Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee Dr Okechukwu Unogu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee Dr Okechukwu Unogu (1307 Views)

Panel beater shot dead in attempt to kidnap Europe returnee(Pictured) / Australia Returnee Murders Lover In Benin / American Returnee Kidnapped In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee Dr Okechukwu Unogu by tyson55(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2011
For long, the Federal Government has been calling on Nigerians in the Diaspora to come home and invest in the country, describing them as an invaluable catalyst in Nigeria’s transformation agenda. Well, a Nigerian based in the United States who heeded the call is regretting the decision.

Dr. Okechukwu Unogu owns a pharmaceutical company in the United States. He says his intention was to come home and establish such pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria’s rural areas, asserting that he has a deep passion for rural dwellers and their healthcare.

Dr. Unogu says he was, however, beaten black and blue by some miscreants over a plot of land he purchased in Igando, a suburb of Lagos State.

Hear him: “I told a classmate and friend, Mr. Ugochukwu Ezeugwa, to help me purchase a plot of land in 2003 since I was not based in Nigeria. I gave him some amount of money. Actually, I have been coming home since then but I never had a chance to visit the place until I came home this time. I called my friend, who later asked me to call one Adewumi Dada to show me the land. The very day we were going to see the land, I went with my brother, Emmanuel Unogu, and another friend, Mr. Emeka Irregbi. As we were going, I noticed that this man, Adewumi, was making some calls in Yoruba. When we got there, I noticed that my name had been removed from the gate, and the two-bedroom apartment that I told my friend to build on the land before building the pharmaceutical factory had been demolished and a new duplex built on it.

“At this juncture, I had to call my friend, Ugochukwu, whom I gave money to. He told me to be careful, saying this was land matter. I was not happy. As the argument continued, I saw four guys. They came and started asking, ‘where is the man?’ Immediately Adewumi pointed at me and they started beating me, hauling stones and using every available weapon they could lay their hands on. Thank God, my brother was able to escape from the scene. He ran to the police station. The mob threatened to burn me together with my car but thank God for the early arrival of the police, who arrested two of them. Unfortunately, I was told the police released them the following day.”

When contacted for clarification, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Igando Police Station, Mr. Adeoye, confirmed that division was handling the matter. He said the matter was already in court, adding that prosecution was halted because the plaintiff is out of the country.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/sep/14/508.html
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee Dr Okechukwu Unogu by Afam4eva(m): 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2011
Land matter Nigeria is not child's place.
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee Dr Okechukwu Unogu by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2011
he only has himself to blame for this. how can he buy land and build property on it BUT YET whenever he came to Nigeria, he didnt go and check his investment?! couldnt he send his family to check on the property?!

how is he even sure that his "supposed building" was ever constructed before being demolished?!

(1) (Reply)

See The Faces Of The Men Who Stabbed Emmanuel Sithole To Death In South Africa / Millitary Clothes / Pic! Wife Stabbed Husband To Death In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.