Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,608 members, 7,865,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

Psychological Effects Of 2023 Presidential Elections On Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Psychological Effects Of 2023 Presidential Elections On Nigerians (185 Views)

INEC To Conduct Supplementary Elections On April 15, 2023 / INEC To Conduct Kogi, Bayelsa, Imo Governorship Elections On November 11, 2023 / Kogi: INEC To Conduct Supplementary Elections On November 30th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Psychological Effects Of 2023 Presidential Elections On Nigerians by Birdbyrde440: 7:37am On Mar 10, 2023
I will like to state that since i was born i have never voted and do not intend to vote until the process is paperless, biometric and stress-free. I made this decision after witnessing the first democratic election that brought Olusegun Obasanjo to power in 1999, i came to the conclusion that Nigerian elections are nothing but a joke, a sham and so i never bothered to participate. Fast forward to 2023, there was so much noise about "free and fair" "Bvas Irev electronic transmission" i remained adamant, but i was moved a little by President Buhari's assurances and naira redesign, it was a step in right direction but i remained mostly indifferent.

The enthusiastic support that came from both young and old nigerians was HUGE, almost nigerian was eager to vote but on Febuary 25 election day the election was neither free, fair or rigged it was GOVERNMENT MAGIC. They turned blue to white. Despite being neutral i was still shocked to my bone marrow!

PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS ON PEOPLE:

1. People like me who understand the Nigerian system remained neutral, we don't have voters card, have never voted and will never vote unless there is significant improvement. We were shocked that despite the fact that the eyes of the world was on nigeria, election was magically hijacked. To me, the next step now is to call for the division of Nigeria by any means necessary because my children will never live like this.
Est. 5% of Nigerians.

2. There are those who have accepted the results despite the goverment magic. They say things like
"I know say they go rig the election but lets give the winner a chance he might change things".
Est. 15% of Nigerians

3. There are those who are now just coming to the realization that Nigeria is not supposed to be one country, this set of people were rudely awakened they now have the mindset that criminality rules in nigeria, due process is a sham, and the only way to get what you want is by cutting corners. These are mostly young people 18-27.
Est. 25% of Nigerians.

4. There are those who are in a complete state of mourning, depression and on the verge of suicide. They were too emotionally invested in the process, these set people initially thought that nigeria is "their country" and that one day nigeria will work. They frequently used to say things like "God bless Nigeria"
They used to respect the flag and anthem but not anymore.
Est. 30% of nigerians.

There are the teenagers and children who did not vote but were eargerly anticipating a free and fair process. To them, President Buhari will remain a beacon of electoral malpractice, corruption and criminality. I lost hope in the nigerian system at a very young age, my beacon of electoral malpractice, corruption and criminality is Olusegun Obasanjo and Abdulsalam Abubakar, for the young ones today it will be Buhari and Mahmood.

Conclusion:
In my mind, to be candid i trust President Buhari' integrity, as a fulani man, we dont bow to anybody, no fulani man in nigeria has a godfather, we are not weak like igbos, we are the godfathers of men in this country.
i still want to believe that the right things will be done in due time because if not Nigeria is finished. Almost everyone will give up on this country called Nigeria.
And it will go down in history that Tinubu who have said on several occassions that he made Buhari President, that Buhari came to him begging, kneeling and crying for his support. It will go down in history that A whole Buhari is the godson to Tinubu. A very shameful legacy.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Kano Approves State Anthem Bill / I CHALLENGE THE PROCESS NOT THE OUTCOME: PO POST ELECTION INTERVIEW. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.