Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords (636 Views)

Lagos To Prosecute Suspects Who Destroyed And Looted Public/Private Properties / Speaker Frank Okiye: Hope Uzodinma Wants To Forcefully Take Over Edo Assembly / APC Planning To Forcefully Takeover National Assembly Tomorrow - CUPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
GRV in one of his 100 days policies said he is going to Enumeration all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commence a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. he will make sure that 100 of such apartments are occupied in his first 100 days.

Seems like GRV is going to forcefully take away the properties owned by private individuals and give them to those who don't have

so if an apartment is not occupied, he will create a program to make sure the houses are occupied. that means he will forcefully take private properties and give them out for free, so literally, landlords will receive nothing for their sweat because they committed a "crime" of not renting their houses out.

Is GRV a communist, does he respect the property rights of landlords?

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Sevenworldpower(m): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
No!!!! It is just your imagination.

5 Likes

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by haffaze777(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
Chinedu can never rule lagos,not now and not in the nearest future.

6 Likes

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sevenworldpower:
No!!!! It is just your imagination.

can you explain what he meant?

1 Like

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Jostoman: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
The only two things on our mind now are

1) to come out on sataurday to vote massively for the candidate that will have the interest of every lagosian at heart irrespective of their tribe or religion and not the one that his thugs will be burning peoples market after election.

2) and to wait for supreme court to decide who our true president is. Any other things from urchin is a propaganda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by TheBillyonaire: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
I owned a number of properties in Lekki that has for the past 5 or more years been vacant. My reason is that I do not like tenants messing up my property because of ordinary 5m annual rent on each of those buildings. But I am spending millions to maintain them.

I am not the only one displaying the lunacy, there are estates without tenants and the owners, just like me can not afford to mess their assets up due to certain income stream which is really nothing for us.

But we also know that there are many homeless people as well as people who really need a place to pay some rent, yet we are not bothered.

When I read GRV Manifesto, the thought that came to mind was, I need to get tenants into those properties because this policy will be of greater good to those who can not afford to own homes for now.

I believe some other investors will equally toe the same line for a greater good.

Even as I might be affected, I am ready to feel some discomfort as long as other people feel some relief.

Therefore, I do not see it as a bad policy at all.

Please vote for GRV, if he can execute that manifesto, people like me will like to think about coming back to Lagos, otherwise, no high consciousness bandwidth human will want to continue to live in such traffic misery as is happening at the Island.

4 Likes

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by ImperialYoruba: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
GRV in one of his 100 days policies said he is going to Enumeration all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commence a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. he will make sure that 100 of such apartments are occupied in his first 100 days.

Seems like GRV is going to forcefully take away the properties owned by private individuals and give them to those who don't have

so if an apartment is not occupied, he will create a program to make sure the houses are occupied. that means he will forcefully take private properties and give them out for free, so literally, landlords will receive nothing for their sweat because they committed a "crime" of not renting their houses out.

Landlords in Lagos who in past rented to ibos have learnt painful lessons and vowed they would rather leave their apartment vacant than ever rent to ibo again. They rent to every other tribe, but not ibo.

GRV plans to run a pro-yanminri governance.

In this particular point you picked up, he will force-occupy those properties with homeless ibos.

3 Likes

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
I owned a number of properties in Lekki that has for the past 5 or more years been vacant. My reason is that I do not like tenants messing up my property because of ordinary 5m annual rent on each of those buildings. But I am spending millions to maintain them.

I am not the only one displaying the lunacy, there are estates without tenants and the owners, just like me can not afford to mess their assets up due to certain income stream which is really nothing for us.

But we also know that there are many homeless people as well as people who really need a place to pay some rent, yet we are not bothered.

When I read GRV Manifesto, the thought that came to mind was, I need to get tenants into those properties because this policy will be of greater good to those who can not afford to own homes for now.

I believe some other investors will equally toe the same line for a greater good.

Even as I might be affected, I am ready to feel some discomfort as long as other people feel some relief.

Please vote for GRV, if he can execute that manifesto, people like me will like to think about coming back to Lagos, otherwise, no high consciousness bandwidth human will want to continue to live in such traffic misery as is happening at the Island.

Mr man, stop capping

What if you dont get tenants, what are you going to do?

Will you allow government to take away your property and give it out to people for free.

Will you allow government to forcefully give out your apartment to people who cant afford to pay rent??

3 Likes

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Great0ne1: 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Idiot !! Did he tell you he will do that ? Senseless urchin
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by ImperialYoruba: 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Where in Lekki is your vacant property? I help place diaspora Nigerians visiting on short-stay in apartments in Lagos. I can get you tenants, let me look at your place.

2 Likes

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
Great0ne1:

Idiot !! Did he tell you he will do that ? Senseless urchin

But Why dont you read his 100 days manifesto

1 Like

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by TheBillyonaire: 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Mr man, stop capping

Will you allow government to take away your property and give it out to people for free.

Will you allow government to forcefully give out your apartment to people who cant afford to pay rent??

Do not pretend to be illiterate and ignorant, because you are not.

The law will mandate me to rent out my property to ready tenants or pay fines to the government. There is no clause on that manifesto that stated that government will take my property from me. I can read and I believe you can read. But if you do not understand what you read, then ask your wiser younger ones to inteprete for you.

There is nothing wrong with MIT trained GRV being Governor. If a known drug lord (according to Reno Omokri) could be Governor, why do you think an MIT trained professional can not be better? Is it because his mother is an Igbo woman? Is it because his wife is Igbo woman? or is it because his father is yoruba man?

You just need to outgrow low chakra reasoning.
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Mr man, stop capping

Bonsurudeen, GRV's popularity has soared due to your propaganda and it will help him win. grin
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Idiko1: 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
haffaze777:
Chinedu can never rule lagos,not now and not in the nearest future.

Never say never!!! If Yoruba think they can rig election, Lagosians can too.
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nato008(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

The law will mandate me to rent out my property to ready tenants or pay fines to the government. There is no clause on that manifesto that stated that government will take my property from me. I can read and I believe you can read. But if you do not understand what you read, then ask your wiser younger ones to inteprete for you.
Oh and u forgot to add,the hate the ibo so much yet tinubu son married one and the are happy enjoying masses common wealth.

There is nothing wrong with MIT trained GRV being Governor. If a known drug lord (according to Reno Omokri) could be Governor, why do you think an MIT trained professional can not be better? Is it because his mother is an Igbo woman? Is it because his wife is Igbo woman? or is it because his father is yoruba man?

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by haffaze777(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Idiko1:

Never say never!!! If Yoruba think they can rig election, Lagosians can too.

Who's rigging who?Yoruba will never allow chinedu to rule us,Azikwe tried it and he lule.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

So i must be forced to rent my properties to anyone or i will be fined for not giving out my property.

Where is the sense in that.

It is my property and you cant tell me what to do with it.

I think one smart move is to increase the rent to a price that most people cant afford then what are you gonna do.

But since most of you are short sighted, dont you think the law will literally increase the cost of rent to about 100%

1 Like

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by TheBillyonaire: 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

So i must be forced to rent my properties to anyone or i will be fined for not giving out my property.

Where is the sense in that.

It is my property and you cant tell me what to do with it.

I think one smart move is to increase the rent to a price that most people cant afford then what are you gonna do.

But since most of you are short sighted, dont you think the law will literally increase the cost of rent to about 100%

It is counter-intuitive to understand the logic in this wonderful policy statement within the manifesto. Especially since you are not guided by statistics of the properties unoccupied.

As an industry player that might be adversely affected by the policy, I applaud it for general good. And I can totally understand your inability to reason out the advantages. If Sanwo Olu was to roll out same exact policy, you will praise it to high heavens.

You do not like GRV, so nothing he does impresses you. Do you know where the hatred comes from? I think you should explore that force within you and heal it.

Heal yourself so you can grow beyond tribal sentiments, that is your major crisis catalyst. I am not Igbo and I am not Yoruba. Even though the policy statement could affect me negatively, I am always evaluating the gain and I agree it will help lower the cost of rent and make life easier for others.

I do not intend to waste more of my time chatting on this subject. But if there anything I can do to help you heal, I will be ready to tell you about the nature of Tribe as a Cosmic Programming language of species and why tribalism a limiting function of the matrix.

South Africans, Ghanians and other foreigners see your tribalism as sign of a neanderthal people. Aliens see your tribalism as low species reasoning.
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Ballmer: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
Same way over 99.2% of you don't like Sawnolu with no one forcing you to like so why can't others chose not to like Chinedu abi e get two heads ?

TheBillyonaire:

You do not like GRV, so nothing he does impresses you. Do you know where the hatred comes from? I think you should explore that force within you and heal it.

Heal yourself so you can grow beyond tribal sentiments, that is your major crisis catalyst. I am not Igbo and I am not Yoruba. Even though the policy statement could affect me negatively, I am always evaluating the gain and I agree it will help lower the cost of rent and make life easier for others.

I do not intend to waste more of my time chatting on this subject. But if there anything I can do to help you heal, I will be ready to tell you about the nature of Tribe as a Cosmic Programming language of species and why tribalism a limiting function of the matrix.

South Africans, Ghanians and other foreigners see your tribalism as sign of a neanderthal people. Aliens see your tribalism as low species reasoning.
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by TheBillyonaire: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Same way over 99.2% of you don't like Sawnolu with no one forcing you to like so why can't others chose not to like Chinedu abi e get two heads ?

Who invited you into the discussion?
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

It is counter-intuitive to understand the logic in this wonderful policy statement within the manifesto. Especially since you are not guided by statistics of the properties unoccupied.

As an industry player that might be adversely affected by the policy, I applaud it for general good. And I can totally understand your inability to reason out the advantages. If Sanwo Olu was to roll out same exact policy, you will praise it to high heavens.

Industry player indeed!

You have already brought out the tribalism card all because i criticize your messiah

1 Like

Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by Jokerman(m): 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

Landlords in Lagos who in past rented to ibos have learnt painful lessons and vowed they would rather leave their apartment vacant than ever rent to ibo again. They rent to every other tribe, but not ibo.

GRV plans to run a pro-yanminri governance.

In this particular point you picked up, he will force-occupy those properties with homeless ibos.

Eleeribu.

Which Yoruba or Benue man wan pay 2M for 2 bedroom flat?

Ronu boda wa
Re: GRV Is Going To Forcefully Take Away Private Properties Away From Landlords by darkkknight2010: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

So you will rather not have a steady income stream you quoted as Ngn5m to give to the homeless who have no sense of actual value for your property?

You said the tenants paying Ngn5m are messing up properties, and then is it these homeless that will preserve the condition, quality and value of your property?

Either you are here for mere clout or mischief.

Whichever way you lack acumen and sapience.

(1) (Reply)

How Senator Akpabio Betrayed APC Guber Candidate In A'ibom / Tinubu And His Men Removed CJN Tanko In 2022 / Opinion: Tinubu Should Do This Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.