Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis (12633 Views)

HURIWA Demands Tinubu’s Disqualification, Resignation Over Identity Theft / Buhari Tells Emefiele, Malami To Comply With Supreme Court On Old Notes Rulling / PDP Demands Emefiele’s Resignation, Investigation Over Alleged Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Sundaland: 6:28am On Mar 13, 2023
Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA) on Sunday demanded the immediate arrest of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, and the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, over their roles in the crisis trailing the redesign of naira notes.

The duo had come under severe criticism from Nigerians over the Federal Government's disregard for the Supreme Court ruling on the redesign of the N200, N500, and N1000 notes

The apex bank on March 3 extended the validity of the old naira notes till December 31.

However, the silence of the federal government and Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on the ruling 10 days after it was delivered has provoked anger in the land with many still reluctant to accept the old banknotes.

The Ekiti and Kogi States governments last week threatened to prosecute individuals and businesses rejecting the old naira notes in the states.In a statement issued by its National Coordinator, Emmanuel Onwubiko, HURIWA described the AGF and CBN governor's refusal to comply with the Supreme Court's judgement as an assault on Nigerians.

The statement read: The flagrant disobedience and arrogance of the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele; and the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami after the Supreme Court order is condemnable and treasonable.

No individual is greater than the Nigerian State and those who think they are should be met with resistance and the punishment that they deserve. For Section 37 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria provided that any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overawe the state (here being Nigeria) is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death.

Now that cash had dried up in most banks across the country due to what senior bankers described as the inability of the CBN to supply them with new naira notes, protests have started to break up in the country. This can threaten the security of the entire nation and the Department of State Services should not fold its arms and watch while Malami and Emefiele plunge Nigeria into chaos and untold hardship

HURIWA demand the arrest of the CBN governor, the AGF Malami, and their trial for treason for failing to comply with the judgment of the highest court in Nigeria. HURIWA also urged President Muhammadu Buhari to be democratic and obey the Supreme Court because the apex court on March 3 also pronounced that the February 16, 2023 declaration by the President is dictatorial.

The post HURIWA demands Emefiele, Malami arrest for disregarding Supreme Court's ruling on naira redesign.

https://dailypostngr.com/2023/03/huriwa-demands-emefiele-malamis-arrest-for-disregarding-supreme-courts-ruling-on-naira-redesign/

28 Likes

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Sundaland: 6:29am On Mar 13, 2023
People, especially those in authority, really need to be held accountable for their certain actions or inactions, guided or misguided policies that affect others badly no matter how highly they are connected. Millions have suffered so much over this preventable Naira crisis. Perhaps, some even lost their lives because of this mess.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Hezzyluv: 6:29am On Mar 13, 2023
History would not have it good on Godswill. He would always be remembered as the worse CBN governor Nigeria ever had.sad

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by mind1225: 6:30am On Mar 13, 2023
And inec chairman Mamud or whatever should be rewarded

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Sundaland: 6:44am On Mar 13, 2023
mind1225:
And inec chairman Mamud or whatever should be rewarded

Rewarded for what??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by mind1225: 6:46am On Mar 13, 2023
Sundaland:

Rewarded for what??
I mean he really deserves to be punished

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Sundaland: 6:58am On Mar 13, 2023
mind1225:

I mean he really deserves to be punished

I see! Thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by GaybigBoy(m): 6:58am On Mar 13, 2023
What of Manhood election Rigger

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by IamNat: 6:58am On Mar 13, 2023
It is a very funny thing, considering how everyone now unanimously accepted that the policy's implementation is bad. Just before the election they insisted it was for the good of the country, but now, everyone everywhere keep complaining. I then realized that it was their hate for BAT that made them accept the policy in the first place, they don't mind its adverse effect on themselves as long as it's a policy against Asíwájú.

If not for the Supreme Court, I would have said we should stick with the new money policy but that would be contempt.

Emefiewele grin grin grin grin your days are numbered, Asíwájú go deal with you hen, in your next life, you will learn to pick your fight.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by nairalee(m): 6:58am On Mar 13, 2023
How over 200million people will suffer (and some literally die) because of one man's incompetence will always amaze me.

And that man is still moving about freely laughing and drinking sophisticated tea

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Dankovich1: 6:58am On Mar 13, 2023
This country matter don tire me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Juanmike(m): 6:59am On Mar 13, 2023
Both him and Buhari should be burnt at the stake.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Nairalander248: 6:59am On Mar 13, 2023
If the policy should stand, then make new cash available...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by tiswell(m): 7:00am On Mar 13, 2023
At this point I support emefiele's arrest.

presieency and cbn really played Nigerians

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by moscow007: 7:01am On Mar 13, 2023
As long as Ariwoola's cash and carry judgement persists, the Supreme court judgements will be nothing more than a mere suggestion.

I just pray Obi's legal sojourn would end in the tribunal in victory.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by dyera(m): 7:01am On Mar 13, 2023
I believe that in one of his trips, Buhari made agreement with the new world order antichrist power to turn Nigeria to an experimental ground to see what it will be like when you take away the people's ability to buy and sell.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by 9jaRealist: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2023

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Batman01: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2023
Wahala

1 Like

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by worldbest101(m): 7:04am On Mar 13, 2023
So this is how Emeifiele wanted to rule Nigeria as president or is he still pained by the outcome of the primaries. Rubbish

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by funsho75(m): 7:04am On Mar 13, 2023
:[i][/i]
Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2023
I’ve been saying that Emeifele be arrested.
The pains my parents go through to get cash in my home town is sickening. I’ve resorted to sending them cash from Lagos via weigh-bill. I can just understand why Emeifele has to be this monstrous

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Moh247: 7:05am On Mar 13, 2023
Suddenly Supreme Court Judges don't care about contempt of court and violation of court orders

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by okorogodwin4(m): 7:06am On Mar 13, 2023
Shameless Hurriwa instead of criticizing buharri you are calling Emefiele is Emefiele the president

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by alrahmanonline(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2023

Politics / Re: New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) by alrahmanonline(m): 2:28pm On Feb 15
All the ipobian and Obidient youths rejoicing over Emefiele Policy because it will affect Tinubu, hope you are happy now. Funniest part is that most of them have this old notes too and they don't know how to spend it. But their inbuilt hatred for Tulumbu will not make them see reason. Shame on you all..

We told you then but you attacked us Abeg nobody should complain especially the Obidients, we die here together 🤣🤣🤣

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by CrimeKsmart: 7:07am On Mar 13, 2023
After the naira redesign has failed to stop Tinubu from becoming the president, una won con dey complain. Yeye dey worry una grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by dyera(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2023
Nairalander248:
If the policy should stand, then make new cash available...

Is this not what Peter Obi said and cow brain urchins were accusing him of supporting the policy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2023
I also join them in asking for there immediate arrest

This suffering is too much and the In redeemable negative effects on business

Many farm products is getting spoilt on a daily basis because no cash and no bank in villages or bank accounts
They see the annual labour get spoilt yet people are hungry need the food but no cash because of this stupid man called Emefiele

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Demands Emefiele, Malami’s Arrest Over Naira Redesign Crisis by dapsoneh: 7:07am On Mar 13, 2023
This Emefiwere abi wet in be him name should just pack im load comot for this contri cos the Kain thunder we go strike am once Buhari comot office still dey do press up

Emefiwere will so much be dealt with wallahi

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cash Crunch Affecting Ramadan, Islamic Body Tells FG / It’s Only Proper To Zone Senate Presidency To South-south — PANDEF / Bandits Attack Zurmi Emir’s Palace, Kill 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.