Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated (466 Views)

Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila / Kaduna Tribunal drama: Social Media Should Be Regulated - Onanuga / Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
ASAP
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
With specified jail terms absent of fine options
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by LikeAking: 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
Op u daft..

Regulated for what?

You think if it's possible Dem for never do am..

It's impossible.....

Try dey exposed small..

Bush baby..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
LikeAking:
Op u daft..

Regulated for what?

It's impossible.....

Try dey exposed small..

Bush baby..

Your father's father na him you dey follow yarn opata

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by Aboks(m): 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
LikeAking:
Op u daft..

Regulated for what?

It's impossible.....

Try dey exposed small..

Bush baby..

Lwkmd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by RenaissanceGuy: 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
If it was being regulated, more than 70,000 obidients would have been in jail before the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by SmartPolician: 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
LikeAking:
Op u daft..

Regulated for what?

It's impossible.....

Try dey exposed small..

Bush baby..

Regulating the social media space in Nigeria is as simple as ABC. When you are caught spreading FAKE NEWS or spewing hate online, you will be prosecuted, made to pay a definite fine and/or do time. This fine or punishment must be defined by an act of parliament.

Security operatives will work with social media platforms and Nigerian ISPs to get the information of people who spread fake news so they can be punished. When a few people are used to set example, everybodi go get sense. The government doesn't care about it because they believe they have more important things to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
If it was being regulated, more than 70,000 obidients would have been in jail before the presidential election.
Then we would have had a peaceful election and nnamdi Kanu would have long been curtailed before spreading his lies on jibril el sudani that had some nicompoops like likeaking analysing the ear shape of His Excellency President Buhari GCFR... distracting us from actual issues of governance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2023
SmartPolician:

Regulating the social media space in Nigeria is as simple as ABC. When you are caught spreading FAKE NEWS or spewing hate online, you will be prosecuted and made to pay a definite fine and/or do time. This fine or punishment must be defined by an act of parliament.

Security operatives will work with social media platforms and Nigerian ISPs to get the information of people who spread fake news so they can be punished. When a few people are used to set example, everybodi go get sense. The government doesn't care about it because they believe they have more important things to worry about.

The incoming government must care.... I have offered bountiful rewards for anyone who can provide me with verifiable evidence of the death of any protesters at the lekki tollgate during the Endsars protests

Guess what no response
And more importantly the claimants were mostly of southeastern origins or misguided youths who are full of emotions rather than objectivity
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by LikeAking: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2023
SmartPolician:

Regulating the social media space in Nigeria is as simple as ABC. When you are caught spreading FAKE NEWS or spewing hate online, you will be prosecuted, made to pay a definite fine and/or do time. This fine or punishment must be defined by an act of parliament.

You have no idea about tech..

Every code is trash..
The codes the ISPs are using is trash..

No really, but in the coding world.

People can actually mask dia IP, send fake news from outside the country, etc etc...

Fake news no be our problem... Na poverty
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by LikeAking: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2023
searchng4love:

The incoming government must care.... I have offered bountiful rewards for anyone who can provide me with verifiable evidence of the death of any protesters at the lekki tollgate during the Endsars protests

Guess what no response
And more importantly the claimants were mostly of southeastern origins or misguided youths who are full of emotions rather than objectivity

With all those gun shuts, u mean nobody die..

All those dead body Dem carry for hand, u mean no one died...

Go online and see the profile of those that died at Lekki gate ...

The pics dey online...

You can contact dia friends to confirm..
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by LikeAking: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
SmartPolician:

How will they catch dem?

Internet don big pass MTN and Glo..
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by SmartPolician: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
LikeAking:

You have no idea about tech..

Every code is trash..
The codes the ISPs are using is trash..

No really, but in the coding world.

People can actually mask dia IP, send fake news from outside the country, etc etc...

Fake news no be our problem... Na poverty

Stop feeling like a boss whereas you are writing trash.

How many Nigerians use VPN to browse the web?

FYI, everyday Nigerians visit Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with an IP address assigned by an ISP.

Tracking them and picking them up is easy.

Nigeria can even outlaw VPN like China has done. If you are caught browsing the web with a VPN, you will be prosecuted for it.

Again, regulating social media is as easy as ABC. The only thing is that the government doesn't see the need yet because they probably have more important things to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
LikeAking:

With all those gun shuts, u mean nobody die..

All those dead body Dem carry for hand, u mean no one died...

Go online and see the profile of those that died at Lekki gate ...

The pics dey online...

You can contact dia friends to confirm..

Who died? Name and address. And I will personally go there to verify
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by Reality3080: 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
99.9% of igbos would have been in jail before d election

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
Reality3080:
99.9% of igbos would have been in jail before d election
That would have been better.
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by James91: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2023
A country that can't not fight bandit or kidnapping
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
James91:
A country that can't not fight bandit or kidnapping
Igbo people needs to stop supplying bandits with weapons
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by Reality3080: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
searchng4love:

That would have been better.
they had nothing on tinubu than blackmail, character assasination, cheap propaganda to even add to the madness they pollute kids mind with their politics of hate

Imagine one of their kids saying
“ I hate tinubu n I will kill him when I see him”

N they all started laughing

One of those kids was even saying

Peter obi is my president tinubu is dead n I wonder the kind of upbringing they are giving those children
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
Reality3080:
they had nothing on tinubu than blackmail, character assasination, cheap propaganda to even add to the madness they pollute kids mind with their politics of hate

Imagine one of their kids saying
“ I hate tinubu n I will kill him when I see him”

N they all started laughing

One of those kids was even saying

Peter obi is my president tinubu is dead n I wonder the kind of upbringing they are giving those children
Igbo youths have no upbringing and no ethical standards to aspire to except crookery
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by Reality3080: 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
searchng4love:

Igbo youths have no upbringing and no ethical standards to aspire to except crookery
I wonder d kind of upbringing they give their children

Imagine a child of less than 5 already using d word “hate” n she sees it as normal cos they all laughed at it
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by searchng4love: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
Reality3080:
I wonder d kind of upbringing they give their children

Imagine a child of less than 5 already using d word “hate” n she sees it as normal cos they all laughed at it
We will curb them ASAP
Re: Nigerian Social Media Needs To Be Regulated by LikeAking: 11:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
SmartPolician:

Stop feeling like a boss whereas you are writing trash.

How many Nigerians use VPN to browse the web?

FYI, everyday Nigerians visit Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with an IP address assigned by an ISP.

Tracking them and picking them up is easy.

Nigeria can even outlaw VPN like China has done. If you are caught browsing the web with a VPN, you will be prosecuted for it.

Again, regulating social media is as easy as ABC. The only thing is that the government doesn't see the need yet because they probably have more important things to worry about.

Funny Ignorant man.

U don't know tech..

Until they regulate it, relax ya sef...

You think VPN is a big deal?

VPN, is even outdated..

Calm down.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Now Humble And Obident / Prophet Segun Adebayo Shocking Revelations About Tinubu, Lagos, Court Judges, Pr / Protest No Work Voting No Work Revolution Or Division Is Next.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.