Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. (1637 Views)

Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by fineboynl(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Let say you saw a car in Abuja, Kaduna, Jos. And it's quite cheaper in there than in your state.

You have made up your mind to travel to buy the car. If you consider the cost to travel and buy who will drive it to your state for you? How much will it cost?

Those this factors reflect the cheapness of this car in the first instance? When they seller removed the plate number do you register immediately in that state before driving it back or you bring it back like that without registration?

I need to know because I am working at something like this to factors everything if it worth it.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
In 2020 I bought my Honda in Lagos from a Japa Medical Doctor at LUTH.
Many drivers tried ripping me with exorbitant prices, cos I couldn't drive a car at that time, the cheapest driver for rent was 70k to drive the car from Lagos to Abuja.

After so much haggling, I called a fuckkn loyal friend in Abuja, my padi took the night bus and landed in Lagos the following morning.
I fuelled 8k for full tank and he drive us off to Abuja.

That was it.

I didn't pay him Kobo.

Within One week my Padi made me a cool driver and I've driven that same car to Lagos and back on many occasions.

9 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by bonnyhope: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ofemmanu1:
Many drivers tried ripping me with exorbitant prices, cos I couldn't drive a car at that time, the cheapest driver for rent was 70k to drive the car from Lagos to Abuja.

After so much haggling, I called a fuckkn loyal friend in Abuja, my padi took the night bus and landed in Lagos the following morning.

That was it.

I didn't pay him Kobo.

Within One week my Padi made me a cool driver and I've driven that same car to Lagos and back on many occasions.

How many times did you top fuel before you got to Abuja?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by goodnewscliff(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

That was it.

I didn't pay him Kobo.

which Honda model?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by fineboynl(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

That was it.

I didn't pay him Kobo.

nice one but did you register the car from lagos before you embarked on the journey?

I don’t think i have any friend that can travel to do just that.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by justiniyke29: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
fineboynl:
Let say you saw a car in Abuja, Kaduna, Jos. And it's quite cheaper in there than in your state.

You have made up your mind to travel to buy the car. If you consider the cost to travel and buy who will drive it to your state for you? How much will it cost?

Those this factors reflect the cheapness of this car in the first instance? When they seller removed the plate number do you register immediately in that state before driving it back or you bring it back like that without registration?

I need to know because I am working at something like this to factors everything if it worth it.
Well depends on the distance you would need at least a full tank of fuel, also since it's a Nigerian used car I would recommend servicing there before putting it on the road.
As for the plate number, I believe its better you use the one on the car already and tell the seller you would waybill it to him when you get to your location. Just ensure the papers are up to date and complete, also collect the change of ownership paper duly signed by the owner and you (the seller must be the same person whose name appears on the car papers, you can add his pics for good measure).

Get a friend to drive it down for you or a family member if you have any, if not then negotiate with a driver to drive the vehicle down for you(the price depends on your negotiating power).
Lastly, remember it's a Nigerian used car with unknown spirits and problems worrying it so take it gently on the way home.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by RoadMozart(m): 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
fineboynl:

I'll start with the plate number, when I helped my mum get her jeep in 2020, she used the former plate number but she got an affidavit from the court. You only need an affidavit pending the time you get your own plate number.

Concerning the cheapness of the car, you need a very experienced mechanic and rewire(if its a car with alot of electrical features like benz,vw,etc). You should get a very good expert who knows about scanning error codes in cars. You need to check the VIN,engine and gears, also check for rust underneath the car cos its very important.

About transport, if you can't drive or can't do lomg distance travel, that's why I'm here. I specialize in car delivery and I also have expert drivers with more than 30yrs of experience in the job.

God bless
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by BestTrades: 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2023

To check vin of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Timagex(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Quick question. Who knows how long it will take to drive a car from Kaduna down to ibadan?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
fineboynl:
nice one but did you register the car from lagos before you embarked on the journey?

I don’t think i have any friend that can travel to do just that.

Nah, the registration was still valid at that time.
I had to renew and do change of ownership after it expiration.

You need some very good friends in your life bro.
Loyalty is golden.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
goodnewscliff:
which Honda model?
Accord 2006..
I'm still chilling with it till this day..
Right now, I'm at Royal Lounge, Lokoja.
My Honda is parked in VIPs.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
bonnyhope:

How many times did you top fuel before you got to Abuja?
I topped 5k at NNPC Lokoja.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by fineboynl(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Nah, the registration was still valid at that time.
I had to renew and do change of ownership after it expiration.

You need some very good friends in your life bro.
Loyalty is golden.
what about plate number
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2023
fineboynl:
what about plate number
I'm still using the plates till today.
I did, drivers License, Vehicle licence, Change of Ownership, insurance and tinted permit.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by fineboynl(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

I'm still using the plates till today.

I did, drivers License,
Vehicle licence,
Change of Ownership,
insurance and tinted permit.
so the owner sold yhe car with it plate number to that. So that what I want to know. Most owners don’t sell with plates number.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Kasdat5(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2023
Somes taking a car for from Abuja - Lagos today . I gave him 60k . With empty tank yesterday .
He's already @ Kabba .
*Things calculated
Fueling - 25000
Transport - 20000
Others - 5000

When he's back , we go settle the remain for bar .

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by fineboynl(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kasdat5:
Somes taking a car for from Abuja - Lagos today . I gave him 60k . With empty tank yesterday .
He's already @ Kabba .
*Things calculated
Fueling - 25000
Transport - 20000
Others - 5000

When he's back , we go settle the remain for bar .
20000 for what transport? is he not coming with the car? did you registered the car?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by justiniyke29: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
fineboynl:
20000 for what transport? is he not coming with the car? did you registered the car?
I believe the person is going to deliver the car there and return by public transport.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by fineboynl(m): 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
justiniyke29:

I believe the person is going to deliver the car there and return by public transport.
lol so the person didn't charge him anything. They will only drink and eat when he is back?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Kasdat5(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
fineboynl:

It's a registered car . Transport back to Abuja ( GIGM , GUO , ABC & co ) check their fairs from Lagos to Abj .
He's dropping the car in Lagos .
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by CarGuideNG: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
RoadMozat:

...You need to check the VIN
God bless

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
fineboynl:
so the owner sold yhe car with it plate number to that. So that what I want to know. Most owners don’t sell with plates number.

The seller was relocating to Canada, there's no point removing the plates.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2023
Timagex:
Quick question. Who knows how long it will take to drive a car from Kaduna down to ibadan?

9-10hrs moderate driving.
Anything less is reckless driving
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by dadabashua1(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Accord 2006..

I'm still chilling with it till this day..

Right now, I'm at Royal Lounge, Lokoja.

My Honda is parked in VIPs.
you see that 2006/2007 model accord aka discussion continues,is one of accord's best made sedans,check it's ratings online,it beats alot of cars we worship here,make I no talk too much before they will say I want to start a fight,lol,I also used it and the other one we worship alot,and from my experience ehhhhh I rate it way above the one we worship...hehehehehe,so I believe you bros from experience of that ride that I also have. cheesy
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Timagex(m): 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

9-10hrs moderate driving.
Anything less is reckless driving

Hmmm... Thank you sir
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. by Ofemmanu1: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
dadabashua1:
you see that 2006/2007 model accord aka discussion continues,is one of accord's best made sedans,check it's ratings online,it beats alot of cars we worship here,make I no talk too much before they will say I want to start a fight,lol,I also used it and the other one we worship alot,and from my experience ehhhhh I rate it way above the one we worship...hehehehehe,so I believe you bros from experience of that ride that I also have. cheesy

Mehnn, I don't need no approval from anybody..

My Honda Accord DC is dope..

It takes me everywhere.

I was at a workshop for maintenance today, the mech guy told me I need to get two back shocks at 15k and steering arm/tie rods with inner bearings for 8k .but the beauty of Accord is ; it doesn't stop me from travelling to Gboko and back from Lokoja this weekend.

Honda Accord DC is a sweet ride and it's sweet to drive too.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Does My 2005 Sequoia Not Engage Reverse Gear / I Need Advice On Changing My Benz190 Carburator / New Number Plate Issue. Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.