Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting (324 Views)

Is Sports Betting A Skill Or Luck? Best Approach To Sports Betting / The Demon Of Betting And His Operations / Why Is Betting So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting by hitng(m): 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
Betting has become increasingly popular among Nigerians in recent years, with many seeing it as a way to make quick money. However, there is growing concern about the negative effects that betting can have on young people. In this post, I will discuss both the good and bad sides of betting in Nigerian youth.

Betting leads to addiction. Many young people start betting as a way to make a little extra money, but they can quickly become hooked on the thrill of gambling. This can lead to them spending more and more money on betting, even when they can’t afford it. This can lead to financial difficulties, which can in turn lead to other problems, such as stress and anxiety.

Betting can have a negative impact on mental health. When people become addicted to gambling, it can lead to depression, anxiety, and other mental health problems. This can be particularly damaging for young people, who are still developing their emotional and psychological resilience. In addition, the shame and guilt that can come with losing money on gambling can lead to feelings of low self-esteem and worthlessness.

In other hand, betting can lead to criminal behaviour. Some young people may turn to illegal means to fund their gambling addiction, such as theft or fraud. This can lead to a spiral of criminal activity and a lifetime of legal problems.

But let see the good part, Betting has both positive and negative effects. While it can provide a source of entertainment and income. I will discuss the good side of betting in Nigerian youth.

For some people, betting can be a way to make money. If done responsibly, betting can provide a source of income that can help pay for necessities such as education, housing, and food.
Have seen some great young man on twitter making at least 40m monthly on betting and they did it responsibly, the like of MR Bayo, Ekiti Pikin , MR Banks, and so on. Without scamming anyone or doing Yahoo yahoo as most people would call it? they are able to make fortune by playing bet.

Secondly Betting can help in skill development, Some forms of betting, such as sports betting, require a certain level of skill and knowledge. Moral thinking and prediction. Betting can be an opportunity for many people to develop their critical thinking and analytical skills. I have Bachelor’s degree in Statistics I bet I can’t predict like this people lol.

Also some people find betting as source of entertainment for themselves. Betting can provide entertainment for people who are looking for something to do. It can be exciting to follow the outcomes of a bet, especially when there is a lot of money on the line like you be odogwu 🙌🏽.

So guys what did you think Is betting a problem among Nigerian youth? drop your comment below.

https://hitng.info/is-betting-a-problem-among-nigerian-youth-the-good-and-bad-side-of-betting/

Re: Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting by kolafolabi(m): 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
It recks, kills and causes setback amongst peers.

2 Likes

Re: Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting by Zazoopk(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
I have a friend of mine ,gamble make him have stroke after we done cure stroke ,he still return back to the same gamble ,gamble is not good not advisable to be involve in it or play it

1 Like

Re: Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting by Freshtruth(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
Betting is worse than yahoo. Do yahoo instead
Re: Is Betting A Problem Among Nigerian Youth? The Good And Bad Side Of Betting by Zazoopk(m): 6:33am On Mar 13, 2023
betting and yahoo no one is good ,everything is hard now

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Gets 15 MILLION New Instagram Followers As Messi Slides / What Are The Greatest Tactics For Betting On Football? / Cristiano Ronaldo's Coach Sacked After Dressing Room Confrontation- Pulse Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.