Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Senate Presidency Should Be Zoned To The NORTH! For SE/SS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Senate Presidency Should Be Zoned To The NORTH! For SE/SS (711 Views)

Why Senate Withheld 3 Ministerial Confirmations - Akpabio / 2023: Presidency Should Be Zoned To A Southern Christian - Shina Peller / Adamu Maina Waziri: PDP Presidential Ticket Will Be Zoned To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Senate Presidency Should Be Zoned To The NORTH! For SE/SS by SlurUsername1: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

You are taking this issue too personal. I understand your argument perfectly and I also feel the party should reward those that contributed more to Tinubu’s victory than those that opposed him. If it is in the overall interest of the party to zone the SP to the south south, so be it. However, we must encourage the few Igbos who risked everything to support Tinubu by giving them something tangible to show their brothers that supporting Tinubu was not in vain.

The president must be the president of everybody irrespective of the voting pattern. The Tinubu administration must be fair to the South east region. That’s the only way to deal with secessionist and haters among them. Alienating them completely for another four years is definitely not in the overall interest of Nigeria.

I doubt if Tinubus government will be one riddled with lopsided appointments and alienation for the ibos. But what we're saying is that the SP office is a strategic position and we cannot gamble the future of APC, the SS Pple and all those who worked for Tinubus election on the altars of phantom stories of discrimination against the igbos because it will bomerang.
What does the APC stand to gain in annointing a candidate of SE extraction for SP? absolutely nothing!
But what does the APC stand to lose in annointing a SE candidate for SP? Everything!

Do u know that releasing Nnamdi kanu from detention is a more strategic move at pacifying the ibos and appealing to them than the SP office itself?
Re: Why Senate Presidency Should Be Zoned To The NORTH! For SE/SS by LordAdam16: 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Ogun wan kill Tinubu be that. If Tinubu hand over his presidential mandate to Peter Obi next 4 8 16 n even million years he will not earn a single vote for that.

The SP seat must goes to SS NC christian or in worse case NW no other alternatives to this 3 if Tinubu try anything else beside this na make asise start destroying his household to his children because no be in household de Nairaland de battle all this fools without demanding a dime for the last 8 years.

Yamiriflathead:

This is more like a prognosis of what will eventually happen if Yorubas try to foist Orji Uzor kalu or any easterner on SS people.
The seat is becoming too cold for u pipo, we need to make it hot small because e be like una dey quick forget😁

Hope you know the SS and SE pipo can begin to run one race if they both feel shortchanged?

The best way to make them run different race is to reward and Pamper the SS for a job well done and not pacify the SE for their abysmal behavior, it will anger the SS for not recognizing the effort they put into working for the party.

There shall be no Microzoning of the SP office, not especially to the SE, that's my stand. Chikena!

Guys, I have expressed that sentiment severally.

But the SS has to speak softly and wield a big stick.

Tinubu should do whatever he wants. When 2027 rolls around, we'll do whatever we want.

Actions have consequences. And I trust the likes of Akpabio, Oshiomole have already made the region's position clear to Tinubu. Make nobody start dey shalaye for our ear when election time reach.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Senate Presidency Should Be Zoned To The NORTH! For SE/SS by helinues: 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Ordinarily, av always been an advocate for a SS Senate Presidency on this forum. But recently, I'm beginning to have a change of mind after seeing some yorubas on this forum clamoring for a SE Senate Presidency which I absolutely detest.

My own advise for the SS APC people on this forum is that, if yorubas fail to give you your Right (the Senate Presidency) after working hard to ensure Tinubus victory in the SS, follow the voting pattern of your SE brothers and elect a Northerner as Senate President from the APC or PDP.
Once this SS-SE/North Relationship is established, aggrieved SS/SE members in APC and PDP should work towards supporting and electing a Northerner for President against Tinubu in 2027.

Forging this alliance would help in assuaging certain things.

1. The SS would have vehemently registered their displeasure at Tinubus government for foisting the SE Senate Presidency on them

2. Aggrieved SE people would have an opportunity to remove Tinubu from power

3. A northerner from the Northeast can become President

4. Power eventually returns to the SE/SS

If yorubas want to be mad, we'll be MAD with THEM!

Honestly there would be resentment from Tinubu's supporters and that would be beginning of trouble for him.

So the Tinubu's supporters who was abused by some people, have no single remorse for their actions and still expected to be rewarded.

SS should have the SP position, simple as ABC

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndi Anambra, Let Us Keep Sentiment In One Place. / See What APC Has Turned Yoruba Youths To In Lagos Megacity / Massive Rigging Ongoing In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.