Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube (20897 Views)

Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? / Wizkid Sets Record -1st Nigerian Album To Spend A Year On Billboard Charts / Top 16 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Faposky95: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
It's a feel good jam
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by BeanX(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rocktation:
Only me na 10000 of those views. Something fascinates me about the song and it's not even exactly the lyrics.
Let me see your full picture?
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Ogatobe: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
CityBoy17:
Dude is balling...

I did a count of all the songs I have written since my secondary school days up till now. Ive got about 154 great songs.. All dope, All hits. But no opportunity to showcase em'.

Feel so bad πŸ˜”

Sell some to me.
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Omoawoke: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
The music plays every where round the world.

Last year I was in London and this song was virtually the ringtone in restaurant, I was in Texas, same thing, same thing in Massachusetts, even in Toronto..... Even Obama said it is one of his favourite songs

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Kingcalls: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Thanks to selena ...the second most followed person on Instagram

3 Likes

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by ukaface(f): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rena don join na
So why E no go blow
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Prechgold1180(m): 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Congrats Rema.

My target is 1billion views for the video am putting out for my next single coming out in few days.

your views nur go even reach 5k with promotion. Just Dey play

Even if u fake your own death u nur go still blow

Just go back to ur receptionist job

2 Likes

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by sharone21(f): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
The fact that Rema can do this song with my baby girl, Selena Gomez, I know he is serious in this music industry...

I wonder his record label and promoter .... Doing well just like Tems own promoter

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Kentuforchrist(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Cowbell521:
Bad belle

Ode
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Kentuforchrist(m): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hokage001:

I’m pained over another man's achievement?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Na so witchcraft take start o

Fixed
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by grandstar(m): 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
Let's say the video earns $1 per 1,000 views, that $400,000 in revenue. The earnings here are based if the viewers came from tier 1 or 2 countries.

I don't know if they promote merchandise in the description space below in the YouTube video. If yes, assume 0.1% of viewers bought a t-shirts with a $7 royalty, that's 400,000 Γ— $7 = $2.8m

The second is pure speculation. I might be right or way off the potential revenue earned, it could either be far less or far more. If you're knowledgeable about it, I'd liked some education..
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
ANOTHER BANGER! grin
Original 'BINI' BOY!
EDO STATE REPPPPPPPPPING SERIOUSLY!!!! cheesy

Omo you know as we dey do na

That's how star do😎😎😎😎
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by YorubaSamurai: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
This useless song
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kentuforchrist:
Ok

So wat the Bleep are we to do with this damn news

Make una getat

Lol...bro calm down.
Music is still one of the few things that keeps hope alive in a country like this.
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Parrot69: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
grandstar:
Let's say the video earns $1 per 1,000 views, that $400,000 in revenue. The earnings here are based if the viewers came from tier 1 or 2 countries.

I don't know if they promote merchandise in the description space below in the YouTube video. If yes, assume 0.1% of viewers bought a t-shirts with a $7 royalty, that's 400,000 Γ— $7 = $2.8m

The second is pure speculation. I might be right or way off the potential revenue earned, it could either be far less or far more. If you're knowledgeable about it, I'd liked some education..

Wake up bro, 1M views on YouTube can mostly fetch you $10,000 depending on the RMP and the location of the people watching you. If they're from Africa, forget it.

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Parrot69: 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Prechgold1180:
your views nur go even reach 5k with promotion. Just Dey play

Even if u fake your own death u nur go still blow

Just go back to ur receptionist job
Wich Kan Swear be this

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Didi2d(m): 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
dgifted:
At least tribal war nor go dey this post..

Since rema no be Yoruba neither Ibo. We go rest

Rema na Edo boy

3 Likes

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by KanwuliaExtra: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Omo you know as we dey do na

That's how star do😎😎😎😎

I knew that when EDO State participated in the music industry like their counterparts, it would live up to internationally recognizable standards.

Can you imagine?

400 milion views. That is HUGE!
Yes oooooo. . .AMENO. . . GOYA AMENO!!!! Our pikin nor go join cult!
Goya Menor . . . .EDO STATE REPPING! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Mikeshine(m): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
What's the equivalent on this in dollars?
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by TheKingIsHere: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
sharone21:
The fact that Rema can do this song with my baby girl, Selena Gomez, I know he is serious in this music industry...

I wonder his record label and promoter .... Doing well just like Tems own promoter

He did a remix with selena or better still, selena jumped on the song to do a remix.

Finally, the real promoter is obama. Ask me how

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by TheKingIsHere: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parrot69:

Wake up bro, 1M views on YouTube can mostly fetch you $10,000 depending on the RMP and the location of the people watching you. If they're from Africa, forget it.

If a kid can make $28m on a 2bn youtube views, then rema is on the big bucks because most of the viewers are from UK, US, Arabs etc

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by TheKingIsHere: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I knew that when EDO State participated in the music industry like their counterparts, it would live up to internationally recognizable standards.

Can you imagine?

400 milion views. That is HUGE!
Yes oooooo. . .AMENO. . . GOYA AMENO!!!! Our pikin nor go join cult!
Goya Menor . . . .EDO STATE REPPING! cheesy

Goya Menor should be ashamed of himself for plagiarizing someone else' song/work and not paying royalties
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by TheKingIsHere: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mikeshine:
What's the equivalent on this in dollars?

Nothing less than $1m-$4m by my calculation
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by grandstar(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parrot69:

Music video niche does not pay that high. CPM is like $1 per 1,000. If it was for financial services CPM is line $15 per 1,000 or even higher. That's $15,000 if it's from tier 1 or 2.

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by KanwuliaExtra: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
TheKingIsHere:

Goya Menor should be ashamed of himself for plagiarizing someone else' song/work and not paying royalties

Then he should suffer the consequences if indeed that is true. I am not aware of that. embarassed
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by KanwuliaExtra: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
sharone21:

Don Jazzy’s Brother found him after an appearance on tiktok and was mersmerized instantly.

1 Like

Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by TheKingIsHere: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Then he should suffer the consequences if indeed that is true. I am not aware of that. embarassed

Have you ever wondered why Ameno by Goya just disappeared from the limelight and he can't even perform it outside??

It is because he plagiarized the original Ameno song by Era without paying royalties. Just like how Tecno stole danfo driver's song without paying royalties or following due process.

See the original Ameno song that most people in Nigeria don't know even exist. PS: The song is somehow dem0nic imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xUnSVTh8fI
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by BeanX(m): 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kingcalls:
Thanks to selena ...the second most followed person on Instagram
Kingfool, this isn't the remix, the main song was a hit before Selena hopped on it, you are just too dumb to do your own research, Kingfool oshi. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by BeanX(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Don Jazzy’s Brother found him after an appearance on tiktok and was mersmerized instantly.
KanwuliaMUMU πŸ˜‚
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by Image1993: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
When talking about ready to wear dresses online for women, Image changes perspectives. Contrary to our contemporaries, we don’t believe in the necessity of heavy kapra, large embroidery, and not so subtle sequins and patterns to succeed in enlisting in the formal wear category. For more details please visit: https://pk.image1993.com/collections/ready-to-wear
Re: Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube by BeanX(m): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
grandstar:

Poor people, una done start to dey count him money, smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela / Old-man Styled Puppet Dancing To Tekno's Monica Lover Lover Music / Nigerian Funk And Pop Songs Of The 1970s, '80s and 1990s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.