Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria (2078 Views)

There Are More Hausa In SW Than Ibos / Awolowo Gave More To Yoruba People In Sw Than What Okun People Received In Nc. / 2019 Vice Presidential Slot - SE or SW: Figures From 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 6:33am On Mar 09, 2023
So they called Lagos "No mans Land"? Everyone has freedom of speech, you are free to call their land the same

The constitution of Nigeria accords every Nigerian the right to reside anywhere in Nigeria, and exercise all legal rights as if he were an indigene of the area

As an Igbo man, you dont have more rights than me in Lagos or any part of Nigeria

I cannot be a 'visitor', 'guest' or 'migrant' in my own country. You cannot accomodate me in my own country.

You cannot deny me the right to vote for the candidate of my choice in Lagos or any part of Nigeria, or to run for any office of my choosing, anywhere in Nigeria

However, if you say Im a visitor in my own country, if you say Im a migrant in my own country and claim to be "accomodating" me in my country.............

Then it is not my country. Grant me a referendum so I can go my way, create my own seperate country so that next time you see me in your land, and you call me visitor, migrant, claim to be accommodating me and deny me the right to vote or be voted for, you will be right

You cannot choose which version of "one Nigeria" you want to practice, we are either one, or we are not

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 6:35am On Mar 09, 2023
Nigeria is a country of many nations.

I believe that's obvious..

If we want Biafra, Oduduwa and co and pretend as if there's no ethnic tension amongst us, then we are just plain stupid.

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by TheBillyonaire: 6:43am On Mar 09, 2023
Lagos is no man's land at the moment. It used to belong to the Edo Kingdom before the Portuguese conquered her. The Federal Government had to use it as Capital.

Now she belongs to anyone who owns a part of her.

12 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Godfullsam(m): 6:45am On Mar 09, 2023
People who once called Nigeria a zoo are the same people claiming equal right upandan.

It is well o.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 6:47am On Mar 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria is a country of many nations.

I believe that's obvious..

If we want Biafra, Oduduwa and co and pretend as if there's no ethnic tension amongst us, then we are just plain stupid.
Lol. Agreed. Seems it's just the two major southern tribes that want their own nations anyways.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Ttalk: 6:52am On Mar 09, 2023
Longer throat, are you no monger dreaming of your utopia Biafra, your uncough greediness will be your undoing in Lagos since you have chosen to take hospitality by the indigene for granted.

These are same people through this useless Peter Obi deported Hausas while we have seen so many northerners trailers being burnt down and looted, including Dangote trucks and trucks conveying onions.

You turned your region into a pariah state only to start eyeing a peaceful region that has shunned violent that pushed your people to become refugee in other parts of the country.

The way you were rejected in Ghana, SA and all over the world is the way you will be rejected in Lagos

9 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Throwback: 6:52am On Mar 09, 2023
Tell that to Bianca Ojukwu that was rejected in Anambra despite her marriage to an iconic figure.

13 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by JASONjnr(m): 6:54am On Mar 09, 2023
Who are the real Lagosians?

Why can't they come out to hold down their state?

Why are they behind and selling off their inheritance to Tinubu?

Never seen anyone claimed to be an indigenous people of Lagos.....

Hence the reason why the state is sold to the biggest bidder!
Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Throwback: 6:54am On Mar 09, 2023
Godfullsam:
People who once called Nigeria a zoo are the same people claiming equal right upandan.

It is well o.

See how God used Obi to rehabilitate them and abandoned Biafra or death.

Obi has brought them back to Nigeria to be led by Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is a Yorubastard or Yorobb.er as IPOB termed us.

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by CruelDove(f): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2023
You'll soon change your song to Biafra or death.

Your tears for equality and fairness will soon dry up.

9 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by ElSudani: 6:58am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:
So they called Lagos "No mans Land"? Everyone has freedom of speech, you are free to call their land the same

The constitution of Nigeria accords every Nigerian the right to reside anywhere in Nigeria, and exercise all legal rights as if he were an indigene of the area

As an Igbo man, you dont have more rights than me in Lagos or any part of Nigeria

I cannot be a 'visitor', 'guest' or 'migrant' in my own country. You cannot accomodate me in my own country.

You cannot deny me the right to vote for the candidate of my choice in Lagos or any part of Nigeria, or to run for any office of my choosing, anywhere in Nigeria

However, if you say Im a visitor in my own country, if you say Im a migrant in my own country and claim to be "accomodating" me in my country.............

Then it is not my country. Grant me a referendum so I can go my way, create my own seperate country so that next time you see me in you land and you call me visitor, migrant, claim to be accommodating me and deny me the right to vote or be voted for you will be right

You cannot choose which version of "one Nigeria" you want to practice, we are either one, or we are not

You should have thought about this when you were chasing and attacking Fulani herdsmen who were legitimately and peacefully herding their cattle in Iboland.
Your people even killed a defenseless woman and her kids just because she wore hijab!

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Ttalk: 6:59am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

However, if you say Im a visitor in my own country if you say Im a migrant in my own country and claim to be "accommodating" me in my country.............

Then it is not my country. Grant me a referendum so I can go my way, create my own separate country so that next time you see me in your land and you call me visitor, migrant, claim to be accommodating me, and deny me the right to vote or be voted for you will be right

Nigeria is a federation, each federating state has the right to make laws on its immigration if Lagos and SW decide to have a control policy over the influx of miscreants from SE into SW, so be it. You can't just be constituting a nuisance in another person's land after you have destroyed your own

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:03am On Mar 09, 2023
Ttalk:

Nigeria is a federation, each generating state has the right to make laws on its immigration if Lagos and SW decide to have a control policy over the influx of miscreants from SE into SW, so be it. You can't just be constituting a nuisance in another person's land after you have destroyed your own

So the constitution grants every Nigerian unrestricted movement and settlement in any part of Nigeria, but South West or Lagos can make law to control movement? They can override the constitution?

Then that means there us nothing like "one Nigeria" and a referendum should be allowed for those who wish to go their way

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2023
ElSudani:

You should have thought about this when you were chasing and attacking Fulani herdsmen who were legitimately and peacefully herding their cattle in Iboland.

You mean those who were not even Nigerians, were breaking the anti grazing law, destroying farmlands and killing people?

Freedom of movement is for Nigerians, not cattle

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

So the constitution grants every Nigerian unrestricted movement and settlement in any part of Nigeria, but South West or Lagos can make law to control movement? They can override the constitution?

Then that means there us nothing like "one Nigeria" and a referendum should be allowed for those who wish to go their way

Under what law were Ibos chasing and killing Fulani herdsmen away from Iboland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zux_Ps35SNo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:09am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

You mean those who were not even Nigerians, were breaking the anti grazing law, destroying farmlands and killing people?

Freedom of movement is for Nigerians, not cattle

How did you know they were not Nigerians? What about the woman who was killed along with her kids?
Why couldn't herdsmen herd their cattle freely in Iboland even when they have done nothing wrong?
Don't they have the same rights as you do in Enugu or Anambra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njlwQAcpFuU

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by flokii: 7:09am On Mar 09, 2023
Relax OP.. you have rights to live in Lagos because you are a Nigerian and Lagos is a State in Nigeria.. what you must understand is that Yorubas and by extension Eguns including the ones in Benin Republic and Togo have more say in the affairs of Lagos than you an Igboman.
The earlier you understand this fact, the better for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:09am On Mar 09, 2023
Throwback:

See how God used Obi to rehabilitate them and abandoned Biafra or death.

Obi has brought them back to Nigeria to be led by Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is a Yorubastard or Yorobb.er as IPOB termed us.

You are more worried about Biafra that is yet to be, but less worried about your Nigeria that has not worked since 1960, has since become poverty capital of the world and one of the most insecure countries on earth

Misplaced priorities

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Ttalk: 7:11am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

So the constitution grants every Nigerian unrestricted movement and settlement in any part of Nigeria, but South West or Lagos can make a law to control movement? They can override the constitution?

Then that means there is nothing like "one Nigeria" and a referendum should be allowed for those who wish to go their way

We all know the proponent of one Nigeria, a unitary system that was forcefully installed by Aguiyu Ironsi just to control and corner the resources in a federating state.

A true federal system reserves the right to make certain laws that govern its territory. Regulating and controlling miscreants from other regions is the duty of every federating unit

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:14am On Mar 09, 2023
ElSudani:

How did you know they were not Nigerians? What about the woman who was killed along with her kids?
Why couldn't herdsmen herd their cattle freely in Iboland even when they have done nothing wrong?
Don't they have the same rights as you do in Enugu or Anambra?

Anti open grazing laws does not permit anyone to herd cattle except on designated land such ranches

Anyone herding cattle openly is a law breaker

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:15am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

Anti open grazing laws does not permit anyone to herd cattle except on designated land such ranches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njlwQAcpFuU

What about these folks you burn down their huts? Were they aso doing open grazing?

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Ttalk: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

Was anti grazing law not functional despite the fact that it is a law set by each generating states to control the influx of criminal?, why do you support anti grazing law but don't want to support similar law from SW that is intended to control the excess of Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2023
Godfullsam:

It is well o.
Tinubu too didn't believe in Nigeria at a point. Infact, during Jonathan's confab of yesterday, he led some section of yoruba leaders to boycott the confab because it was not a sovereign national conference.

Do you know what that means?

My own is that Nigerians don't love themselves and would never be one no matter the narratives.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://allafrica.com/stories/200105030065.html&ved=2ahUKEwjk-vKonM79AhXiavEDHTl5ALQQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw25qFodGA0zMpnRxB0sHKep

1 Like

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:36am On Mar 09, 2023
Ttalk:

Was anti grazing law not functional despite the fact that it is a law set by each generating states to control the influx of criminal?, why do you support anti grazing law but don't want to support similar law from SW that is intended to control the excess of Igbo
What is the excesses of the Igbos living in Yoruba land?

Is it because they prosper wherever they go to the chagrin of the lazy indigenous peoples?

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:44am On Mar 09, 2023
Ttalk:

We all know the proponent of one Nigeria, a unitary system that was forcefully installed by Aguiyu Ironsi just to control and corner the resources in a federating state.

A true federal system reserves the right to make certain laws that govern its territory. Regulating and controlling miscreants from other regions is the duty of every federating unit

And that indirectly what Im saying, that "one Nigeria" is a fraud so we should organise a referendum, go our seperate ways and then everyone can go and implement what the believe in, in their various countries

Lets stop lying to each other that we are one

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Ttalk: 7:48am On Mar 09, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
What is the excesses of the Igbos living in Yoruba land?

Is it because they prosper wherever they go to the chagrin of the lazy indigenous peoples?

Because they are the only tribe in the entire world to call the ancestral land of their host a no man's land.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:52am On Mar 09, 2023
Ttalk:

Because they are the only tribe in the entire world to call the ancestral land of their host a no man's land.
Have you not driven the worst and most callous narratives against them as well?
Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by Ttalk: 7:52am On Mar 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

And that indirectly what Im saying, that "one Nigeria" is a fraud so we should organise a referendum, go our seperate ways and then everyone can go and implement what the believe in, in their various countries

Lets stop lying to each other that we are one

You can do it today if you so desired.

Return all your people back to SE.
Withdral those holding elective and those working with the government agency back to SE government

Reject FG allocation and start generating your revenue

1 Like

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by wahalawahala: 7:54am On Mar 09, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Lagos is no man's land at the moment. It used to belong to the Edo Kingdom before the Portuguese conquered her. The Federal Government had to use it as Capital.

Now she belongs to anyone who owns a part of her.
if u sure fr ur papa.. leave online go talk am fr Lagos streets

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by LadyExcellency: 7:54am On Mar 09, 2023
flokii:
Relax OP.. you have the right to live in Lagos because you are a Nigerian and Lagos is a State in Nigeria.. what you must understand is that Yorubas and by extension Eguns including the ones in Benin Republic and Togo have more say in the affairs of Lagos than you an Igboman.
The earlier you understand this fact, the better for everyone.

If I understand you well, a Yoruba in Ibadan who has no transport money to go to Lagos State has a right and legitimacy to Lagos State than Nigerians from other tribes who were born and bred in Lagos, have prosperous businesses and mansions in Lagos, living fulfilled life with their families?

This is the most stvpid perception ever a grown-up can have. How do you have a right where you can't even vote because you have no PVC, no polling unit and not registered to vote in Lagos State. What a sorry state of a living soul.

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Has More Rights In Lagos Or SW Than Anyone Else From Any Part Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:55am On Mar 09, 2023
Throwback:
Tell that to Bianca Ojukwu that was rejected in Anambra despite her marriage to an iconic figure.
Didn't yorubas reject Obasanjo despite being one of the foremost and illustrious son of the soil respected both home and abroad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Double Citizenship: -- He Is Also From Guinea. / INSECURITY: The Way Forward For Secured And Safe Nigeria / Tambuwal,Saraki Others Shun David Mark’s Peace Talk,Insist On Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.