Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Need Help With This Script - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Need Help With This Script (3617 Views)

I Need Opinions On This Script. / ♥movie Script 4sale It's Like Mr Ibu! Mehn You Need To See This Script)♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Help With This Script by iice(f): 3:56am On Nov 24, 2011
Jayboy, i PMed you like a couple of days back.
Re: Need Help With This Script by yamakuza: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2011
I need help too.
Re: Need Help With This Script by iice(f): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
With what? grin
Re: Need Help With This Script by yamakuza: 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
With my script na tongue
Re: Need Help With This Script by iice(f): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2011
kekeke.
This script, is it all done, half way or just in brainstorming phase?
Re: Need Help With This Script by yamakuza: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
I have all 3. Which one do you want first? grin
Re: Need Help With This Script by iice(f): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
grin grin You no well. I no get energy and time for all that.
Re: Need Help With This Script by yamakuza: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
embarassed
Re: Need Help With This Script by iice(f): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2011
You'll be fine
Re: Need Help With This Script by Thirdborn: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Briareos, Sorry it took me a while to even see this. i haven't been on nairaland in a while.
I am an experienced script writer and filmmaker with a couple of credits (mostly international) on IMDb.com, for mostly short films but i learnt from great teachers who have written books on acting and script-writing (Hollywood). i'd like to help cos i was kinda impressed with your imagination.
Firstly there's no such thing as "Hollywood script format", its just the standard script format that film makers all over the world use. 
I am not asking you to change your script to fit the "Nollywood" style but as a Nigerian you have to have elements of realism in there. I didn't notice in the 5 pages what you referred to as "not meant for the Nigerian setting". This story will work in Nigeria, you only need a producer/director with vision ( and trust me, Fidelis Duker is not it) the only thing you need to alter is the dialogue, cos it seems too unnatural.
Another little problem might be the scene. The 5 pages automatically translates to 5 minutes so this scene is already too long for a series. For a movie it might work but for a series, you will have to make the scene really interesting to hold an audience for 5 minutes.
Also give the characters a little more personality to make them lovable or hate-able by an audience.
other than these small points, i still believe you have skill. I'd suggest you get some e-books on script-writiing to help you further cos writing scripts is a really tricky thing.
Another thing, when writing screenplays or scripts (international standard), when introducing a new character for the first time in the script, their names should be written in uppercase.
I hope i was helpful and didn't come across a different way.
i hope we can collaborate on a script some day.
Re: Need Help With This Script by Thirdborn: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Jayboy124, can i see an outline or synopsis? i'd like to help.
Re: Need Help With This Script by VillageBoi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
I agree with 'ThirdBorn'. It's also very dialogue heavy with practically no 'action'. Cut out a fair bit of dialogue and write in what they are 'doing' to ease the 'talking-heads'.
Even though it is '2' scenes over the 5 pages you can, when you have a long scene, intercut it with another scene of other people doing something else.
On the whole it seems very interesting and a show I'd like to watch. Keep up the good work!
Re: Need Help With This Script by Jayboy124: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Thirdborn can I get your email and send you about 10 pages. I'm not very good in writing synopsis and outlines.
Re: Need Help With This Script by teryj: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
may i get in contact with you so that we can talk one on one. there are some things i need to know from you. you can please reach me on this number

very important and urgent please.

thanks.
Re: Need Help With This Script by Jayboy124: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2011
@Terryj, who were you referring to? The guy with the first post or the guy with the last post or the guys with the posts in between, lol?
Re: Need Help With This Script by egaruba(m): 8:23am On Jan 01, 2012
RATED E SCREENPLAYS - UNLOCKING CREATIVITY

FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN!

About:   
Screenplay Writing & Consultation Service.

Company Overview:   
RATED E offers the very best in Story Concepts and Screenplay writing for feature film, TV, and new media. Our mission is to develop and produce meaningful story driven and high concept African-themed motion pictures for the African film and TV market that will inspire, engage and entertain audiences worldwide.

Description:
Rated E is a web site dedicated to the works of screenwriter Emil B. Garuba. The website covers Emil's efforts in feature films and TV. On the site you’ll find free screenwriting advice as well as information on Emil's Script Consultation Service. As a freelance script reader, Emil has read literally thousands of screenplays for agents and production companies. As a produced screenwriter, he's constantly working through the ins and outs of screenwriting. And now as a script consultant, he's offering his professional expertise to you at an affordable price.

Service:
Script Consultant - Original Screenplays, Spec Screenplays, rewrites and adaptations. Contact us for our service rates.

Email - ratedeproductions@hotmail.com
Web - www.ratedeproductions.yolasite.com
Re: Need Help With This Script by Thirdborn: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Jayboy124, sorry i been away. my email is abdul@L7media.com.ng
Re: Need Help With This Script by Briareos(m): 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Yamakuza, nope, I haven't found any yet. But Im focusing on making my script better now

@Thirdborn,

Thank you v. much for your contribution, it was helpful.

In fact, I've been receiving help from nairalandist, especially Iice.

I wonder if I can send the complete edited first episode to you.

@VillageBoi, I have the same reservation about the script as you stated. I was having difficulty 'intercutting' because twas the begining of the series and there are fewer scenes to show. But I think the problem lessens after some episodes.

@TerryJ, in case you are refering to me, you can contact me on 08078844126
Re: Need Help With This Script by Owen2(m): 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
@op,I haven't read yur script yet but I understand what people mean when they say yur dialogues feel 'unnigerian', and whilst I won't give yu D̶̲̥̅̊ big stick for it,I'll advice that yu try and not wander too far in yur imaginations. I have a short script I wrote that struck out as having a tint of 'unnigerianess' in it as well. I took D̶̲̥̅̊ criticisms in my stride but didn't change a word in it as I was convinced that everything was in moderation. Also,after yu've written D̶̲̥̅̊ script,go over it with reality check on yur mind and make changes in places yu deem necessary. Remember, a script is never written,it is re-written.
Re: Need Help With This Script by Toluth(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
The attached is not bad. It sure can happen in Nigeria.
Re: Need Help With This Script by Briareos(m): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2012
*Owen*,
Thanks for you input.

Yamakuza, thank you very much for your PM. I just checked it all these while.

Where has Iice gone to?
Re: Need Help With This Script by Briareos(m): 9:42am On Apr 08, 2012
Where has everybody gone to?
Re: Need Help With This Script by pakingzzzz: 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nice one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Any Link To Download The CEO And OLOIBIRI / Nigerian Tv Stations In Usa / Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.