Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,787 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Is GRV Right For Lagos State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is GRV Right For Lagos State? (894 Views)

Where Is GRV Now? / Is GRV Using "Charms" And “AMU"-LETS? / Who Is GRV Of LP Deputy Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2023
I have read what he plans to do in the first 100 days in office as governor of lagos state and some of his plans seems unrealistic., they might literally cause chaos, create uncertainty in lagos state.

To be realistic, we need a governor in lagos state that has practical and realistic policies for Lagos state.

In my opinion, GRV is more interested in destroying the legacy of the APC, rather than actually developing lagos state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by 40Bullets: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lol...the fact is nobody cares about "APC Legacy".

Though, GRV is miles ahead of Sanwo-olu.

March 18,2023 is a day of Judgement and Sanwo-olu is Tinubu's scapegoat

This is not a time to compare manifestoes.Sanwo-olu was invited to debates which he arrogantly declined.

Lagosians are set to liberate Lagos.
It'd be ellu P top to bottom

9 Likes

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
40Bullets:

Actually they do have legacies, like railways and infrastructures they have built.

The simplest way to failure as a governor is vengeance, you will be obsessed with it rather than actually governing the state.

Why destroy when you can continue to build.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by jmoore(m): 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Actually they do have legacies, like railways and infrastructures they have built.

The simplest way to failure as a governor is vengeance, you will be obsessed with it rather than actually governing the state.

Can you show me where GRV said he will destroy railways?

5 Likes

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
jmoore:

Can you show me where GRV said he will destroy railways?

Isnt he saying he wants to create a new bid for the rail way without considering the fact that there are penalties if he goes against the contract.

Why sabotage progress??

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by jmoore(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Isnt he saying he wants to create a new bid for the rail way without considering the fact that there are penalties if he goes against the contract.

Why sabotage progress??
How can one cancel a project that has been implemented?

Do you know the meaning of legacy? How can a project that has not been implemented be part of a legacy?

4 Likes

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Jimiyung(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
Doherty is above him in everything but you cannot convince hollow objects.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
He also wants to destroy the toll gates.

Why waste tax payers money on destruction?

How will the road maintain itself?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Jimiyung(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2023
Ahead in what exactly?
40Bullets:

This is not a time to compare manifestoes.Sanwo-olu was invited to debates which he arrogantly declined.

Lagosians are set to liberate Lagos.
It'd be ellu P top to bottom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by 40Bullets: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
Unfortunately, we've gone past this stage.
Sanwo-olu and APC scorned Lagosians and took all Lagosians for granted.

This same LASG fought FOI in Lagos.

Besides, The middle-class(not financial but the enlightened) in Lagos are not stupid.
We are not moved by the narrative of agberos or the lies about Lagos on TV which the likes of Shettima who never lived in Lagos parrots about

thebosstrevor1:

2 Likes

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
jmoore:

How can one cancel a project that has been implemented?

Do you know the meaning of legacy? How can a project that has not been implemented be part of a legacy?

The railways tracks and stations are already been built, atleast some section have been finished and there are still ongoing construction in some areas.

That is a legacy the state governor will be leaving behind

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
40Bullets:
Unfortunately, we've gone past this stage.
Sanwo-olu and APC scorned Lagosians and took all Lagosians for granted.

This same LASG fought FOI in Lagos.

Besides, The middle-class(not financial but the enlightened) in Lagos are not stupid.
We are not moved by the narrative of agberos or the lies about Lagos on TV which the likes of Shettima who never lived in Lagos parrots about

What has freedom of information bill has to do with infrastructure?

Is signing a freedom of information bill a legacy or something of importance??

On the issues of agbero, In my opinion, agberos are members of the national union of transportation and they collect tax from bus and motor cyclists to be remitted to the government,

If you decide to sack them send them to the streets without jobs, wont crime increase?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Wodu89: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
I have read what he plans to do in the first 100 days in office as governor of lagos state and some of his plans seems unrealistic., they might literally cause chaos, create uncertainty in lagos state.

To be realistic, we need a governor in lagos state that has practical and realistic policies for Lagos state.

In my opinion, GRV is more interested in destroying the legacy of the APC, rather than actually developing lagos state.

You sound dull and typically stvpi.

Some of his plans unrealistic. You want fellow dullards like you to swallow your hate pill hook line and sinker.

Why not state the unrealistic plans and let people decide themselves. Ode

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Moh247: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

The railways tracks and stations are already been built, atleast some section have been finished and there are still ongoing construction in some areas.

That is a legacy the state governor will be leaving behind

He knows nothing about Public Private Partnership....

Chinese that funded and gave counterpart funding in Lagos rail, Lekki Ikoyi road and bridge signing contract for renumeration through toll and management would just be laughing at Chinedu's stupidity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nwaetche(m): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
The new bid would even force the current chinese contrators to renogotiate the amount of money they are currently charging which is humongouse compared wiyth world bank baseline.

GRV is good for Lagos.

thebosstrevor1:

Why sabotage progress??

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Wodu89:

You sound dull and typically stvpi.

Some of his plans unrealistic. You want fellow dullards like you to swallow your hate pill hook line and sinker.

Why not state the unrealistic plans and let people decide themselves. Ode

Tell me one plan that is realistic oponu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Jostoman: 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Moh247:

What's your father's state of origin
na the guy get time to dey answer you and other orchin

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Wodu89: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Tell me one plan that is realistic oponu?

See this fool. I'm not a mind reader to know your full hypocrisy. Why not state something that can be chewed on besides don't vote for me cause his plans are unrealistic. Tribal full tainting information with ethnic bias.

Get lost to infinity

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by onatisi(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
All I know is that Lagos State is long overdue for political change . It is just sad that the change may happen at the time of a good person sanwo Olu but such is life .

2 Likes

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nwaetche:
The new bid would even force the current chinese contrators to renogotiate the amount of money they are currently charging which is humongouse compared wiyth world bank baseline.

GRV is good for Lagos.

Really! That also means, tax payers will pay heavily for penalties of going against the contract

Also that means stagnation of the project

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
Wodu89:

See this fool. I'm not a mind reader to know your full hypocrisy. Why not state something that can be chewed on besides don't vote for me cause his plans are unrealistic. Tribal full tainting information with ethnic bias.

Get lost to infinity

Go and eat chin chin or something, grown ups are having a discussion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by 40Bullets: 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2023
I'm surprised you asked @the bolded
I'd pretend I didn't see that.

Reconsider, you defense of Agberos my brother. I know you are too intelligent to canvass this position except you believe that's the best way to go about tax collection.

Remember, the same LASG banned Okada riders and never thought about a possible increase in crime rate.

thebosstrevor1:

What has freedom of information bill has to do with infrastructure
?

Is signing a freedom of information bill a legacy?

In my opinion, agberos are members of the national union of transportation and they collect tax from bus and motor cyclists.

If you send them to the streets without jobs, wont crime increase?

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Wodu89: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Go and eat chin chin or something, grown ups are having a discussion

Yawns. Says the full who is sly but stvpid while at it.
Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by kcnwaigbo: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
Jimiyung:
Doherty is above him in everything but you cannot convince hollow objects.
Then campaign for Doherty

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
40Bullets:
I'm surprised you asked @the bolded
I'd pretend I didn't see that.

Reconsider, you defense of Agberos my brother. I know you are too intelligent to canvass this position except you believe that's the best way to go about tax collection.

Remember, the same LASG banned Okada riders and never thought about a possible increase in crime rate.

I am asking you, tell me so that i can know.

Whattl is more important infrastructures to make life easier or FOI?

My stances on agbero still remains.

The ban on okada riders was a necessary step into something good.

Many of the okada owners have left for another city but you see agbero, if that is banned, crime and violence will increase
Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by amliftedhigher: 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Labour Party ti take over Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Labour Party ti take over Lagos state

I wannt continuity of government and not some populist movement trying to destroy what have been built

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by flokii: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2023
The way Lagos will crumble within 1 year should that hateful okoro win ehnn.. even the omo ales shouting Eluu P upandan will marvel.

That is one risk we are not willing to take.

Show me a state that is performing better than Lagos and I will bring out all the facts about their allocations and finances to campare and contrast with Lagos own... Is it Delta that Okowa has plundered into debt you will compare Lagos with or Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
Another annoying thing is that, GRV wants to create monuments for Endsar people with tax payers money. This is absurd

who will create monuments for the police that were killed, the buses that were burnt and the businesses that were destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by 40Bullets: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2023
I don't intend to think for you but I expect you to see the effect of transparency in the execution of projects.

It's just like saying you built a 1km road for 20x the cost and you say you built a road.Don't you know the level of development that you could have achieved with the same resources?
That's about 20km of roads instead of one.

As per the Agberos please stop defending them.I don't want to see you as retrogressive.
To help you a little.
Imagine,if Victor Osimhen who sold petty things on the road at Ojota whilst he was a student ended up becoming an agbero.Just imagine.

Do you know how many Agberos would have become world class boxers, athletes (like Amusan), footballers,or even tax consultants(like Fowler)?

Tinubu and APC are destroying the future of many of these young guys and making Agberoism lucrative.

Tell me why a kid in primary school won't want to be an agbero when he compares MC Oluomo and the headmaster in their school?

thebosstrevor1:

I am asking you, tell me so that i can know.

Whattl is more important infrastructures to make life easier or FOI?

My stances on agbero still remains.

The ban on okada riders was a necessary step into something good.

Many of the okada owners have left for another city but you see agbero, if that is banned, crime and violence will increase
Re: Is GRV Right For Lagos State? by babytoun: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
He also wants to destroy the toll gates.

Why waste tax payers money on destruction?

How will the road maintain itself?

The destruction of that toll gate is long overdue..

That is the biggest project against the good people of lagos since 1999...

Just how can a govt add 1 lane to an existing 2 lane road and toll it for life ? For how many kilometers ?

What useless investors are they talking about ?

For a state that is boasting about 50bn monthly IGR is that too much cost to bear for the segment of lagos that contibutes the most tax ?

The criminals even had the audacity to place another toll gate after chevron

(1) (2) (Reply)

Team Tinubu In Washington DC To Shred Oppositions' Lies - Bayo Onanuga / Biafra Provincial Map / BREAKNEWS Lt. Col Nurudeen Alowonle Yusuf Has Been Chosen As ADC To JANGABAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.