Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour (29658 Views)

APC In Lagos Is Like A Mafia Organization — Bucknor-Akerele (Throwback) / Bucknor–Akerele: Why Tinubu Is Always Having Problems With His Associates / Tinubu Wanted To Be Vice-President To Atiku – Bucknor-Akerele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Gossiphub: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
Our freedom has just begun but we are only halfway there; we have to complete it on Saturday, the former Lagos deputy governor stated.

A former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Senator Kofo Bucknor-Akerele has urged Labour Party (LP) supporters known as ‘Obidients’ to free the state from the “tyranny” of over 20 years.

She stated this at a press conference on Wednesday in the Ikeja area of Lagos when she endorsed the LP governorship candidate for the March 11 election in Lagos, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour.

I will like to thank the people of Lagos State because our freedom has just begun but we are only halfway there; we have to complete it on Saturday,” Bucknor-Akerele declared at the event well-attended by the Rhodes-Vivour family and chieftains of the pan Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere.

‘Enough Of Touts’
Bucknor-Akerele, who deputised former Lagos governor, Bola Tinubu from 1999 to 2003, applauded youths for coming out to vote during the February 25 Presidential National Assembly elections.

She said Lagos has had “enough of rule by touts” and charged Obidients not to be intimidated by political thugs who might want to attack polling units on Saturday as recorded during the presidential and National Assembly polls.

I was so proud to see young people who came out to vote on election day. I say thank you but please don’t let that victory slip from our hands. You have brought us victory; don’t let these people intimidate you,” the former Lagos deputy governor stated.

“We have had enough of rule by touts in Lagos State. Everywhere you go at the bus stops, you see touts with the sticks beating people, driving people, is that the sort of government we want in Lagos State? Enough is enough. As we say in Yoruba, ‘O to ge!

“Please come out in your millions. We registered over seven million votes in Lagos State. What happened? We know the figure that they wrote for us is not the correct figure but I beg you all, all of you who have voters cards, come out and free us from the tyranny that we have been undergoing for the last 20 years and more.”

Aside from the incumbent governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who is seeking reelection under the banner of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Rhodes-Vivour has his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) counterpart, Olajide Adediran aka Jandor to contend with in the exercise.

In the presidential election, LP’s Obi polled 582,454 votes in Lagos to trounce the flag bearer of the APC, Bola Tinubu who scored 572,606 votes.

In total, Obi won 11 states and the Federal Capital Territory but Tinubu scored the highest votes in total and was later on Wednesday announced the winner of the poll and Nigeria’s President-elect.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/08/free-us-from-tyranny-bucknor-akerele-endorses-lps-rhodes-vivour/

137 Likes 24 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Gossiphub: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
Imagine immigrants from Osun, Ogun, Ekiti coming to rule our Land.

We true Lagosians won't allow that to continue.

Enough is enough

410 Likes 41 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Massiveglory: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
If Lagosians will break the hold of tinubu on lagos, then we will see the real potentials of our lagos.

420 Likes 39 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by advanceDNA: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
Gossiphub:

Enough is enough

Funny guy ... is tinubu not an immigrant from osun... has he not ruled lagos??

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Parachoko: 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2023
I hope we no go dey hear wailing of rigging on Saturday evening grin

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Gossiphub: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

Funny guy ... is tinubu not an immigrant from osun... has he not ruled lagos??

It won't happen again.

Enough is Enough

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by advanceDNA: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
Gossiphub:

It won't happen again.

Enough is Enough

...e reach another person turn...u say it will not happen....... lol..

15 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Asgard13: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nothing concern me for Lagos .. but seems LP the push Apc enter ocean..

Hmm

Meanwhile belike na cultist them don use style get job

As the governor na confirm birdman.. the lp na African man

Me on sidelines

For me

Tinubu must return that stolen document call certificate

He wan buy Nigeria with drug money.. inec don set am up.. and he fall enter

Na time

70 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by press9jatv: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
Sanwo Olu is a goner

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by magoo10(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Urchins is bucknor also igbo
Confused sets of frustrated tribalists

156 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Mindlog: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nice one.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by OfficialAPCNig: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
Real Lagosians are begging for alliance while immigrants from Ogbomosho are wailing

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by colorsofrainbow: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
Asgard13:
Nothing concern me for Lagos .. but seems LP the push Apc enter ocean..

Hmm

Meanwhile belike na cultist them don use style get job

As the governor na confirm birdman.. the lp na African man

Me on sidelines

For me

Tinubu must return that stolen document call certificate

He wan buy Nigeria with drug money.. inec don set am up.. and he fall enter

Na time

This guy grin

20 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Penguin2: 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope we no go dey hear wailing of rigging on Saturday evening grin

Una wan rig that one too?🤔

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Asgard13: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

This guy grin

Observation no be crime grin

6 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by colorsofrainbow: 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2023
Asgard13:

Observation no be crime grin

U be PDP, I be OBIdient but I like u sha grin

30 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Parachoko: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Una wan rig that one too?🤔
You're mistaking Lagos for Anambra

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Racoon(m): 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
This woman always talks like a mafia herself. Meanwhile, the dismantling of the parties with structures of corruption and criminality continues.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tinubu surrounded himself with too many ungrateful people, imagining this ugly woman that jagaban brought into politics sef dey call tinubu tyrant

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Kagd10: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2023
This Ungrateful loser is still crying since 1901

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Kaiser20: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2023
Gossiphub:

Enough is enough
When they expose your Origin you self go Schock, make all Egun people continue claiming Lagos

21 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Caleb15(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2023
Any time i come nairaland to read, i go just get headache haba!

5 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by GboyegaD(m): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
Great. I'm with her on this.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by sofeo(m): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature
Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by datola: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
So it's this 'leri' eye looking guy that will deliver you.

All of you are just like the present order that want to grab power by all means but lack capacity to deliver.

If it's about alternative competency we should be looking at Fusho Doherty and not this boy boy. Sanwo-Olu is far better than him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Bobotic(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Labour Party surprising them all grin angry grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by shegra58: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2023

2 Likes

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Faber(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Na Lagosians go use their hand free themselves from bondage, by coming out and vote for GRV

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by Kagd10: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
One useless loser alongside Bode gorge! Still crying since 1901 😂

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by temitope27(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Dem go soon cry on Saturday

SANWO-OLU for second term grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour by fastseo: 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NBA To Tinubu: Only Courts Can Determine What Is ‘Illegal’ / Greatest Nigerian War General Of All Time / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.