Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Lagos Unknown Gunmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Lagos Unknown Gunmen (687 Views)

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars / The Lagos Jungle, Agbole Where Sex Strives / Meet The Lagos Police Command's Dog, As It Undergoes Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos Unknown Gunmen by chinedu234(m): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
The term "unknown gunmen" is no longer strange in the Nigerian lexicon. It may be a derivative of the popular "unknown soldier" according to the legendary Fela Ransome Kuti. The common denominator seems to be the destructive handiwork of the two. Currently, the south eastern states are witnessing the terror being unleashed by the now called UGM. They also appear to be sharing government functions in so many localities including the now regular Monday sit at home exercise. However, the major aim of this article is to x-ray the current tirade and subtle threats to the Igbo race by a few Yoruba leaders over the 2023 electoral choices and the manifestation of a sign of UGM in Lagos. Facts are that some Yoruba traditional rulers and motor garage touts have openly threatened the Igbo race in Lagos with death if they make it possible for a candidate other than the incumbent governor to win the gubernatorial election. The deputy governor of the state has been reported telling a gathering of Kwara indigenes not to allow their children to be "Obi supporters". Mr Segun Oshoba was reported to have cautioned Igbos to be careful with their political choices in Lagos. One Adamu Garba has also been making unguarded statements in the same direction. The executive governor himself also referred to Igbos as one of the reasons their principal lost the presidential election in Lagos. Following all these utterances are the targeted arsonist attacks on Igbo markets in Ikotun and Ajegunle. My piece is just to narrate that Lagos is building up structures that brought in the dreaded UGM in the south eastern states of Nigeria. The question will be if Lagos will survive that. Will Nigeria survive it? My humble plea is for the Yoruba leaders not go on with the current gathering of ant infested woods.
Re: The Lagos Unknown Gunmen by backtovillage: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Chinedu no need to fear. Yoruba people are good people and they are very accommodation except the thugs.
But if you are among the " Lagos is noo man's land" your eye go see shege for here

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Unknown Gunmen by chinedu234(m): 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Any living human being is entitled to any belief of his choice. Threats can breed violence and no human being is immuned to the effects whether in your village or not. You probably need to go to places the drama is playing out to understand better.
Re: The Lagos Unknown Gunmen by Neddstark: 7:31am On Mar 11, 2023
You are free to do unknown gunmen killings in your region.
But my blooda. You try this shìt in Yoruba land?? In fact I won't say anything.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Communal Crisis Escalate Between The Idoma And The Igede People Of Benue State. / Confession Of Alleged Killer Of Justina Nkang / I Personally Do Not See The Justice In Sentencing To Prison A Man Who Steals By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.