Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight (1901 Views)

US Warships Shadowed In South China Sea By Military Vessels ( Pics) / Russian Warplanes Intercept US B-52 Nuclear Bomber Over Pacific Ocean(Pix,video) / RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by ken6488(m): 3:33am On Mar 09, 2023
This is the largest strike on Ukraine since the war started
The number of Tu-95 bombers airborne varies from one aviation monitor to the other, some say 10 while others say 15.

If it’s actually 15, then they’ll be holding around 120 X-101 cruise missiles, making it the largest missile attack to date.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by ken6488(m): 3:38am On Mar 09, 2023
8 waves now

This is the first time Russia have used such power

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Moh247: 5:12am On Mar 09, 2023
What is the objective of this meaningless war

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by gfelo(m): 5:52am On Mar 09, 2023
To take over Ukraine, make their president a slave and send message to NATO that Russia is powerfuland can not be tempered with.
Moh247:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by gfelo(m): 5:57am On Mar 09, 2023
Joe Bidden visit caused this, seen like Russia is playing with Ukraine, Russia is going to repeat this attack 5 times this month, when they are done with Ukraine NATO will ve no choice to invite Russia to join them. Russia will feel too big to join NATO then.

7 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Dabronze(m): 7:17am On Mar 09, 2023
When I will be sure that NATO is serious is when they mount their nuclear weapons to.destroy at least one village in Russia then I will know that they really supporting Ukraine

9 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by shegzhkn: 8:36am On Mar 09, 2023
gfelo:
Joe Bidden visit caused this, seen like Russia is playing with Ukraine, Russia is going to repeat this attack 5 times this month, when they are done with Ukraine NATO will ve no choice to invite Russia to join them. Russia will feel too big to join NATO then.
Abegi, rest.
The so called hypersonic weapon Putin rant and rave about has been used in Ukraine with no discernable battlefield impact, but wait I thought the dude said the war will be over in 48 hours ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2023
Moh247:

To de-fang NATO on the Eastern front. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 8:52am On Mar 09, 2023
shegzhkn:

Abegi, rest.
The so called hypersonic weapon Putin rant and rave about has been used in Ukraine with no discernable battlefield impact, but wait I thought the dude said the war will be over in 48 hours ??

You only Conjurred that from your imagination. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Baronthecelebri: 9:09am On Mar 09, 2023
I can't believe that Ukraine is giving Russia tough time

1 Like

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by gfelo(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2023
we are waiting
shegzhkn:

Abegi, rest.
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by seunny4lif(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2023
That’s a lie because according to UK and USA government, Russia have ran out of missiles since last year April.

The British head of military even said Russia military are now using cutlass, hoe and shovel to attack Ukraine positions.

What Russia launched today into Ukraine are Cutlasses, hoes and Shovel grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Mercury12(m): 11:38am On Mar 09, 2023
Moh247:
the west wanna see Ukraine in ruins. Russia wants no NATO base in Ukraine for security reasons

The west installed Ukraine puppet president is following their order and directions and as long as he remains loyal to the agenda which is against Russia and Ukraine will keep receiving money aids and weapons to support the war. Their target is Russia.

But unfortunately for the Ukrainians their enemy is stronger than them😂
The earlier Ukrainians rise up against the west surrender the better for them 😂

9 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by fortunez1(m): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2023
Yeye dey smell
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by olugabbie(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
Baronthecelebri:
I can't believe that Ukraine is giving Russia tough time

Western media always ask their guess this question, why did we over-estimate Russian military strength?

I would love to ask them to point out one country in NATO or EU that has the capacity to do what Russia is doing in Ukraine? The answer is none.
UK, France, Germany or Italy can not try it. They don't have the troops or equipments to do it.

Almighty US won't risk this kind of war. Before the US invaded Iraq they made sure the country has been defeated before sending their troops to fight. They imposed economic sanction on Iraq to make sure the country can not fund the war and also place arms embargo to make sure she doesn't get weapon from outside during the war. When all these have been achieved, they sent their troop to finish off. They did the same in Afghanistan.

The is a war every super power will try to avoid, unless if it is an existential threat like in the case of Russia. Russia has continue to prosecute this war because she can not afford to loose.

I still believe Russia will take minimum of the whole of Donbas, Zaprophyzia (she already control 70%), part of Kherson (the 55% she already control) and some part of Kharkiv. Currently Russia main troops are almost not active. Both Ukraine and Russia concentrated their forces in Bakhmut. Russia is using Wager fighters while Ukraine is using it main forces. Russia is likely waiting for the Wagner to seize the fortress-Bakhmut before using it main troops to take the rest of Donetsk.

13 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by CodeTemplar: 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
Last few kicks of a dying horse I guess. Putin's troop have tasted a reverse of special military operation and cannot sustain their initial momentum.
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by obedience4(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wow. Ken I never knew you were a war reporter..
Seems you are in Ukraine covering the attack,
Because both western and Russia news networks have not reported any large Russian attack in the last 48 hours..

Bravo sir
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Antiochus(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
seunny4lif:
That’s a lie because according to UK and USA government, Russia have ran out of missiles since last year April.

The British head of military even said Russia military are now using cutlass, hoe and shovel to attack Ukraine positions.

See that SU57 as e carry hypersonic spades.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Nukilia: 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
Putin should handpick that zelensky criminal and try him for war crimes against humanity. Shame the Ukrainians never saw the handwriting on the wall.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by ken6488(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
obedience4:
Because both western and Russia news networks have not reported any large Russian attack in the last 48 hours..

Bravo sir
check sir

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by seunny4lif(m): 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
Antiochus:

See that SU57 as e carry hypersonic hoes.
I swear grin
People dey crazy for creativity grin

4 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by obedience4(m): 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
ken6488:
check sir

You are right,
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2023
seunny4lif:

They are called Hypersonic and ballistic shovels. grin At this stage, the British intelligence should be digging graves. coolp

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Last few kicks of a dying horse I guess. Putin's troop have tasted a reverse of special military operation and cannot sustain their initial momentum.

Regrettably, the horse that's currently dying is the Ukrainian and NATOstan propaganda horse.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by CodeTemplar: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
Appleyard:

Regrettably, the horse that's currently dying is the Ukrainian and NATOstan propaganda horse.
a scale cannot weigh itself.
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
obedience4:

Bravo sir

How would you know when you're obediently watching and expecting your MSM lying machine to contradict their earlier claims that Russia has ran out of missiles and now using shovels?. cool

Ukranews has helpfully posted a breakdown of the recent devastating attacks: cool

- 28 launches of Kh-101/Kh-555 air-based cruise missiles;

- 20 launches of Kalibr sea-based cruise missiles;

- 6 launches of Kh-22 air-based cruise missiles;

- 6 launches of Kh-47 Kinzhal air-based cruise missiles;

- 8 launches of guided air missiles: 2 - Kh-31P; 6 - Kh-59;

- 13 launches of S-300 anti-aircraft guided missiles.

In addition, 8 Shahed-136/131 attack UAVs were launched.

https://ukranews.com/en/news/919839-russia-fires-81-missiles-at-ukraine-occupiers-use-6-kinzhal-missiles-at-once-for-first-time

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Antiochus:

See that SU57 as e carry hypersonic spades.

You gat the drift. grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by Appleyard(m): 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
a scale cannot weigh itself.

Neither can a dying horse fight with shovels and hoes. cool

1 Like

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by obedience4(m): 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
Appleyard:

How would you know when you're obediently watching and expecting your MSM lying machine to contradict their earlier claims that Russia has ran out of missiles and now using shovels?. cool

Ukranews has helpfully posted a breakdown of the recent devastating attacks: cool

- 28 launches of Kh-101/Kh-555 air-based cruise missiles;

- 20 launches of Kalibr sea-based cruise missiles;

- 6 launches of Kh-22 air-based cruise missiles;

- 6 launches of Kh-47 Kinzhal air-based cruise missiles;

- 8 launches of guided air missiles: 2 - Kh-31P; 6 - Kh-59;

- 13 launches of S-300 anti-aircraft guided missiles.

In addition, 8 Shahed-136/131 attack UAVs were launched.

https://ukranews.com/en/news/919839-russia-fires-81-missiles-at-ukraine-occupiers-use-6-kinzhal-missiles-at-once-for-first-time

Irony, Russia military using s300 missles to hit ground targets,
S300 a missiles a surface to air missiles used to hit targets in the air, are now being use to as land targets
.😀😀😁😁😂
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by shegzhkn: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2023
olugabbie:

Western media always ask their guess this question, why did we over-estimate Russian military strength?

I would love to ask them to point out one country in NATO or EU that has the capacity to do what Russia is doing in Ukraine? The answer is none.
UK, France, Germany or Italy can not try it. They don't have the troops or equipments to do it.

Almighty US won't risk this kind of war. Before the US invaded Iraq they made sure the country has been defeated before sending their troops to fight. They imposed economic sanction on Iraq to make sure the country can not fund the war and also place arms embargo to make sure she doesn't get weapon from outside during the war. When all these have been achieved, they sent their troop to finish off. They did the same in Afghanistan.

The is a war every super power will try to avoid, unless if it is an existential threat like in the case of Russia. Russia has continue to prosecute this war because she can not afford to loose.

I still believe Russia will take minimum of the whole of Donbas, Zaprophyzia (she already control 70%), part of Kherson (the 55% she already control) and some part of Kharkiv. Currently Russia main troops are almost not active. Both Ukraine and Russia concentrated their forces in Bakhmut. Russia is using Wager fighters while Ukraine is using it main forces. Russia is likely waiting for the Wagner to seize the fortress-Bakhmut before using it main troops to take the rest of Donetsk.
Honey, keep telling yourself that. I've said it before and I'm gonna repeat it - if we found a way to ground nukes which the fragile, insecure man is prepared to use the war will be over quickly. The west have been hesitant to give Ukraine f-16s or any kind of weapon that might cause some kind of escalation aka Nuclear Weapon , if we don't have to deal with that where did you think Putin will be by now ??, Lol.
Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by olugabbie(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2023
shegzhkn:

Honey, keep telling yourself that. I've said it before and I'm gonna repeat it - if we found a way to ground nukes which the fragile, insecure man is prepared to use the war will be over quickly. The west have been hesitant to give Ukraine f-16s or any kind of weapon that might cause some kind of escalation aka Nuclear Weapon , if we don't have to deal with that where did you think Putin will be by now ??, Lol.

They just approved tanks for Ukraine. Sooner or later they will approve F-16. But I assure you these weapon won't change anything on the ground. There is nothing like wonder weapon. HIMARS has not stopped Russian advancement in Bakhmut.

In this war tank rarely engage other tank. Anti-tank weapon and artilery take out tanks at an unimaginable rate. Also, you can not fly fighter jet freely, any 4th generation aircraft SU-35, F-16 or F-15 can be shot down with ease. I don't know about 5th gen. They have not been tested There are a lots of defence systems locking around on the battlefield on both sides. This is not Iraq or Afghanistan that don't have proliferated air defense systems.

Don't let anybody lie to you. Russia is not going to attack any Western country as long as they don't send their troops into Ukraine. Forget about the Nuclear blackmail. Russia has enough conventional weapon to deal with any country that crosses the redline. Russian submarines and bomber fleet can deliver conventional strike to any Western country without entering it air space or water space.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight by shegzhkn: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2023
olugabbie:

They just approved tanks for Ukraine. Sooner or later they will approve F-16. But I assure you these weapon won't change anything on the ground. There is nothing like wonder weapon. HIMARS has not stopped Russian advancement in Bakhmut.

In this war tank rarely engage other tank. Anti-tank weapon and artilery take out tanks at an unimaginable rate. Also, you can not fly fighter jet freely, any 4th generation aircraft SU-35, F-16 or F-15 can be shot down with ease. I don't know about 5th gen. They have not been tested There are a lots of defence systems locking around on the battlefield on both sides. This is not Iraq or Afghanistan that don't have proliferated air defense systems.

Don't let anybody lie to you. Russia is not going to attack any Western country as long as they don't send their troops into Ukraine. Forget about the Nuclear blackmail. Russia has enough conventional weapon to deal with any country that crosses the redline. Russian submarines and bomber fleet can deliver conventional strike to any Western country without entering it air space or water space.
Parroting Kremlin talking points, I will repeat myself if it wasn't because of the nukes we would have pull a Gaddafi on Putin and I am damn sure he knows this and that is why everytime he's cornered he threatens nuclear war and all other loose talk.
Putin has repeatedly said Ukraine isn't even a real country tell me how a supposed Military power is struggling with her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It was accidental’ says Congolese education minister after impregnating deputy / Libya, Rebel Army Runs Away Road Advanced 2 Days Ago / SIMPLICITY: British Prime Minister Enjoying Beach With Citizens (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.