Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Ghanaian Chief Wants Wee And Homosexuality Legalised - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghanaian Chief Wants Wee And Homosexuality Legalised (624 Views)

"Even Satan Wasn't Gay,........." Mugabe On Homosexuality / Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Chief Wants Wee And Homosexuality Legalised by nolongTing: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
The Adumhene of Akwamufie in the Eastern Region, Nana Otu Akoto, is urging the government to legalize the selling and smoking of marijuana, locally known as wee, in Ghana.

He cited countries such as Holland that have legalised the illicit drugs in cafés where the government is “making good money out of”, suggesting that Ghana can follow suit.
Nana Otu Akoto who thinks governments’ efforts to clamp down on the drugs have been hypocritical, said he is backing the crusade to legalise the drug merely because he is a realist and wants the government to task legalized centres and barons .

“I am saying government should find a way of legalizing it so that it can be controlled, so that the state can make money,” he remarked, adding that this would also stop the underground trade of the illicit drugs.

He said successive governments have failed to combat the drugs because the barons are the same people financing their political activities.

The chief said lots of tax payers' money are used to ostensibly track and arrest the drug barons, an amount he said could have been channelled into “real needs” of Ghanaians such as education and water.

Akwamufie is a predominantly farming community, but when Nana Otu Akoto was asked if he had any intention of dealing in the drugs should it be legalised, he replied in the negative: “No no, I am a realist, I am looking at things from the benefit of the country.”

He said the above reason also informed his decision to join the call for Same-sex activity to be recognised and legalised.

“I am not a Same-sex but I said we should legalize the homosexuality because it is real in Ghana. When something is real, you don’t drive it underground.”

For instance, he said, even though the Presbyterian Church of Ghana condemned the act, they have set up a counseling office within the church to counsel and guide homosexuals within the church.
Source: Myjoyonline.com
http://edition.myjoyonline.com/pages/news/201109/72540.php?pageNum_rsComments=1&totalRows_rsComments=37&storyid=72540

(1) (Reply)

Sudanese Storm German Embassy, Burn Down Building / Oklahoma Tornado Leaves Massive Path Of Death, Destruction; At Least 51 Dead / Inspirational Quotes - My Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.