Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge (985 Views)

I Was Used As A Guarantor Without My Knowledge / Fakorede Olabode Samuel Used My BVN Without My Knowledge To Request For Loan / New Scam Alert. Bank Details' Madness. Pls Always Go To Your Bank Personally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by Prinss: 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
I just received 2 text messages about the creation of a new GTbank account which I never applied for? Anyone have a similar experience or knowledge of what might be going on?

See texts:
========
1. Dear my_name, your Account number is 07733xxxxx. To fund your account, visit any GTBank branch nearest to you. Thank you for banking with us.

2. Dear Customer, a Savings Acct: 07733xxxxx has been opened for you. Pls pay into this account to activate it, N1000 + VAT applies for your new DEBIT card.
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by ahnie: 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
wink

Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by psucc(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
That must be your own Voter's appreciation. Lopsss

Na Nigeria we dey o!

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by sulakishop(m): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
Error of commission or omission in phone number, no scam

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by funshint(m): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
Zenith Bank did this same to me one time....it is a tier one account. You might have given your BVN details one time. But there's no cause for alarm anyway. Just go to the bank to activate it or upgrade it if you want to use it.
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by Zazoopk(m): 4:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
Do not go to the bank ,they will arrest you ,nor go ooh
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by Prinss: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2023
ahnie:
wink

Like seriously?
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by Prinss: 7:29am On Mar 14, 2023
sulakishop:
Error of commission or omission in phone number, no scam

From the person that created the acct?

But for someone to create an account bearing my name, with my phone number and probably BVN, I find it hard to call that an error.

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by Prinss: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2023
funshint:
Zenith Bank did this same to me one time....it is a tier one account. You might have given your BVN details one time. But there's no cause for alarm anyway. Just go to the bank to activate it or upgrade it if you want to use it.

Don't want to use, will deactivate it... still can't believe someone can create a bank account for some else.
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by BigCowHornn: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
ahnie:
wink

My Meme!
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by sulakishop(m): 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
If it's in your name, ur bvn was used to open the account. Try and register a complaint for future reference. I had a similar issue with palmpay and they kept asking for stupid info about who used my bvn. Mail them, if the response isn't pleasant, copy cbn.

Prinss:

From the person that created the acct?

But for someone to create an account bearing my name, with my phone number and probably BVN, I find it hard to call that an error.
Re: Scam Alert: Bank Account Created Without My Knowledge by Uniquetani1(f): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
Prinss:
I just received 2 text messages about the creation of a new GTbank account which I never applied for? Anyone have a similar experience or knowledge of what might be going on?

See texts:
========
1. Dear my_name, your Account number is 07733xxxxx. To fund your account, visit any GTBank branch nearest to you. Thank you for banking with us.

2. Dear Customer, a Savings Acct: 07733xxxxx has been opened for you. Pls pay into this account to activate it, N1000 + VAT applies for your new DEBIT card.

Same with me o
But I forget to reason am, I don't even have the message again. It has been long tho, I haven't heard or received any issues about it since then. Na ignore I ignore am

(1) (Reply)

Black SA Player Accused of Calling England Opponent "White C**t" at Rugby WC / Woman Remanded For Killing Man With Scissors / Man Beats Son To Death Over N100 !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.