Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Women Empowerment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Empowerment (207 Views)

A Women Empowerment Story - Babban Gona's WEDI Members / How Dr. Siju Iluyomade Is Transforming Life Through Arise Women Empowerment / The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women Empowerment by Peteroluebube: 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wow!!! What a day.
Yesterday I heard all sorts of amazing stories of gallant women worldwide; lol, I wish I were a woman.
To be honest, Women worldwide do more than just contribute to the economy.
They do so many things worthy of praise without making too much noise about them.
I am a man, but I still think women do much more than us. Physically, emotionally, and psychologically. You name it. Let's even look at childbirth; a whole human being is raised inside them ooo smh; wait till you see a woman in labor to appreciate my point.
Women have more foresight than men, so much so that it feels like they can read the future. They can tell the taste of food before cooking it, and they can sense danger miles ahead etc.
They do so much in homes that men may not be able to pay them for. On average, women dedicate 4 hours and 25 minutes per day of unpaid work on top of their jobs and business.

Advocating for women’s empowerment takes more than a social media post. Women need to be lifted to leadership roles, supported in a business where possible, and allowed to go after their big dreams and ambitions because they carry the future. I once read somewhere that companies with at least 30% of women in leadership positions were, on average, 15% more profitable than those with no female leaders, and I won't doubt that companies run by women may have some advantages over those run by men.
Omo, I am proud to be the son of a woman. Thank you MamaPeter

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Reunited With Hubby | Saying Goodbye | Sister-in-law Visited | Friend Overjoyed! / "Women Love Money" A Good Thing Or A Bad Thing? Let's Discuss. / To Day Is My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.