Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go (3959 Views)

Why Igbos Succeed In Business Globally / Reasons Why Igbos Hate Tinubu / Why Igbos Should Forget About 2023 Presidency – Uwazuruike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by emmybobo1: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
totit:
The word ' Business ' has been abused, vandalized, and insulted one would want to believe or think the Americans, the Europeans, and the Chinese don't do business yet the majority of these people are not all about " Buying and Selling ' but the economy and numbers of billionaires are often at the Top in the world.

I think the word ' Business " has just been raped here, to say the least. grin
No west trade more than us. The US trade volume is in tens of billions dollars.
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by Liftkid(m): 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

There is no prowess and nothing to downplay
I live outside Nigeria and people always tell me how boastful Nigerians are.
This is largely Ibos and it is embarrassing
There is nothing to celebrate. The country is a shithole and Ibo land is the shittiest . Ibos are empty boasters and very obnoxious
The title of this thread is in bad taste but I don't expect you to get it
If there is any prowess let your work speak for you
It remains my right to choose which thread to comment on

Why telling us you live outside the country? What should we do with the information? If criticizing Igbo gives you orgasm, then enjoy it, but an average Igbo man lives better than you.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by omonnakoda: 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
Liftkid:

Why telling us you live outside the country? What should we do with the information? If criticizing Igbo gives you orgasm, then enjoy it, but an average Igbo man lives better than you.
Shove it up your mother's ass,it is quite roomy
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
franchasofficia:
Hausas no longer control FOREX like before since the advent of Fintech and other tech solutions.

This is my field. Your big Hausa Bureau De Change people now come to us. You seem outdated and out of touch with the current reality of businesses in Nigeria. You are just relying on what your grandpa told you in the 80s, this guy self cheesy

Mr man that is not true.

The hausas control forex, they hold most of the physical dollars in Nigeria.

Your fintech goes to them not you to them.

You need marker maker right in your app, hausas have the liquidity
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by emmybobo1: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
1x2x3:
The only reason they succeed is their adequate knowledge for the business they start.

A child who starts boy-boy (apprenticeship) at the age of 10 would have acquired 15 years of experience by the time he turns 25.

That's 15 years of experience learning. Complete preparedness!!! Why won't the chances of success be high when he/she has learned so much about the business before starting up?
A good point though. Not those children crying above me
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by franchasofficia: 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Mr man that is not true.

The hausas control forex, they hold most of the physical dollars in Nigeria.

Your fintech goes to them not you to them.

You need marker maker right in your app, hausas have the liquidity
lol, but when the same Hausas wants to move money abroad, they come to us. What else do I need hard currency for if not to settle foreign transactions?

What do Nigerians need FX for if not to settle foreign transactions?

Yes you are right that they hold bulk of the physical hard currency, but when it is time to move that physical FOREX abroad, they now come to us.

The dynamics have changed and still changing.

I won't go further than this bro
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by emmybobo1: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

If we have to ask people it is a lie

Tell us one thing we buy daily from Nnewi is it Omo ,indomie ,Gala or what?
Stop the hype
Different Nigerians have areas they make their money. Igbos are good at container and warehouse.Yoruba are good at cerebral things like Insurance,IT,Banking,Finance,Consulting and Legal.Hausa are good in agriculture
Make we hear word.
Which IT firm in Yoruba land is bigger than zinox in terms of value delivery .
This companies are not into container biz:

Emzor
Juhel
Zinox
ABC industries maker of tommy tommy and other products
GUO transport and logistics
GIG transport and logsitcs
Peace transport
Airpeace
Innoson motors
Innoson plastics
Smile communication
Oilserve
Nextoil
Oranto oil e$p
Tonimax
Coscharis
Apams
Ibeto
Polons Agro
ABC transport
Hospitality business in Abuja is Igbo dominated
There many cottage industries that serve southeast that I don’t have to mention because they are many
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by YorubaSamurai: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
We see the way they succeed in India and Cambodia grin
Bloody animal tribe of criminals cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
franchasofficia:
lol, but when the same Hausas wants to move money abroad, they come to us. What else do I need hard currency for if not to settle foreign transactions?

What do Nigeriand need FX for if not to settle foreign transactions?

Yes you are right that they hold bulk of the physical hard currency, but when it is time to move that physical FOREX abroad, they now come to us.

The dynamics have changed and still changing.

I won't go further than this bro

They source dollar from everywhere and hoard it, if an economic crisis happens, you will go out of business because you have no liquidity while they stand in one corner selling dollars.

Btw, sending dollars isnt nothing, most people on your app, source dollars from them and then create virtual card and send dollars to the virtual card.

I am even doubting if you know your so called business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by omonnakoda: 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
emmybobo1:

Which IT firm in Yoruba land is bigger than zinox in terms of value delivery
Define value delivery?
Value to whom?
Where is Zinox based by the way?
Mgbidi?
Have you stopped claiming to be rich living the life of Riley from your poxy little flat?
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by omonnakoda: 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

They source dollar from everywhere and hoard it, if an economic crisis happens, you will go out of business because you have no liquidity while they stand in one corner selling dollars.

Btw, sending dollars isnt nothing, most people on your app, source dollars from them and then create virtual card and send dollars to the virtual card.

Don't argue with fools
Empty boasting and stupid lies is their signature
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by Neckpresser101: 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Moh247:
grin

I no mention name oo

Funding source for capital...

Drug proceed
Prostitution ring proceed
Baby Factory
Rituals at shrines

Products sales

Chinese substandard goods bought cheap sold high.
Used goods in UK and Europe sourced from trash sold as second hand
ABA made fake products

Source of Labour

Child labour
Ngwa boy boy
Child apprenticeship without pay

Some legit Jobs in the sophisticated saints of the south

Kettle calling pot black

Tufiakwa! kiss

Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by YorubaSamurai: 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Them finish op for him thread grin grin grin
ukaface and Truthdeypain come and see oo grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by Oscarhakx: 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Your mother will shut up
Permanently
She will die of snake bite
aah! I don win this one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by a4cube: 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
christistruth01:

In the UK the Igbos are not bad but the Yorubas are better at Business
I keep wondering why that is considering that the Igbos are supposed to be more commercial oriented
Perhaps because of the much Patience needed or Business rules everyone must obey
I don't know
mention the business dominated by the yorubas in UK?
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by a4cube: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Na slow Nigerian business dey sorce dollar from aboki. Dude most Igbo business don't get forex through aboki.
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by ElSudani: 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
franchasofficia:
This daring spirit of the Igbo man pushes the Igbo man to explore the world and reach where most others refuse to go, and in the process he discovers business opportunities that others haven't even heard of and then he starts to export and import these ideas into Nigeria and other countries, which gives him an edge over others.

For instance, an average Yoruba man hates traveling to underdeveloped or any country or region he believes is poor. Yorubas mostly migrate to fertile communities with massive development where they can enrol in formal education, acquire degrees and certificates and use it to secure a formal job that pays him steady monthly salary.

This is why you see many Yorubas in UK, US, etc. You hardly see Yorubas in poor countries in Africa, Asia, South America, etc because they don't have the patience to start small business or trade from scratch by supporting the poor local communities with trade till they grow after several years.

Yorubas prefer countries with already established and working environment where they can easily succeed through white collar job or easy business startup.

It is only recently that you will see Yorubas migrating to poor and underdeveloped countries, maybe as opportunities are dropping all over the world, thereby making migration to developed countries more competitive and difficult, maybe this could be the reason Yorubas of today started exploring poor undeveloped countries unlike in the past.

Bull crap. A Yoruba guy in south Africa is running million dollars retail business. Serving the community, providing employment and making legitimate money there.
No noise, no hype. If he was Ibo, by now he will be telling us how business was encoded in his DNA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nodU6jz4dhY
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
a4cube:
Na slow Nigerian business dey sorce dollar from aboki. Dude most Igbo business don't get forex through aboki.

That is not true. The people that source forex from aboki the most are importers, of which igbo people are among
Re: This Is Why Igbos Succeed In Business Wherever They Go by omonnakoda: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

That is not true. The people that source forex from aboki the most are importers, of which igbo people are among
The most?
How do you know this?
How much do they source in a year? for you to know who is sourcing the most?
You just made that up
All kinds of people source dollars
Students
Pilgrims
Criminals
Politicians
Etc
You just do not have that information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Africa Have Nuclear Weapons? / Ogun State Governor, Chief Gbenga Daniel, Poisoned / FG Recovers N5.6bn Embezzled By Sani Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.