Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap (15151 Views)

Buhari Tells Emefiele, Malami To Comply With Supreme Court On Old Notes Rulling / Nwulu Converts Mansion To Tennis Court, Urges Nigerians To Comply With Lockdown / We Will Comply With Supreme Court Judgement On Bayelsa — INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by DamnnNiggarr: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2023
JUST IN: NBA asks Buhari to comply with Supreme Court judgment on cash swap

The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct compliance with the terms of the order by the Supreme Court in its judgement delivered on 3 March 2023 in respect of the naira redesign policy.

NBA’s position is contained in a statement on Monday by its President, Yakubu Maikyau (SAN).

Part of the statement reads: “Nigerians may not be too enchanted with our Judiciary, and this may have arisen from unsubstantiated and spurious allegations of judicial misconduct, the fact however remains that we still must look to the Judiciary as the only and final resort, to protect our rights as a people and secure probity in public life.

“The Supreme Court has spoken for the people of this nation and has appropriately issued orders to the Executive and the orders of the court must be complied with.

“We cannot under any guise or pretence accept or tolerate any appearance of autocracy or dictatorship.

“Our system of democratic governance has come to stay, it must not only be respected by all and sundry but must also be jealously guarded and protected.

“This is the greatest test or challenge to our constitutional democracy and the Executive cannot afford to disregard the orders of the Supreme Court made for the benefit of the people that elected it to power.

“I therefore on behalf of all Nigerians, call on the President to immediately direct compliance with the terms of the orders made by the Supreme Court in its judgement".

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-nba-asks-buhari-to-comply-with-supreme-court-judgment-on-cash-swap/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by jkpbestseries: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2023
First time this year.... I dedicate this opportunity to my birthday which is coming up this month ending!

8 Likes

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by DamnnNiggarr: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2023
shocked
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by RighChannel: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2023
BUHARI IS ABOVE YOUR SUPREME COURT ABEG GO AND REST JOR

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by alanto: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
I thought this policy was a very good one that will stop Tinubu and APC from buying votes? I thought the policy is so good that it's the best thing that Buhari has done since he came into power 8 years ago....

Why are Obidient crying all of a sudden?

You are even the one to break it to us that we can now spend the money...

Why are you guys so inconsistent for Christsake?

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by DamnnNiggarr: 10:34am On Mar 13, 2023
alanto:

I thought this policy was a very good one that will stop Tinubu and APC from buying votes? I thought the policy is so good that it's the best thing that Buhari has done since he came into power 8 years ago....

Why are Obidient crying all of a sudden?

You are even the one to break it to us that we can now spend the money...

Why are you guys so inconsistent for Christsake?
grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by alanto: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2023
No Buhari must not comply, APC must not buy votes... Obi must win the election, Buhari should not mind all these agbado NBA, Buhari didn't release Kanu when the court told him do so, why should he listen now... Withdrawal is now #300 per each #1,000 in my area and we are happy with it... Anything to stop Tinubu is OK by us Obidient.

Wait!! What's todays date? E be like Tinubu don win without vote buying o...

Okay, na why Obidient and Emefiele con dey fight. No wonder!!!

In that case Emefiele must be arrested, Emefiele must go to jail.

Cc: FBI, CNN, OPC, BBC, FIFA, CELINE DION AFENIFERE, PUTIN.....
grin grin grin grin

Modified: Why are Obidients crying all over my mention? God will punish all of una, na now una remember say people dey suffer? your mumu fellow Obidient thought it was okay for all Nigerians to suffer as long as they will stop Tinubu so what has changed? Even though Tinubu is Buhari ally, he was the first to comment against the naira redesign, then APC governors came out, there's nothing you guys didn't call them, you said El Rufai and APC governors had stockpiled, you even said it was the best thing Buhari has done in his 8 years... Why are you cursing me now for agreeing with you now that the policy have come to stay? Can't y'all be consistent for once?

. olosi gbogbo. The naira redesign is here to stay. Only urchins and APC governors are crying.. Obidient Nigerians Biafra are not complaining or are you complaining?

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by alanto: 10:45am On Mar 13, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
grin grin grin
I notice your own Obidient is not extreme. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Ogbuefi2020: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2023
You see how they faced Buhari? But cowardly urchins are shouting Emefiele up and down

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by haffaze777(m): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2023
alanto:
No Buhari must not comply, APC must not buy votes... Obi must win the election, Buhari should not mind all these agbado NBA, Buhari didn't release Kanu when the court told him that do so, why should he listened now... Withdrawal is now #300 per each #1,000 in my area and we are happy with it... Anything to stop Tinubu is OK by us Obidient.

Wait!! What's todays date? E be like Tinubu don win without vote buying o...

Okay, na why Obidient and Emefiele con dey fight. No wonder!!!

In that case Emefiele must be arrested, Emefiele must go to jail.

Cc: FBI, CNN, OPC, BBC, FIFA, CELINE DION AFENIFERE, PUTIN.....
grin grin grin grin

I support you,Tilumbu must not be allow to buy votegrin

Awon eleribu dede

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Shampoo77: 11:22am On Mar 13, 2023
Useless President that keep telling people to channel there grievances to court yet he never obeys court orders.

27 Likes

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Shetemi12(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2023
Emefiele will never enjoy the last days of his life.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Senator777: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Yeye court
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Useless and toothless NBA!

Every so called important group or association just presumes to give Buhari instructions, especially that one called SERAP abi wetin be their name!

Anyone pretending not to know that Buhari has been practicing semi-dictatorship since 2015 is not just naive but plain Stupid!

11 Likes

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by OmotolaBoy(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Good One

All the best

1 Like

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Dialpad: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
The government needs to understand that the ordinary guy is suffering.

Allow usage of the old cash

2 Likes

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Hambivert: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Buhari's body language, policies, and reactions are characteristics of a failed leader.
It needs to be sparogatively studied and taught in schools to enable students know what it means to be a failure.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Kogite22: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2023
Better
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2023
NBA day just dey break?

Do you know the number of supreme court rulings The president has flouted?

Water trickles from top down.

If oga can do It, his underlings can do same.

Naija is in freefall and parachute no dey.

Whatever happens now, we take it like that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by seunlayi(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Is this the same court Atiku and Obi are running to for election issues? Lol, they are on a long-thing. How do they expect this government and INEC to comply with any ruling against them?
They should better look for alternative or just forget and plan on how to rig next election of rigging is the order of the day.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by markkuss: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Hh
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by LBK1: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Abeg o
I withdrew 200k old notes but can't spend it embarassed
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by RenaissanceGuy: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2023
This policy was a complete failure! All the people who subjected more than 200m Nigerians to this artificial hardship should be jailed, to send a message that public service incompetence is a crime in itself just like corruption.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by seunlayi(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2023
It shall not be well with Buhari and emefiele for this hardship. We over 180m Nigerians deserve better than this

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by NobleSeed(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2023
see what Nigeria politics has reduced the judiciary into.
NBA even dey beg am to obey court order cry
Godforbid bat_hing we have seen and tolerate enough 🙅🙅

2 Likes

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Boss2985: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2023
Shetemi12:
Emefiele will never enjoy the last days of his life.

It's Buhari not Emefiele . Emefiele is a house boy. Channel your energy to the right person

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by haybhi1(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2023
W
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Alex1113: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2023
Are you tired of losing your hard earned money to sports betting with no profit? Then look no further as I am here to provide you with FIXED MATCHES FREE OF CHARGE. YOU only PAY AFTER WIN
If you can stake high whatsapp me on 081//201//25//792
Re: NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2023
APC is nonsense

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

63 Unaccompanied Children, Six Pregnant Women Among Those Rescued / Appeal Court Ruling On Taraba Guber Election Ongoing: Live Updates / Christy Anyanwu Implicates Achike Udenwa In Confession To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.