Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,271 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? (1262 Views)

Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday / 7 Ways To Know That Your Job Is At Risk / 25 Fantastic Organisations To Work With That Did Not Make Jobberman List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 3:27am On Mar 13, 2023
Hello my fellow Nairalanders, I'm typing this in a sad mood.

Sometime in 2021 I left office work as an Audit trainee in order to have enough time for my professional exam (ICAN), but then I thought of another means of livelihood to carter for my financial need so I decided to join the online guys. After serious thought, I decided to start Digital Marketing because I could sensed a strong similarity and correlation between it and my profession as an Accountant.
Lo and behold, the journey as been smooth and interesting to the extent that I got relaxed to further with my ICAN exams because I see it more promising than my main profession. Though finance is one of the reasons for my relax. In fact that's the main reason for this post.

Initially, I thought with a good PC and strong connection I'm good to go but I later realized it also required the kind of finance I never thought of (from paying for digital courses to paying for various tools online) but it's promising I must say.

Why am I posting this? I really need a job (remote job preferably) in order to raise more funds to further my ICAN and Digital Marketing tutorials and practices. I urge everyone on this platform most especially the tech savvy to kindly share tips on any online job I can do that won't require much fund from me aside money for data because I'm not financially buoyant. Also, I wouldn't mind a remote job and if anyone can recommend I'll be more grateful.

As I said earlier, I have a good working Laptop with strong internet connection readily available for remote job and I'm very much open to learn new things.
Kindly reach me through my mail olalekanridwan39 @ gmail . com for more information.
Thanks in anticipation

3 Likes

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 3:28am On Mar 13, 2023
Please, my CV is available on demand

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MMempire(m): 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
No worry, you go make am one day surely.
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Uniquetani1(f): 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
Don't give up, the best will happen
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by eleniyan2020: 7:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
Uniquetani1:
Don't give up, the best will happen
not about giving up but starting up something!
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Uniquetani1(f): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2023
eleniyan2020:

Anyone but you shouldn't give up, I will be praying for you embarassed

2 Likes

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
You should not have left the audit job, you will understand later.
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Malik1338(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Hmmm really ??
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
Malik1338:

Hmmm really ??
Yes, it a spring board to his career path. Working day are Monday to Friday and can use weekend for lectures and if he eventually leave after even 1 year, he would be courted by many companies. I am talking from experience. Mine was not even an ICAN certified firm but ANAN, 6 months and I was far better that my contemporaries.

A year later I tried stoning my CV to 17 companies, 4 were willing to provide standard accommodation, 5 outside Lagos, 8 were willing to give my *4 of my salary current benefits. I didn't leave until after 3 years the next job I got was an oil company with mad benefits but I mater left to start my business.

Any accounting graduate that want to go far start from ANY certified audit firm.

4 Likes

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by eleniyan2020: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
Uniquetani1:

thanks...we move!
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Malik1338(m): 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Yes, it a spring board to his career path. Working day are Monday to Friday and can use weekend for lectures and if he eventually leave after even 1 year, he would be courted by many companies. I am talking from experience. Mine was not even an ICAN certified firm but ANAN, 6 months and I was far better that my contemporaries.

A year later I tried stoning my CV to 17 companies, 4 were willing to provide standard accommodation, 5 outside Lagos, 8 were willing to give my *4 of my salary current benefits. I didn't leave until after 3 years the next job I got was an oil company with mad benefits but I mater left to start my business.

Any accounting graduate that want to go far start from ANY certified audit firm.

I studied finance, can i venture into auditing too??..Is it a good career path and which certifications can i get to get top jobs ??

2 Likes

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Malik1338:

I studied finance, can i venture into auditing too??..Is it a good career path and which certifications can i get to get top jobs ??
Yes, it a good career path.
ICAN
CISA
Ensure before you leave any audit firm learn everything possible and most importantly know how to prepare
A Audited financial statements A-Z, even if it takes you 5year make sure you know how to do it.
B. How to deal with LIRS & FIRS queries
C. Auditing to the last drop

2 Likes

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Malik1338(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Yes, it a good career path.
ICAN
CISA
Ensure before you leave any audit firm learn everything possible and most importantly know how to prepare
A Audited financial statements A-Z, even if it takes you 5year make sure you know how to do it.
B. How to deal with LIRS & FIRS queries
C. Auditing to the last drop
Oh exciting..Thanks Much

2 Likes

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Rubyjade: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Word on Marble. De Knoll Ani and Co., was were I cut my teeth even though salary was poor, I am grateful today that I worked there .
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
Thanks man
MMempire:
No worry, you go make am one day surely.

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
eleniyan2020:
More reason why I'm in need of any remote job possible for me to scale up my financial capability. I don't mind recommendation pls

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2023
Uniquetani1:

Thanks, pls do remember in your prayers
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Boss, I had to leave after putting a lot into consideration and more importantly, the insecurity in Kaduna especially Abuja Kaduna road because we do have more of our assignment in Abuja. Since one of our clients was kidnapped on that road I lost interest in North so I had to leave a start another thing entirely which is going into tech but I didn't plan well I must accept.
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Oyindamolah:

To cut long story short. In 2019, ICAN had a dinner night and what I saw as the most important thing I could gain that night was when the anchor was talking about tech and came to conclusion that AI will take major of our work. So I decided to quit at that point after a long thought with many considerations. That's why i picked Digital marketing because both are more interwoven

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Malik1338(m): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2023
MyPeopleInfo:

To cut long story short. In 2019, ICAN had a dinner night and what I saw as the most important thing I could gain that night was when the anchor was talking about tech and came to conclusion that AI will take major of our work. So I decided to quit at that point after a long thought with many considerations. That's why i picked Digital marketing because both are more interwoven
angry angry
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 11:23am On Mar 15, 2023
You are in Nigeria not an European country, you get the drift
MyPeopleInfo:

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 11:24am On Mar 15, 2023
wink
MyPeopleInfo:

Boss, I had to leave after putting a lot into consideration and more importantly, the insecurity in Kaduna especially Abuja Kaduna road because we do have more of our assignment in Abuja. Since one of our clients was kidnapped on that road I lost interest in North so I had to leave a start another thing entirely which is going into tech but I didn't plan well I must accept.
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 11:25am On Mar 15, 2023
What your location?
MyPeopleInfo:

More reason why I'm in need of any remote job possible for me to scale up my financial capability. I don't mind recommendation pls
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:
What your location?

I'm in Osun state, osogbo to be precise
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by MyPeopleInfo(m): 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:
You are in Nigeria not an European country, you get the drift

Pls help elucidate more on this.

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by princeemma69: 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:

can a student of Economics do it?

1 Like

Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 9:29am On Mar 17, 2023
princeemma69:
can a student of Economics do it?
Yes, even engineering students
Re: JOB: Is It Proper To Have A Laptop And Still Not Make Money? by Oyindamolah: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
MyPeopleInfo:

Pls help elucidate more on this.

(1) (Reply)

Spring Bank In Abuja / Check Dis Out! / Have Anybody Been Contacted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.