Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,443 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi (466 Views)

IPOB Is The Biggest Enemy Of The South-East - Adamu Garba / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Napata77: 2:54am On Mar 14, 2023
Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi

IPOB stands for secession. Break Up. Scatter the country. Let everybody answer his father's name.

Millions of Igbos heeded their ideological call. For years and years......and years.

..and then Peter Obi came.

Peter Obi's rise to the very pinnacle of the Nigerian political universe, gathering millions of votes from Hausas, Fulanis, Yorubas, Edos, Tivs, Ijaws, Itsekiris, Kalabaris and Ogonis among others, who queued up for hours in the hot sun to vote in an Igbo man from Anambra state as their president, has struck a deadly sword in the central claim of Igbo marginalisation upon which IPOB bases its agitation.

Suddenly, Igbos find themselves political heavyweights in Lagos, the nation's foremost city-state and industrial powerhouse.

Talk of Igbo marginalisation seems an antiquated miasma.

A discarded anachronism entertained only by a tiny, radical stratum of IPOB strongheads.

The rest of Igboland has moved on. Their candidate Obi came unbelievably close to winning the presidency. His destiny - to lead the nation one day - seems almost a matter of course, as his support intensifies across the nation, even in the post-election era.

He builds on the momentum of nationwide support, he wins next time, especially if the Tinubu administration fails to perform.

(Sure, the election results are still being challenged, but we're assuming here that Tinubu would be president)

So ALL THIS leaves IPOB in a very awkward situation.

They cannot be seen to be too vociferous in their secessionist noises, as it dampens national enthusiasm for an Igbo presidency, and by extension, Peter Obi's chances going forward.

Obi's rise has made Igbos believe they are indeed part of the Nigerian family.

Secessionist idealism is quietly shunned, like a dog reluctant to return to its vomit.

So the biggest threat to IPOB's continued relevance (and thus, existence) is Peter Obi.

He is their greatest enemy.

1 Like

Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Totilopussylick(m): 2:56am On Mar 14, 2023
cool
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Napata77: 3:30am On Mar 14, 2023
Uh huh. cool
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by AskProf: 3:34am On Mar 14, 2023
Napata77:
Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi

IPOB stands for secession. Break Up. Scatter the country. Let everybody answer his father's name.

Millions of Igbos heeded their ideological call. For years and years......and years.

..and then Peter Obi came.

Peter Obi's rise to the very pinnacle of the Nigerian political universe, gathering millions of votes from Hausas, Fulanis, Yorubas, Edos, Tivs, Ijaws, Itsekiris, Kalabaris and Ogonis among others, who queued up for hours in the hot sun to vote in an Igbo man from Anambra state as their president, has struck a deadly sword in the central claim of Igbo marginalisation upon which IPOB bases its agitation.

Suddenly, Igbos find themselves political heavyweights in Lagos, the nation's foremost city-state and industrial powerhouse.

Talk of Igbo marginalisation seems an antiquated miasma.

A discarded anachronism entertained only by a tiny, radical stratum of IPOB strongheads.

The rest of Igboland has moved on. Their candidate Obi came unbelievably close to winning the presidency. His destiny - to lead the nation one day - seems almost a matter of course, as his support intensifies across the nation, even in the post-election era.

He builds on the momentum of nationwide support, he wins next time, especially if the Tinubu administration fails to perform.

(Sure, the election results are still being challenged, but we're assuming here that Tinubu would be president)

So ALL THIS leaves IPOB in a very awkward situation.

They cannot be seen to be too vociferous in their secessionist noises, as it dampens national enthusiasm for an Igbo presidency, and by extension, Peter Obi's chances going forward.

Obi's rise has made Igbos believe they are indeed part of the Nigerian family.

Secessionist idealism is quietly shunned, like a dog reluctant to return to its vomit.

So the biggest threat to IPOB's continued relevance (and thus, existence) is Peter Obi.

He is their greatest enemy.

We have heard that.
Any other thing or henceforth remain SILENT.

"Sophisticated morons'"
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:47am On Mar 14, 2023
Weaklings, na Igbos dey power since 1960 bah

They are your problem undecided

Quantinue
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Napata77: 4:17am On Mar 14, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Weaklings, na Igbos dey power since 1960 bah

They are your problem undecided

Quantinue

Kindly STFU if you have nothing relevant to the topic to contribute.
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Napata77: 5:39am On Mar 14, 2023
AskProf:

We have heard that.
Any other thing or henceforth remain SILENT.

"Sophisticated morons'"

What is this one saying?
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by aswani(m): 6:56am On Mar 14, 2023
An interesting take on things, it has been a while since I have found something worth deliberating on in Nairaland.

I however question the assertion that Obi came "unbelievably close to winning the Presidency", he did come a distant 3rd based on the official results which I appreciate are not just disputed but are being litigated upon.

The hard work starts now for Obi, whether or not he wins his court case to be president, those followers of his that intersect with IPOB will need to be kept on board moving forward, not an easy feat.

He can take pride in the fact that he has proven to be a genuine third force in Naija politics, the establishment now realise they do have to work hard as it is no lomger "business as usual".

I hope he can keep the momentum going. We will all benefit in the long run if he does
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Napata77: 8:05am On Mar 14, 2023
aswani:
An interesting take on things, it has been a while since I have found something worth deliberating on in Nairaland.

I however question the assertion that Obi came "unbelievably close to winning the Presidency", he did come a distant 3rd based on the official results which I appreciate are not just disputed but are being litigated upon.

The hard work starts now for Obi, whether or not he wins his court case to be president, those followers of his that intersect with IPOB will need to be kept on board moving forward, not an easy feat.

He can take pride in the fact that he has proven to be a genuine third force in Naija politics, the establishment now realise they do have to work hard as it is no lomger "business as usual".

I hope he can keep the momentum going. We will all benefit in the long run if he does

Good points. wink
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Napata77: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2023
Bump!
Re: Why IPOB's Biggest Enemy Today Is Peter Obi by Auxtan(m): 8:45am On Mar 14, 2023
aswani:

You will benefit from it in the long run and that's only why you want him to keep the momentum going. Discrediting the fact that Obi's votes where well rigged and suppressed nationwide, even in his supposed strongholds. Sometimes try to be objective and remove bias when trying to comment with intelligence on a public forum as this. Your writings shows a peak selfish entity.

NB: Both APC and PDP are scared of Obi & LP right now because they know how well he did in the last election. I am not saying Obi possibly came first but I know for a fact Obi came close to winning and the third position given to him is very unfair.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Mamora Takes Giant Stride In Ensuring Sanwo-olu Victory / Gov Jide Sanwo-olu Begins The Release Of End SARS Protesters From Kirikiri Priso / NNPP Leading In Taraba In Landslide Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.