Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast (1088 Views)

Joke When People Say Kano votes Is Bigger Than Southeast, See 2011 Presidential / Fact Check: Does 1 LGA In Kano State Has More Voting Power Than Southeast? / Southwest Voted For PDP More Than Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by Chimok: 8:23am On Mar 12, 2023
Yorubas seem to be more tribalistic when it comes to chosen the number one citizen(president) of this nation. Majority of Yorubas not all if I might put it that way.

The recent presidential election buttressed that fact. There is no doubt Obi is the better candidate among the trio of Tinubu, Atiku and Obi but yet, due to ethnicism u have many Yorubas rooting for Tinubu simply on tribal considerations than credibility.

Funny enough, the whole country including the Yorubas suffer the primitive decision. As they say, there is no market, better hospital, roads, cheaper petroleum products etc exclusively for a particular tribe over another, We all collectively suffer any premordial decision anchored on tribal or sectional sentiments.

I have been to Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Ogun, Oyo and I found that the level and rate of suffering there is far alarming than what one finds in the southeast - Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu. The only places in the southwest you find any semblance of moderate economic activities with moderate living conditions are only in the state capitals of Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan. There are terrible slums littered all over Oshogbo and Ado Ekiti especially those areas that have high concentrations of Yorubas.

This brings me to the question, what are these Yoruba politicians doing with the resources of these southwestern states. In the southeast a state like Anambra, where you will find slums are in the urban areas like Onitsha, mostly where you have concentration of non indigenes. When you go to the semi-urban areas and villages you will find significant economic activities with decent living conditions among the people.

This piece Iis not targetted as insult but factual findings that should encourage youths of Yoruba and southwest to thinkover because they are the ones that can hold these Yoruba leaders who have always set them up ethnically for their selfish agenda.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:25am On Mar 12, 2023
No be lie.

Can you people now stay put in your eldorado instead of seeking greener pastures outside your region. Awon bullonaires dem

Hian

11 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by JASONjnr(m): 8:28am On Mar 12, 2023
Igbos and Yorubas should just marry each other biko....

The beef is long overdue!!!

We need another tribes like Hausa and Fulani beef...
Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:30am On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:
Igbos and Yorubas should just marry each other biko....

The beef is long overdue!!!

We need another tribes like Hausa and Fulani beef...

Let those uncultured kids continue to be running their mouth.

Na when other Southern regions build a big wall to curb the excessive of some people before dema eyes go clear

7 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by AskProf: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:
No be lie.

Can you people now stay put in your eldorado instead of seeking greener pastures outside your region. Awon bullonaires dem

Hian

How many times did you fail TOEFL that you find solace in urchinisn?

3 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by JASONjnr(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

Na when other Southern regions build a big wall to curb the excessive of some people before dema eyes go clear

Lol, you're intimidated by their prowess....

Igbos are your nightmare!

Noticed that Yorubas are the ones complaining about them...

From them occupying your lands to marrying your sisters, to taking over your businesses and so on...

4 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:34am On Mar 12, 2023
AskProf:

How many times did you fail TOEFL that you find solace in urchinisn?

Imagine the kind of negative energy this one surround himself to on Sunday morning.

Don't forget that your brother and sisters failed that TOEFL more than me. Reason why you were rejected from taking the exam.

You need to embrace some without sliding tackle comments all the time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:35am On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

From them occupying your lands to marrying your sisters, to taking over your businesses and so on...

Hahahahaha, dema Finidi wey always get starting but no finishing.

Na empty barrel dey make noise pass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by JASONjnr(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

Hahahahaha, dema Finidi wey always get starting but no finishing.

Na empty barrel dey make noise pass

My point exactly.... You're the loudest!

4 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by TossTos: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2023
No lies , there's suffering in the land ..
Everyone is living from hand to mouth hoping things will be fine as soon as possible...

3 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:37am On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

My point exactly.... You're the loudest!

3 out of 5 highest political positions in the land while dey no even get quarter not to talk of 1 position.

As you can see , we are the loudest in getting things done not the Apere Ajashe's

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by Midastorch(m): 8:39am On Mar 12, 2023
Chimok:
Yorubas seem to be more tribalistic when it comes to chosen the number one citizen(president) of this nation. Majority of Yorubas not all if I might put it that way.

The recent presidential election buttressed that fact. There is no doubt Obi is the better candidate among the trio of Tinubu, Atiku and Obi but yet, due to ethnicism u have many Yorubas rooting for Tinubu simply on tribal considerations than credibility.

Funny enough, the whole country including the Yorubas suffer the primitive decision. As they say, there is no market, better hospital, roads, cheaper petroleum products etc exclusively for a particular tribe over another, We all collectively suffer any premordial decision anchored on tribal or sectional sentiments.

I have been to Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Ogun, Oyo and I found that the level and rate of suffering there is far alarming than what one finds in the southeast - Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu. The only places in the southwest you find any semblance of moderate economic activities with moderate living conditions are only in the state capitals of Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan. There are terrible slums littered all over Oshogbo and Ado Ekiti especially those areas that have high concentrations of Yorubas.

This brings me to the question, what are these Yoruba politicians doing with the resources of these southwestern states. In the southeast a state like Anambra, where you will find slums are in the urban areas like Onitsha, mostly where you have concentration of non indigenes. When you go to the semi-urban areas and villages you will find significant economic activities with decent living conditions among the people.

This piece Iis not targetted as insult but factual findings that should encourage youths of Yoruba and southwest to thinkover because they are the ones that can hold these Yoruba leaders who have always set them up ethnically for their selfish agenda.

Lmfaooooo.. The only thing Owerri has more than SW state Capitals are hotels... Owerri lacks basic amenities like good roads, Good Govt hospitals e. t c.. Owerri only has fine hotels for Ashawo to do their business.. As for Awka, there are only two major roads in the miserable city... The Enugu Onitsha Express and Zik Avenue.... Nnewi their revere economic hub is filled with gullies... Ndiala.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:41am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

Have you forgotten that you idiots also hates people from all other ethnic groups?

You Yoruba's only love yourselves and no other people.

Stop deceiving yourself, You hate Rivers people, Akwaibom, Delta, Crossrivet etc and you call them all Igbo's.

Shame on you Agbo sellers. That's the only thing Yoruba's sell outside Yoruba land.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by JASONjnr(m): 8:42am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

3 out of 5 highest political positions in the land while dey no even get quarter not to talk of 1 position.

As you can see , we are the loudest in getting things done not the Apere Ajashe's

You're right....👍

Getting things done the wrong way to favour your selfish self ...

1 Like

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:42am On Mar 12, 2023
Midastorch:

Lmfaooooo.. The only thing Owerri has more than SW state Capitals are hotels... Owerri lacks basic amenities like good roads, Good Govt hospitals e. t c.. Owerri only has fine hotels for Ashawo to do their business.. As for Awka, there are only two major roads in the miserable city... The Enugu Onitsha Express and Zik Avenue.... Nnewi their revere economic hub is filled with gullies... Ndiala.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Avoid Tom and dick measuring with those kids.

I am yet to know if they are always busy to the extent of not having time to reflect on their actions or possible consequences.

To them, everything must be sliding tackle. So they want to be bullying people online as expected Chocolates in return, hahahaha that's pure derision

4 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:43am On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

You're right....👍

Getting things done the wrong way to favour your selfish self ...

Even if you give a mad man an hoe, he must first make ridges for himself.

We always try to avoid anything labouring in vain and pain.

grin

1 Like

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:44am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

And you're still on Nairaland as a beggar and even scamming people?

Those positions only changed your life for worse.

Igbo's are still better and doing well than you fake mechanics and Agbo sellers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:46am On Mar 12, 2023
ObaOfYorubaLand:

And you're still on Nairaland as a beggar and even scamming people?

Those positions only changed your life for worse.

Igbo's are still better and doing well than you fake mechanics and Agbo sellers.

Chinedu, so it's true that 3 of your relatives fell for my scamming... Can't you see smartness different between us ni?

Na you go be next as I know the tricks on you people. Watch out

3 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:46am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

Even if you give a mad man an hoe, he must first make ridges for himself.

We always try to avoid anything labouring in vain and pain.

grin

That's why you steal others peoples efforts and work?

Lazy pig. Only good at stealing or scamming.

Lie Mohammed comes to mind who stole "CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME PROJECT"

1 Like

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2023
ObaOfYorubaLand:

That's why you steal others peoples efforts and work?

Lazy pig. Only good at stealing or scamming.

Lie Mohammed comes to mind who stole "CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME PROJECT"

My friend, we are saying the same thing now, sebi all your lineage efforts have been stolen by me cos I am far smarter than you and your likes.

The sliding tackle dem

1 Like

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by Godfullsam(m): 8:48am On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

Not only the yorubas are complaining about the igbos. Except you are claiming ignorant.

Everyone in the north and your neighbors the South South are complaining.
You guys are terrible. I don't know why!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by flokii: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2023
Let's take Oyo state as a case study.. Ibadan city alone is bigger than 3 out of 5 South East States combined.. yet Oyo state gets same allocation as each of the 5 tiny states in South East.. PLEASE DEFINE INJUSTICE.

To make matters worse, the Igbos in SE don't stay back in their region.. they still flock in droves into Ibadan like they do to Lagos. Please how will South West develop?

I don't know maybe it's just me seeing the cheating and injustice on Yorubas by the Igbos.. If I had my way I'd slash the allocations meant for SE by half and add it to that of SW since the people there are always running to SW.

5 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by KalakutaRepub: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:
No be lie.

Hian
The OP spoke facts. You sef are from somewhere like okitikpo. But you are robbing the lagosians by disguising as one of them. There's a reason Lagos stands out above your okitikpo village. Now you wan to bring povery to Lagos by introducing your village hate filled minset.

Bad news for you. The real owners of Lagos, the tribalized ones, wanna kick you guys out.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by Godfullsam(m): 8:53am On Mar 12, 2023
Chimok:

Op, only you have been to osun, Ekiti, ONDO, Ogun, lagos etc. What exactly are you looking for?

How many states in your land locked region have you been to?

If any state in your region is better than the states you have visited, you won't have any reason going about like sheep without shepherd.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by AskProf: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

Imagine the kind of negative energy this one surround himself to on Sunday morning.

Don't forget that your brother and sisters failed that TOEFL more than me. Reason why you were rejected from taking the exam.

You need to embrace some without sliding tackle comments all the time

Go through your 12 posts so far this morning and see who's talking about negative energy.

Again, how many times did you fail TOEFL?

1 Like

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by helinues: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2023
KalakutaRepub:
The OP spoke facts. You sef are from somewhere like okitikpo. But you are robbing the lagosians by disguising as one of them. There's a reason Lagos stands out above your okitikpo village. Now you wan to bring povery to Lagos by introducing your village hate filled minset.

Bad news for you. The real owners of Lagos, the tribalized ones, wanna kick you guys out.

We will big a big wall. No going back about it.

At least if you guys claim about SW is true, then why is it that it's only your people who are flocking to our region why SW people would rather travel out of the country instead of coming to your region.

Stay put in your Eldorado. It's developed enough to accommodate the indigenes residing outside their region.

Hian

2 Likes

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by kingthreat(m): 8:59am On Mar 12, 2023
Then why are your people entering Night buses into the Southwest daily for survival?
Please stay in your region.
Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by Houseontherock1: 9:01am On Mar 12, 2023
But Igbos won't stop joining night buses to those "suffering" villages like Ise, Emure, Ilesha, Ogbomosho, Ijebu ijesha, Owo, Ikare undecided

1 Like

Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by Winnersunited: 9:53am On Mar 12, 2023
Midastorch:

You don't get it. He is talking about human capital development, Human development indicators , and poverty level in most smaller cities in the south west especially the Muslim areas . Purchasing power is different from infrastructure.
Re: There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast by JASONjnr(m): 10:43am On Mar 12, 2023
Godfullsam:

Not only the yorubas are complaining about the igbos. Except you are claiming ignorant.

Everyone in the north and your neighbors the South South are complaining.
You guys are terrible. I don't know why!

I'm from the SouthSouth and I'm not complaining.... Of you're complaining, face it and stop dragging other region into your fight with the people you don't want them to have their own country...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party: 36 State Chairpersons Back Julius Abure / Many Yorubas Are Silently Waking Up / Israeli Jews Shout "Death To Christians’ In Another Clash Of Violence (video&pi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.