Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Business Name Registration - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Name Registration (11355 Views)

Register Your Business Name With Us / How Can I Register A Business Name With CAC Without A Lawyer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Name Registration by tundeprime(m): 6:02am On Sep 15, 2011
Please can someone with current information guide me through the process of registering a business name in Nigeria?
i need information on;

the requirements
the time span
the cost
the address of the lagos office of the commission (they are not located at the UBA House as displayed on their website)
any competent agency/lawyer that can help with the registration.

cheers
Re: Business Name Registration by badpeople: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2011
Visit elephant house by ashibiri street, alausa, ikeja
Re: Business Name Registration by ibrochiko: 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
yes i can help u out, call me on this number 08099851109 so i can explain thing to you.
Re: Business Name Registration by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2011
Business Name Registration Costs 25,000 Naira Only...as i heard sha
Re: Business Name Registration by koksybrwn(m): 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
I dont know their office in Lagos, but the process is what i have below

Get an availability form @ N200
Fill it with your 2 names option
Go back in 2weeks,
if your name is approved, Get a file @ N250
Fill everything about your business in the file
Submit with N4,000 which is the fee for the registration,
Go back in 3 days for your certificate

Thats all to get a business name
Time: 2 weeks and some days or more, u no now!
Ammount: N4,450 I did mind 1 week ago

1 Like

Re: Business Name Registration by karlakassy(f): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2011
C A C new office in in yaba though i ve forgotten d address,but once u get to yaba market ask of CAC,n u will be directed,gud luck
Re: Business Name Registration by jchick(f): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2011
CAC office is located at 7 AJE street, Yaba. If you're coming from Adekunle area, just alight at Sabo Busstop, go across towards FBN. Aje street is just ti the left.

All the best.
Re: Business Name Registration by Dsubtle(m): 9:10am On Sep 28, 2011
Hi,CAC HAS 2 OFFICES IN LAGOS(ALAUSA & YABA),IT DEPENDS ON WHICH IS CLOSER TO YOU.THE STEPS TO TAKE HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO YOU ALREADY BUT NOT THAT EASY WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYBODY THERE AS THE CASE IS WITH ALL GOVERNMENT CORPORATION.I FACILITATE THE REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS NAMES,LIMITED COMPANIES AND ALSO RENDER BOOK KEEPING,ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL CONSULTING TO SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE(SME).IF YOU NEED ANY OF MY SERVICES OR MORE INFORMATION CALL ME ON 08098689760.
Re: Business Name Registration by ochukoccna: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2011
D subtle:

Hi,CAC HAS 2 OFFICES IN LAGOS(ALAUSA & YABA),IT DEPENDS ON WHICH IS CLOSER TO YOU.THE STEPS TO TAKE HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO YOU ALREADY BUT NOT THAT EASY WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYBODY THERE AS THE CASE IS WITH ALL GOVERNMENT CORPORATION.I FACILITATE THE REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS NAMES,LIMITED COMPANIES AND ALSO RENDER BOOK KEEPING,ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL CONSULTING TO SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE(SME).IF YOU NEED ANY OF MY SERVICES OR MORE INFORMATION CALL ME ON 08098689760.

Scam Alert here.
koksybr@wn says he did it for 4,500 and here you are looking for people to rip off.
ITT as Fela talk. grin grin grin grin

koksybr@wn:

I dont know their office in Lagos, but the process is what i have below

Get an availability form @ N200
Fill it with your 2 names option
Go back in 2weeks,
if your name is approved, Get a file @ N250
Fill everything about your business in the file
Submit with N4,000 which is the fee for the registration,
Go back in 3 days for your certificate

Thats all to get a business name
Time: 2 weeks and some days or more, u no now!
Ammount: N4,450 I did mind 1 week ago

1 Like

Re: Business Name Registration by Papilo87(m): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2011
Check this article: How to Register Your Business Name in Nigeria with Less Stress

http://nairabrains.com/2011/09/how-to-get-your-business-name-registered-in-nigeria-with-less-stress/
Re: Business Name Registration by Dsubtle(m): 5:34am On Oct 01, 2011
ochukoccna:

Scam Alert here.
koksybr@wn says he did it for 4,500 and here you are looking for people to rip off.
ITT as Fela talk. ;I do n't care what u say,that is wht pple like you do.You better find something to do and stop critising others.I wonder the kind of person you are in your community.
Re: Business Name Registration by Geenet: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2011
Business registration is N4,000 after getting the necessary name search form and the registration form, But registering an IT will cost you N25,000 presently and some other requirements.
Re: Business Name Registration by wale4x35(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
Sportsfanatic:

Business Name Registration Costs 25,000 Naira Only. And it takes 2 weeks or more. It takes time because you have to do an availability search to find out if the name you are registering is available. If you want to register your business name, you can contact us with the info below.

Contact Us:
Swift Business Enterprises

I sincerely believe that 25,000 is a bit too high  angry angry angry

Another good samaritan posted a link which costs about 4550.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826045.0.html

I rest my case.
Re: Business Name Registration by duyilove: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
Please, does anyone know where the office is located in Akure
Re: Business Name Registration by gocnig(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2011
biz name registration is less that #5,000 naira , so many people have been decieving people,that it cost #20,000 and above, i thing this guide will help out www.gatewaycenter. co.cc/how
Re: Business Name Registration by kaposky(f): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2011
The key has been given to you already but just in case you still need a Layer, call this lawyer 08037978991. He registers businames for people at the cost of N6,950 for now.
Mind you I have never used him but I have seen his adverts all over.
So you can try him out but still do your due deligence.
Re: Business Name Registration by opinvest: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
VISIT DIS SITE 4 XMAS BONUS: www.opinvest4all..com.
Re: Business Name Registration by payme(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2013
Things have changed.A business name nolonger goes for 6000.You can walk into their office behind mko abiola garden,or sit at home and let someone do it for u fast and cheap.More info, ask tmagicng@yahoo.com
Re: Business Name Registration by payme(m): 6:58am On Jun 03, 2013
payme: Things have changed.A business name nolonger goes for 6000.You can walk into their office behind mko abiola garden,or sit at home and let someone do it for u fast and cheap.More info, ask tmagicng@yahoo.com
Or better still call me on 07068871340
-'l register a ltd for as low as 60k and a bizname for 25k
Re: Business Name Registration by payme(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
payme:
Or better still call me on 07068871340
-'l register a ltd for as low as 60k and a bizname for 25k
Offer still stands...Save 10,000 today
Register ltd @ 60,000 and biz name @ 25,000... It will be done in good time.Fast and cheap
Re: Business Name Registration by payme(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2013
payme:
Offer still stands...Save 10,000 today
Register ltd @ 60,000 and biz name @ 25,000... It will be done in good time.Fast and cheap
To initiate a name search immediately,call 08067124340, 07068871340
Looking forward to hearing from u
Re: Business Name Registration by Tatian(f): 1:53am On Jun 18, 2013
Don't contact any1 to do it for you, unless of cos u have money to give away just go to the yaba address its 4500. I believe I came across a post that Listed the process, you will need the use of a law court after the purchase of the 2nd form which is not far from CAC, lawyers will approach you asking for them to assist you, be careful not to be scammed , jst asked for directives to d office whr ur form will be stamped , if you wnt their assitance give them 500 if not you will pay 200 or 300 in d office. that exactly d way its done . And remember to make copies after u fill d form.

1 Like

Re: Business Name Registration by disc20: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-register-your-business-in.html
Re: Business Name Registration by dvdami(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
disc20: For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-register-your-business-in.html

Hello bro, I have read your article wt keen interest even before coming across d link here. Great info. Could you please help me with the CAC office addresses in Lagos?

Tnx.
Re: Business Name Registration by payme(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
dvdami:

Hello bro, I have read your article wt keen interest even before coming across d link here. Great info. Could you please help me with the CAC office addresses in Lagos?

Tnx.

CAC is located @
Otunba jobi fele way. Behind MKO Abiola Garden Alausa Ikeja.
Re: Business Name Registration by tundebj(m): 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
Please how much for business name reg now, i understand its N10,000 is this real?
Re: Business Name Registration by Tolujoseph(m): 12:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Regville Associates is proud to be Nigeria’s foremost company registration firm. What makes Regville distinctive and different is that not only will they help you register your company they will help you get necessary documents that your bank requires to open a corporate bank account at NO EXTRA COST.
For further details visit www.regville.com
Re: Business Name Registration by HALLOWED: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Geenet: Business registration is N4,000 after getting the necessary name search form and the registration form, But registering an IT will cost you N25,000 presently and some other requirements.

Please what do you mean by IT?.
Re: Business Name Registration by honsule(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
tundebj: Please how much for business name reg now, i understand its N10,000 is this real?

This is just for filing. CAC no longer collect cash when u want to file.If u want to register a business,etc contact me.I do direct registration in their Head office @Maitama,Abuja
Re: Business Name Registration by honsule(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
HALLOWED:

Please what do you mean by IT?.

IT means Incorporated Trustees, NGO and Churches registration comes under it
Re: Business Name Registration by agbeman: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2013
House I need an idea my husband registered a business name in 1990's and the certificate was given to from Abuja. But not open account on the business name.
My question is can I make use of the business name as @ now.
can I open an account for the name in other for me to be buying goods from a company.
pls elite me.
Re: Business Name Registration by honsule(m): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2013
agbeman: House I need an idea my husband registered a business name in 1990's and the certificate was given to from Abuja. But not open account on the business name.
My question is can I make use of the business name as @ now.
can I open an account for the name in other for me to be buying goods from a company.
pls elite me.

Yes u can.In doing so,the Bank might require a CTC of the certificate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Mix Ingredients For Custard Powder Production / Diamond Bank Appoints Chris Ubosi As New Non-executive Director / Good Profit In Haulage Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.