Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

My Obsession With Range Rover. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Obsession With Range Rover. (1328 Views)

Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) / N120m 2019 Range Rover SV Coupe Is The Most Luxurious 2-door SUV (photos) / Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Obsession With Range Rover. by udede(m): 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
My dream car is range rover, i have never made enough money to buy one but i intend to buy one Nigeria used before the end of the year, budget 2m.
I don't really care that people have moved on to other brands because I don't have crowd mentality.

My problem is this :- please is there something i don't know about range rover sport.
Or why is the prices of the Nigeria used dropping .
Why is it no more popular?

3 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by Rastafryrice: 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
udede:
My dream car is range rover, i have never made enough money to buy one but i intend buy one Nigeria used ,before the end of the year, budget 2m.
I don't really care that people have moved on to other brands because I don't have crowd mentality.

My problem is this :- please is there something i don't know about range rover sport.

Range Rover sport at 2m??

13 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by Billionaire2: 12:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
following
Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by zukky79: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
It's funny but I know one mechanic in Edo State that owns an old model Range Rover sport. He bought it used with a bad engine. This guy just converted it to use Toyota Hiace bus engine. I just tire. It runs well, AC, power steering and all working well. Definitely not with as much power but it works.

Range Rover body with Toyota engine. Nigeria Na case.

6 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by laivwire(m): 2:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
udede:
My dream car is range rover, i have never made enough money to buy one but i intend buy one Nigeria used ,before the end of the year, budget 2m.

It's a money pit.

You did not specify which year but Range Rovers are quite common, except for the fact that it is for the rich. They are not reliable and quite costly to maintain.

Rich people buy cars that won't give a dent in their pockets, you should always be financially wise. Why will you buy a liability that further drains the little money you struggled to save just because you want to impress? Cut your coat accordingly or you will bite your fingers.

My uncle had a 2008 Range Rover he went to service in Abuja, on his return trip to Kd he didn't realize the mech forgot to totally shut the oil sump under the engine. Engine went 'kakara' on high speed and shut down. #1.5m to replace the engine.

Vehicle gathered dust well before he sold for scrap value.

A word is enough.

4 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by TheBTCinvestor: 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
udede:

I used a 2007 range in 2020..i bought it 3m naija used.that vehicle almost killed me..it was plaqued with air suspension issues and engine problems..I later sold it like that for 1m...now I drive an ML350 2013 and have peace of mind.

7 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by udede(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
Rastafryrice:

Range Rover sport at 2m??
very much available.

1 Like

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by udede(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
laivwire:

It's a money pit.

You did not specify which year but Range Rovers are quite common, except for the fact that it is for the rich. They are not reliable and quite costly to maintain.

Rich people buy cars that won't give a dent in their pockets, you should always be financially wise. Why will you buy a liability that further drains the little money you struggled to save just because you want to impress? Cut your coat accordingly or you will bite your fingers.

My uncle had a 2008 Range Rover he went to service in Abuja, on his return trip to Kd he didn't realize the mech forgot to totally shut the oil sump under the engine. Engine went 'kakara' on high speed and shut down. #1.5m to replace the engine.

Vehicle gathered dust well before he sold for scrap value.

A word is enough.
but that could have happened to any car. That was the fault of the mechanic not the car Abi ?

3 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by chccho(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
udede:
My dream car is range rover, i have never made enough money to buy one but i intend to buy one Nigeria used before the end of the year, budget 2m.

U don't like peace, u like trouble.
You want to by serious wahala!!
If 2m is what u have to buy a Nigerian used Range Rover then u obviously don't even know what u are up to.
I really pity u, by the time the car is done with u, u will see shege banza.

4 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by marlow1962(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
2m for Range Rover ?
Guy u funny o 😂

3 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by udede(m): 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
chccho:

U don't like peace, u like trouble.
You want to by serious wahala!!
If 2m is what u have to buy a Nigerian used Range Rover then u obviously don't even know what u are up to.
I really pity u, by the time the car is done with u, u will see shege banza.
😲bros nobi fight ooo. But i gat your massage
Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by chccho(m): 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
udede:
😲bros nobi fight ooo. But i gat your massage
Na fight o!! Because how can u even be looking for a RR with 2m

4 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by SpaceAngel: 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
First advice is to forget about range rover sports for now with that budget for Naija used. You are most likely buying a life snake that'll make your life very miserable.

Think of fuelling , and especially maintenance, not for every mechanic.

Try and get enough money to buy a certified foreign used one to avoid being best of pals with mechanics and getting frustrated.

1 Like

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by fashrola(m): 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
udede:

Lol... Trouble dey sleep, you wan carry money go spray am grin grin

7 Likes

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:55am On Mar 17, 2023
Look for a Rav4.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by valarinz: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
Make una relax na grin

Bro fit just wan buy the car park am for front of house dey wash am daily, it serves the purpose 😄

You can't come and tell me he doesn't own a Range Rover na
Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by RZArecta(m): 12:18am On Mar 18, 2023
I'll advise you buy brand new or foreign used with a clean bill of health after running a vin check. Many Nigerians are notoriously incapable of maintaining their vehicles properly talk more of one that doesn't even have stellar reputation for being reliable. Use, sell off and chalk it off your bucket list
Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by BestTrades: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2023
udede:

RZArecta:
I'll advise you buy brand new or foreign used with a clean bill of health after running a vin check. Many Nigerians are notoriously incapable of maintaining their vehicles properly talk more of one that doesn't even have stellar reputation for being reliable. Use, sell off and chalk it off your bucket list

Ensure you run a detailed vehicle history report to make an informed decision

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

Do a Custom Duty Verification

For Custom Duty Verification ..
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Lost/Stolen Customs Documents

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by uncleck: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2023
You hate your life OP. Range Rover is one vehicle you shouldn't consider buying second hand let alone Nigerian used. Abort mission please

1 Like

Re: My Obsession With Range Rover. by baconline(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2023
The engine cost about the price u are paying for it, be careful cos u could be paying double at the end of the day

(1) (Reply)

Law Concerning Driving A Righthand Vehicles In Nigeria / Pump And Crank Kit (2008 Rav4 Vs 2007 Camry) / Very Good Honda Mechanic Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.