Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code (526 Views)

All New USSD Codes For Mtn, Glo And Airtel / Someone should tell me Access Bank New USSD Code please? / Banks, Telcos To Make Over Half A Billion Naira On New USSD Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by ROYH(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2023
Nigerian telecom operators begin implementation of uniform shortcodes for services

Telecommunications operators in Nigeria have begun the implementation of harmonized shortcodes for their services. This is in line with the regulatory modernization initiative by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to ensure that shortcodes are uniform across all networks.

The Association of Licensed Telecommunications Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) disclosed this in a statement released on Tuesday.

The harmonization of shortcodes is aimed at implementing a streamlined process for common shortcodes across the industry, by making life easier for Nigerians through the memorization of single codes, for various services across all networks as well as providing a cohesive regulatory framework that is consistent with global best practices.

NCC’s directive: Announcing the commencement of the implementation the umbrella body of the telecom operators stated:

β€œFollowing the directive from NCC, the Association hereby inform the general public that the Network Operators have begun implementing the shortcodes, working closely with the NCC. The Commission has provided adequate time for subscribers to get AL
ALTON noted that during migration which is to be concluded by 17th May 2023, old and new common codes will run concurrently, after which the old codes will cease to operate.

News continues after this ad

The harmonized shortcodes: The proposed harmonized shortcodes are:

Call Center/Help Desk – 300
Voice Mail Deposit – 301
Voice Mail Retrieval -302
Borrow Services – 303
STOP Services – 304
Check Balance – 310
Credit Recharge – 311
Data Plan – 312
Shared Services – 321
Data Plan Balance – 323
Verification of SIM Registration/ NIN – SIM Linkage – 996
Porting Services (MNP) – 2442

What you should know: Until now, each telecom operator has its unique code for checking balance, recharging, borrowing credit, etc. These require a telecom subscriber with more than one line to memorize the different codes for the respective operators.
However, the harmonization of shortcodes entails making the common shortcodes utilized by customers to be uniform across all networks. For instance, the code for recharging a line can be used across all mobile networks for the same function.

FOD, Dominique, Naijacutee, seun, nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by ademasta(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2023
Really?

1 Like

Re: NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by ROYH(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2023
It's working on mtn, airtel and Glo already.

Get familiar with the code
Re: NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by ROYH(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2023
Test it and see πŸ’―
ademasta:
Really?
Re: NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by ademasta(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2023
ROYH:
Test it and see πŸ’―
That's nice!

I just checked, you are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by Faber(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2023
This one good... especially for glo
Na so one guy asked me one day inside bank. "Bros abeg which code to borrow credit for glo, I want call my girl to bring my NIN slip for me"

I just replied : " * 009*6#" πŸ˜€

Guy man dial the code, me I no know whether the code worked or not. Glo USSD codes no be here, e dey long pass others.

Glo subscribers, I hail una

1 Like

Re: NEW USSD: All Telecommunications To Start Using Unfiorm Code by ROYH(m): 10:51am On Mar 09, 2023
It's actually *321# to borrow credit or data 🀣
Faber:
This one good... especially for glo
Na so one guy asked me one day inside bank. "Bros abeg which code to borrow credit for glo, I want call my girl to bring my NIN slip for me"

I just replied : " * 009*6#" πŸ˜€

Guy man dial the code, me I no know whether the code worked or not. Glo USSD codes no be here, e dey long pass others.

Glo subscribers, I hail una
but the uniform code won't be bad, at least, it will save everyone from the stress of trying to remember particular network code when it's been a while its in use..

(1) (Reply)

Did Mtn Scam Us With Buying Shares / Is This Real Or Fake? Or Am I Dreaming? / 1 USD = #1,480. Naira Keeps Fighting Back In Hard Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.