Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos (438 Views)

Governor Obaseki Mobbed By Market Women Today (Video) / Governor Obaseki Supported By Market Women, Labour Groups, Youths, Others / Market Leaders 'arrested' For Demanding Pvcs In Exchange For Trader Moni Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos by Brush1: 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
It turns out that my mum and I went shopping at the Shomolu market this afternoon. After shopping on a particular lane, we moved on to the next lane to be able to purchase other items left. While on this lane, we ran into an elderly lady, I couldn’t make out her age, according to my mum she should be in her sixties.

She was yelling and requesting that those on that lane we were, must make their PVCs available tomorrow, threatening with severe aggression, that who ever declines her order, should consider his or herself out of that market.

I can’t tell if same is applicable to other markets in Lagos, I am only certain of the market in Shomolu. And in all honesty, the lady wasn’t seen in the previous lane we shopped, so can’t tell if her request is also limited to a single lane. The lady we shopped from, was entirely upset, saying what sort of oppression that was, and that they can’t continue this way.

I don’t know what this is about, just thought I share our experience. I can’t comprehend what this move is about. I don’t know if this is a strategy to prevent these traders from voting, I don’t want to be speculative, but this was our experience just recently, in less than 3 hours back.

What do you all make of this.
Re: Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos by Cholls(m): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Brush1:
It turns out that my mum and I went shopping at the Shomolu market this afternoon. After shopping on a particular lane, we moved on to the next lane to be able to purchase other items left. While on this lane, we ran into an elderly lady, I couldn’t make out her age, according to my mum she should be in her sixties.

She was yelling and requesting that those on that lane we were, must make their PVCs available tomorrow, threatening with severe aggression, that who ever declines her order, should consider his or herself out of that market.

I can’t tell if same is applicable to other markets in Lagos, I am only certain of the market in Shomolu. And in all honesty, the lady wasn’t seen in the previous lane we shopped, so can’t tell if her request is also limited to a single lane. The lady we shopped from, was entirely upset, saying what sort of oppression that was, and that they can’t continue this way.

I don’t know what this is about, just thought I share our experience. I can’t comprehend what this move is about. I don’t know if this is a strategy to prevent these traders from voting, I don’t want to be speculative, but this was our experience just recently, in less than 3 hours back.

my brothers and sisters see this one, Oga you better move on, and mind your business. The landlords of Lagos are taking census. They want to know now many Ipob agents they have mistakingly accommodated. Why will you come to their land to do business and want to overthrow them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos by alanto: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
grin
What is this name of this ibo that has experienced everything in Yorubaland.. if he's not in a market hearing things, he's in a bus hearing things with different monikers.. Igbos and their myopic, mischievous and lying with bare face... Always spreading fake news, yet they can't make good story line in their movies or write good books.. wasted talented comedians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos by Phoen1X: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
alanto:
grin
What is this name of this ibo that has experienced everything in Yorubaland.. if he's not in a market hearing things, he's in a bus hearing things with different monikers.. Igbos and their myopic, mischievous and lying with bare face... Always spreading fake news, yet they can't make good story line in their movies or write good books.. wasted talented comedians
Hubert ogunde laboured for years for almost nothing and the moment igbos arrived,.boom nollywood boom ,..una no dey think deep.

1 Like

Re: Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos by FreeStuffsNG: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Brush1:

Re: Oppression By Market Leaders In Lagos by Jokerman(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Cholls:
my brothers and sisters see this one, Oga you better move on, and mind your business. The landlords of Lagos are taking census. They want to know now many Ipob agents they have mistakingly accommodated. Why will you come to their land to do business and want to overthrow them.

Thief. Ole. You and your masters will be defeated on day. Everyday for the thief

(1) (Reply)

Niger State Election Update / Fintiri Wins, Prolongs The Emergence Of The First Elected Female Gov In Nigeria / Pandora Papers:law Firm Writes CCB, Demand Prosecution Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.