Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts (979 Views)

Wema Bank Organizes Virtual Hackaholics 2.0 To Boost Start-ups & Fintechs / Gtbank, Flutterwave, Now Paystack. Why Are Fintechs Dying To Play In E-commerce / Blog With Nigeria Adsense For Sale (link) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
So I have this client I have been working with on a freelance platform for sometime and I have been receiving payments on my geegpay usd ACH account.

Recently he decided that we move outside the freelance platform because we needed close communication as the project had the prospective of turning to a full time role and he discovered the platform took 20% of whatever he paid me.

So on the 24th of February 2023, he made a payment to my USD ACH geegpay account but I did not receive the money. After sometime I contacted geegpay support and provided a screenshot of the transaction but they claimed that the money did not get to them. I told my client about my experience and told him to cross check with his bank about the transaction and he claimed that his bank sent it.

So I lost confidence on geegpay and moved to grey.co and got a foreign usd account that can support local and international WIRE transfers.
My client made a wire transfer to me with the account that was given to me by grey on the 6th of this month and I still didn't receive the money. I complained to grey and I was told stories. So grey told to an evidence of the transaction and requested same from my client and I provided the evidence to grey but I still have not heard from them.
The people I am working with are not happy about the fact that I claim not to be receiving the money they sent to me. It screams "dishonesty" on my part and they have lost confidence in me and have vowed to only pay me through the freelancing platform which will continue to cut 20% of my money.

So yesterday I found out that the bank which grey gave me their USD account number from have folded.
I don't know if this is why I didn't get the money.

So guys have any of you received money on your usd account from grey or geegpay outside freelancing platforms?
Has anyone here had my type of experience?

I wanted to go get a domiciliary account which is almost same as the virtual accounts issued by grey but with my recent experience I think that US banks are having issues approving transactions to to Nigerian accounts.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by RESHARPENED: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2023
Don't even think about using a domiciliary account. That's a 100 times worse. Financial institutions in Nigeria are riddled with incompetence, criminality and fraudulence.

The Fintechs are not much better.

You want to keep your foreign earnings as far away from them as possible. Plus if you make the mistake of opening a domiciliary account, you'll have to jump through needless hoops just to get a fraction of your money.

You stress to make money. You stress more to withdraw your money.

Avoid anything that'll cause you to have foreign exchange dealings with a Nigerian institution. Be it banks or Fintechs.

On that note, here's a better solution to your problem:

1. Get an international passport/driver's license if you don't have one.

2. Open a wise account.

3. Open a crypto . Com account.

3. Open a binance account.

4. Use your wise account to receive payments.

5. Transfer the payment to your crypto . Com account.

6. On crypto . Com, buy a coin with low gas fee.

7. Transfer the coin to binance.

8. Sell/exchange the coin for usdt/busd on binance.

9. Use P2P to withdraw your money to Naira.

10. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
RESHARPENED:
Don't even think about using a domiciliary account. That's a 100 times worse. Financial institutions in Nigeria are riddled with incompetence, criminality and fraudulence.

You want to keep your foreign earnings as far away from them as possible. Plus if you make the mistake of opening a domiciliary account, you'll have to jump through needless hoops just to get a fraction of your money.

Avoid anything that'll cause you to have foreign exchange dealings with a Nigerian institution. Be it banks or Fintechs.

2. Open a wise account.

10. Enjoy.

Thanks boss. I really appreciate. The project I am working with is a crypto based startup and they initially wanted to pay me in crypto but I refused because I don't know how to go about withdrawing the money at a good exchange rate. Your advice have been valuable.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ashawopikin(m): 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2023
RESHARPENED:

2. Open a wise account.

10. Enjoy.

the stress no be here, but this seems to be the best option now, i tire for this country

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:09am On Mar 12, 2023
RESHARPENED:

2. Open a wise account.

10. Enjoy.

At the current black market exchange rate let's say I received $2000. If I go through these processes how much can I get in naira?
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by RESHARPENED: 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
ExplorerReturns:

At the current black market exchange rate let's say I received $2000. If I go through these processes how much can I get in naira?

You shouldn't be charged more than $20-35 on that transaction.

If you need any assistance with any part of the process, let me know.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by studentofTruth: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
RESHARPENED:

2. Open a wise account.

10. Enjoy.

Bro I sent you a Dm. Please respond. Thank you.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by studentofTruth: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
RESHARPENED:

You shouldn't be charged more than $20-35 on that transaction.

If you need any assistance with any part of the process, let me know.

Please, when last did you use that service?

When last did you send EUR from Wise to Crypto.com via SEPA? Mine stopped working on January 22nd. I want to know if it is a general problem.

(1) (Reply)

Hi Nl,pls Help Me Wit D Name Of D 2nd Nigerian 2 Pass D Ccie Exams.anybody Knows? / Mobile Numbers Database For Sale / A Helicopter Controlled Mentally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.