Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) (800 Views)

Oyo Guber Poll: Governor Makinde Knows Fate Today As Tribunal Delivers Judgement / Ibadan Mogajis Query Tinubu’s Interest In Oyo Guber Race / 2019 Oyo Guber Race: Minister Of Communication Gets Buhari’s Nod To Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2023
I'm not from Oyo neither will I vote in Oyo but Oyo guber election is of great importance to me for some reasons best known to me.
Prior to the presidential election,Makinde and his co travellers under the Integrity Group,took a stand on their party presidential flagbearer and vehemently stood their ground on Ayu must go calls. An unforgivable sin of anti party and open display of sabotage and disloyalty to a platform that shot them to limelight. Rather than opting out of the PDP,they choose to stay put, staying aloof on the presidential candidate and holding parallel campaigns.
Now the presidential election is all over and like every process,a winner in Tinubu emerged. The results of Makinde and his fellow G5 performance in the NASS/Presidential election is nothing to write home about save for the 'wicked'Emperor of Rivers who led the rout of opposition parties in his state,affirming his position as the CEO of Rivers.
Emphasis on Oyo PDP performance in the last election.
Atiku did not meet the 25% spread in Oyo and all the three senatorial candidates of PDP lost, an eyesore and unfortunate performance for a party that once one a senatorial seat plus the state at the federal level.
PDP won 5/14 HOR seats.
Makinde's neutrality on the election was Oyo PDP undoing and the rumors of Makinde striking a deal with Tinubu in return for the guber seat and a return to Agodi House is still hanging on Makinde's neck like a bad label.
Despite all this the past remains in the past. It's time to move forward with Makinde steering the ship.
It's no news that the Atiku faction of PDP in Oyo has choosen to serve Makinde a taste of his own medicine by siding with APC's Teslim in full glare of anti party.
Also PDP senatorial and HORs candidates that lost out are still nursing their defeat and have grudges with Makinde inability to play the father figure role as his Rivers state Emperor who delivered 90% of his candidates.
Also the SW caucus of PDP is silent on Oyo PDP. No support whatsoever is given to Oyo ...Makinde is left alone to fight his battles thankfully he wields a strong weapon of having his people behind him giving his stellar leadership. Power belongs to the people but in a contest like this, power of merger and alliance must not be ruled off.
Reasons I want PDP supporting Makinde
1): Ibrahim Tsuari once said"It's better for your enemy in your party to win than your friend in rival party". Makinde erred but he's still PDP guber candidate and as such he should be supported not sabotaged. If one sell out his brother,noone not even the buyer would ever trust him. Two wrong doesn't make a right.
2) Makinde tried all lot in governance. Even his rivals attest to this fact. I'm no praise singer but you wouldn't want to undermine Makinde's performance especially in the area of early payments of salaries and construction of essential infrastructure.
3) PDP shouldn't lose Oyo to APC so as to build a solid base for the party in the SW. Osun currently under PDP flag is liable to change ( Tribunal and court cases) So why help your enemy destroy your house?
PDP should be strategizing on how to make inroad in the west and can't afford to lose one which they currently possess just because of whatever happened at the presidential election.
I rest my case.
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by DriverX: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2023
If the people are on his side, he has nothing to worry about.

Are the people on his side?
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2023
DriverX:
If the people are on his side, he has nothing to worry about.

Are the people on his side?
From what I gathered,He has the people on his side...but my fears rest on the fact that Oyo politics is too tricky and the coalition on which he rode to power in 2019 has collapsed...
Oyo has a thing for not reelecting governors( Only Ajimobi survived).

2 Likes

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Yemike(m): 9:26am On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:

From what I gathered,He has the people on his side...but my fears rest on the fact that Oyo politics is too tricky and the coalition on which he rode to power in 2019 has collapsed...
Oyo has a thing for not reelecting governors( Only Ajimobi survived).
Since I've been witnessing election and governance in Oyo State, I've never seen a governor as loved as Seyi.

He's got Labour Party and a large percentage of Accord Party to his side. Seyi is winning πŸ’―

2 Likes

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 9:30am On Mar 11, 2023
Yemike:

Since I've been witnessing election and governance in Oyo State, I've never seen a governor as loved as Seyi.

He's got Labour Party and a large percentage of Accord Party to his side. Seyi is winning πŸ’―
The LP candidate refuted the endorsement of Makinde by his party.
Even Adelabu of Accord... But some faction of LP/Accord are for Seyi.
I sincerely hope the love of Oyo people sees him through.
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Yemike(m): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:

The LP candidate refuted the endorsement of Makinde by his party.
Even Adelabu of Accord... But some faction of LP/Accord are for Seyi.
I sincerely hope the love of Oyo people sees him through.
It's normal for the candidate to refute it especially Adelabu cuz he's also a frontrunner in this election until his party betrayed him. I'm very sure he'll garner more vote than Tesi before his party decided to join hands with Seyi. Adelabu has got potentials and I hope he'll win come 2027.

Seyi is winning this one.
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 9:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:
I'm not from Oyo neither will I vote in Oyo but Oyo guber election is of great importance to me for some reasons best known to me.
Prior to the presidential election,Makinde and his co travellers under the Integrity Group,took a stand on their party presidential flagbearer and vehemently stood their ground on Ayu must go calls. An unforgivable sin of anti party and open display of sabotage and disloyalty to a platform that shot them to limelight. Rather than opting out of the PDP,they choose to stay put, staying aloof on the presidential candidate and holding parallel campaigns.
Now the presidential election is all over and like every process,a winner in Tinubu emerged. The results of Makinde and his fellow G5 performance in the NASS/Presidential election is nothing to write home about save for the 'wicked'Emperor of Rivers who led the rout of opposition parties in his state,affirming his position as the CEO of Rivers.
Atiku did not meet the 25% spread in Oyo and all the three senatorial candidates of PDP lost, an eyesore and unfortunate performance for a party that once one a senatorial seat plus the state at the federal level.
PDP won 5/14 HOR seats.
Makinde's neutrality on the election was Oyo PDP undoing and the rumors of Makinde striking a deal with Tinubu in return for the guber seat and a return to Agodi House is still hanging on Makinde's neck like a bad label.
Despite all this the past remains in the past. It's time to move forward with Makinde steering the ship.
It's no news that the Atiku faction of PDP in Oyo has choosen to serve Makinde a taste of his own medicine by siding with APC's Teslim in full glare of anti party.
Also PDP senatorial and HORs candidates that lost out are still nursing their defeat and have grudges with Makinde inability to play the father figure role as his Rivers state Emperor who delivered 90% of his candidates.
Also the SW caucus of PDP is silent on Oyo PDP. No support whatsoever is given to Oyo ...Makinde is left alone to fight his battles thankfully he wields a strong weapon of having his people behind him giving his stellar leadership. Power belongs to the people but in a contest like this, power of merger and alliance must not be ruled off.
1): Ibrahim Tsuari once said"It's better for your enemy in your party to win than your friend in rival party". Makinde erred but he's still PDP guber candidate and as such he should be supported not sabotaged. If one sell out his brother,noone not even the buyer would ever trust him. Two wrong doesn't make a right.
2) Makinde tried all lot in governance. Even his rivals attest to this fact. I'm no praise singer but you wouldn't want to undermine Makinde's performance especially in the area of early payments of salaries and construction of essential infrastructure.
3) PDP shouldn't lose Oyo to APC so as to build a solid base for the party in the SW. Osun currently under PDP flag is liable to change ( Tribunal and court cases) So why help your enemy destroy your house?
PDP should be strategizing on how to make inroad in the west and can't afford to lose one which they currently possess just because of whatever happened at the presidential election.
I rest my case.
talk to gsm to unite Pdp in oyo state. No one want a party destroyer seyi

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
The election has come and gone.
Makinde acted 'wrongly' politics wise but to what gain is it if you destroy the house you laboured to build just because of revenge?
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:

Seyi lekan sii,Atiku and Adeleke ma lule nii court lekan siicheesygrin
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Olaoluwa122: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2023
Am in OYO Seyi is definitely winning...

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
haffaze777:

Seyi lekan sii,Atiku and Adeleke ma lule nii court lekan siicheesygrin
urchin, stop living in your deluded State mind here. GSM should unite the aggrieved Pdp leaders and members in oyo state

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:

The election has come and gone.
Makinde acted 'wrongly' politics wise but to what gain is it if you destroy the house you laboured to build just because of revenge?
this same gsm collapse the part in oyo state that was well structured for him to win in 2019. Re-electing gsm will further destroy oyo state Pdp more. No one is buying to that

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
this same gsm collapse the part in oyo state that was well structured for him to win in 2019. Re-electing gsm will further destroy oyo state Pdp more. No one is buying to that
So you want APC to win?
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:

So you want APC to win?
stop asking me questions, gsm should reunite the Pdp in the state and stop the hatred to Pdp to make you won in 2019. Is that not wickedness of the highest order?

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 10:36am On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
stop asking me questions, gsm should reunite the Pdp in the state and stop the hatred to Pdp to make you won in 2019. Is that not wickedness of the highest order?
What's Makinde crime?
Throwing the baby and the bath water is not being wise... Whatever grievances arising from/before the NASS election, should be swallowed in the interest of the party.
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Parachoko: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:
PDP won 5/14 HOR seats.
I rest my case.
If you are Atiku, will you work for or against Makinde?

Do you even know Atiku didn't have up to 25% of the vote in Oyo State?
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
urchin, stop living in your deluded State mind here. GSM should unite the aggrieved Pdp leaders and members in oyo state

E pain didirin die,tell your Atikulooter to stop seyi if he can.
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by Aiel123: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2023
Parachoko:
If you are Atiku, will you work for or against Makinde?

Do you even know Atiku didn't have up to 25% of the vote in Oyo State?
Before the presidential election,I was of the opinion that all those sharing allegiances with the Integrity Group should be axed and shown the way out. This was my stand.
But after the elections,I have come to realize that we need everyone on board if we must wrestle back power in 2027... So in answer to your question,I believe I will fare better siding Makinde than being against him.
The fate of PDP lies on their performance on the coming guber elections... They must fight like a wounded lion. Afterall what does Oyo PDP stand to gain if Tessy wins,an arch rivals?
I see this beyond Atiku rather as a fight to save the soul of PDP.
Abia and the SE are bound to fall for LP... Don't you think it's suicidal to lose Oyo ( currently flying PDP banner) just because of payback?
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
haffaze777:

E pain didirin die,tell your Atikulooter to stop seyi if he can.
urchin, keep on wailing 😝😝😝😝😝😝

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by 0m0luabi: 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
Aiel123:
PDP won 5/14 HOR seats.
I rest my case.
this will not work! all those pdp senatorial and house of reps candidate that lost their election as a result of makinde stupidity and his blind love for wike personal selfish interests will pay him back by working against him,you can say all you want on nairaland but it won't change those people mind because they beg makinde to support the party that brought him to power but he refused those guys control their senatorial districts and they will definitely work against makinde openly and nothing will happen let them scatter everything and rebuild it from the scratch badiye badamilogun nun mafoleyin

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
urchin, keep on wailing 😝😝😝😝😝😝

Atiku ti lule pii lekan sii🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
haffaze777:

Atiku ti lule pii lekan sii🀣🀣🀣🀣
you just have to keep wailing till the end of life. It’s your job keep wailing 🀩🀩🀩🀩

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
you just have to keep wailing till the end of life. It’s your job keep wailing 🀩🀩🀩🀩

Tinubu don turn you to failure 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
haffaze777:

Tinubu don turn you to failure 🀣🀣🀣🀣
the clueless drug baron Tinubu doesn’t have nothing absolute nothing to offer. Drug baron Tinubu is never my President. God forbid bat thing

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
the clueless drug baron Tinubu doesn’t have nothing absolute nothing to offer. Drug baron Tinubu is never my President. God forbid bat thing

You will have to relocate to gambia or kill yourself because Tinubu won't only rule you,he will rule your entire family🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
haffaze777:

You will have to relocate to gambia or kill yourself because Tinubu won't only rule you,he will rule your entire family🀣🀣🀣🀣
Godforbid bat thing πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
Godforbid bat thing πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

You only have two option

1 japa go Gambia

2 drink poison because Tinubu will rule naija for good 8years.

1 Like

Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by godoluwa(m): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
Olaoluwa122:
Am in OYO Seyi is definitely winning...

Impossibility is nothing but;

βœ“ Seyi worked against PDP Senators & HOR members so they will definitely work for his downfall too

βœ“ Seyi destroyed PDP In Oyo state by hijacking the party from founding members & tell them to go to hell

βœ“ Seyi turned himself into emperor & all local government chairmen are just errand boy to him

βœ“ Seyi tells lies a lot, doing substandard projects at highly over inflated rates

βœ“ Seyi gave free hand to thugs, & these thug intimidate law abiding citizens anyhow. These thugs have killed innocent citizen under Seyi nose but till today, no arrest was made even with very glaring evidence. The same thugs moves around now threatening business owners that if they refused to vote Seyi, their business places in terms of office/shop will be demolished

βœ“ Many roads that needs attention were abandoned by the government, forget all social media hype because they are lies

βœ“ Politics is local, Seyi prefers to take all the glory by crediting projects done with local government funds e.g PHC renovations to himself

βœ“ Party members, common man harassed by Seyi thug are angry with Seyi
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
haffaze777:

You only have two option

1 japa go Gambia

2 drink poison because Tinubu will rule naija for good 8years.
Na Mumu you be. Keep on wailing joor πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by haffaze777(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
press9jatv:
Na Mumu you be. Keep on wailing joor πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“

I enjoy your tears
Re: OYO GUBER: PDP Should Rally Round Makinde(opinion) by press9jatv: 6:02am On Mar 12, 2023
haffaze777:

I enjoy your tears
who dey run from one post to another? You don’t have peace of mind at all . Drug baron Tinubu is never my President. Godforbid bat thing. GSM is a goner

(1) (Reply)

Imagine Someone Who Can't Speak Yoruba Fluently but Want To Govern Lagos State. / US LAWYER BRUCE DELVALLE PITCH ON WHY THE WORLD SHOULD NOT ABANDON NIGERIA. / Niger Republic People Will Defend Me If Nigerians Disturb Me – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.