Haram think they can mess around with my Alma Mata and get away with it. I trust my Student Union government to return fire for fire. This better be a joke! cool
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by mallorca(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2011
claremont:

Let no Boko Haram think they can mess around with my Alma Mata and get away with it. I trust my Student Union government to return fire for fire. This better be a joke! cool
grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by splitnaija(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2011
Well, T.B. Joshua and Boko Haram have a lot in common:- One kills unanarmed people and the other defrauds gullible people all in the name of religion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I trust UNIBEN boys, they can never be intimited!!!
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by atasteve: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2011
Thank Jesus for redeeming this land.

Pls help our leaders the truth to know and DO, amen.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by splitnaija(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2011
Well, T.B. Joshua and Boko Haram have a lot in common:- One kills unanarmed people and the other defrauds gullible people all in the name of religion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I trust UNIBEN boys, they can never be intimidated!!!
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by ifyegede(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2011
jUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH A FRIEND IN UNIBEN. HE SAID OFFICIALLY SCHOOL HAS NOT BEEN CLOSED DOWN BUT STUDENTS ARE JUST RELOCATING TO EKOSODIN AND OTHER OFF CAMPUS RESIDENCES. MOST LIKELY SCHOOL MAY BE CLOSED DOWN.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by Sike(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2011
Buh Why are we doing this nowww
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by lineviews: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2011
Have anyone asked "why this madness of Boko Haram?"

They are gradually expanding their stations and moving westwards, what is the aim? I am afraid Nigerians' and the High and mighty should start addressing this issue as it could lead to another 1966 and 1967; but this time the heat shall be on Nigerians against Nigerians. If the Unity and Progress should stay, we should all start the corrections now.

It is within our grasp so yet, that the security of Nigerian citizen is in their hands and not in the hands of the so called SOLDIERS!, MORPOL, POLICE AND OTHER PARA MILITARIES. Why would you build your house and put an aboki man as a gateman? We are not there yet and we should start looking deeper and ask bigger.

I need Mr. President to give the Northern Leaders the first right of Refusal in addressing this issue emanating from thier posts befor ethe issue of national concesus shall be implented.

A STITCH IN TIME SAVE MORE THAN NINE.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by gmolen(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
God is in control
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by otokx(m): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
God gave us control since the days of Adam
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
Boko Haram, Keep on the good work. Shebi na una go suffer am pass if Naija Gets Divided. Bunch of illiterates. They don't think about the future b4 they collect the bribe
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by vwvw(m): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
smiley smiley
now i don't use a BB, but i must admit that the reputation of the BB's tatafo amebo service is
now infamously worse than Sahara reporters of yore.can't believe that regular media is
reporting the closure of UNIBEN because a boko haram member had placed a bomb in a hostel.
Well it turns out that the asst registrar who signed this closure
retired from the institution 3 freaking years agoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
come on yesterday it was ridiculous, pick up yesterday's date foolishly
converted to a phone number and drop dead; worse still some %$#@@%^& were
telling me its true, BB-brickbat
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by pinkrex(m): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
Genocide we rebuke thee angry angry angry

But I shall fight these core northerners with all resources at my disposal cool
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by otokx(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
the violence will not come down across the river niger to us.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by pinkrex(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
Security reports indicate that some terrorists have devised a means of 'exploding' your phones if you load your recharge cards directly. If you are an MTN user, just load your recharge cards through 07033331466 where it would be 'cleared' and 'certified' ok before it will be transferred to your phone. If your phone is not credited with the amount you have sent, then know that it contains explosive device and do a thanksgiving that it was detected on time!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by mitchyy(f): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2011
Am inside uniben presently. There's a bit of panic everywhere because of the rumor. I spent almost an hour before I could enter thru the ekosodin gate. Lots of people are actually moving out of the school hostels because no one wants to risk his/her life. We shouldn't just dismiss it as mere rumor. Anything is possible. This boko haram people are damn serious. Just be cautious. If I tell you guys dat a source in government house lagos disclosed that they actually retrieved a bomb on 3rd mainland bridge, will you believe? No! But I don't intend to convince anyone. Just be careful and alert.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by splitnaija(m): 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
mitchyy:

Am inside uniben presently. There's a bit of panic everywhere because of the rumor. I spent almost an hour before I could enter thru the ekosodin gate. Lots of people are actually moving out of the school hostels because no one wants to risk his/her life. We shouldn't just dismiss it as mere rumor. Anything is possible. This boko haram people are damn serious. Just be cautious. If I tell you guys dat a source in government house lagos disclosed that t[b]hey actually retrieved a bomb on 3rd mainland bridg[/b]e, will you believe? No! But I don't intend to convince anyone. Just be careful and alert.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by pinkrex(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
mitchyy:

Am inside uniben presently. There's a bit of panic everywhere because of the rumor. I spent almost an hour before I could enter thru the ekosodin gate. Lots of people are actually moving out of the school hostels because no one wants to risk his/her life. We shouldn't just dismiss it as mere rumor. Anything is possible. This boko haram people are damn serious. Just be cautious. If I tell you guys dat a source in government house lagos disclosed that they actually retrieved a bomb on 3rd mainland bridge, will you believe? No! But I don't intend to convince anyone. Just be careful and alert.

So what are you still doing there undecided
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by omoaghe(m): 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
God punish d originator of dis msg.Na lie oh am in UNIBEN presently.Am sending dis msg frm UNIBEN,its all lies.
Re: University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing by tjskii(f): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^pally calm down, i actually just heard this news on a radio station in ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

>ASUU To Call Off 2 Months Strike 20th August 2013??-VNTI ASUU / 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo / Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.