Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,648 members, 7,958,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Transcorp Moved ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transcorp Moved ! (1374 Views)

Tony Elumelu In The Gym At Transcorp Hotel / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / An Aerial View Of Nicon Nuga Hilton (Now Transcorp Hotel) Abuja In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transcorp Moved ! by ijogbon(m): 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2007
Is it me ? Or did Transcorp price actually flicker to life?

Finally !!! Something exciting to investigate.

What are the analysts saying about transcorp? They seem to be getting a move on in the right direction?
I wonder if people will now start offloading all those IPO units on the market?

We watch and wait!
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by easimoni(m): 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2007
The suspension was lifted today and it dropped the expected 5%. Expect the 5% daily drop to continue for at least another week. The people who bought pre-IPO will be dumping.

Let's see one interim result and maybe I'll get in below N5.
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by ijogbon(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2007
I agree o! But I guess listing it on the exchange was the first mistake!!!!! embarassed angry.

I am quite heavily invested in it so I dont have your options of waiting to get in under N5 (because I do believe it is a good IDEA and will eventually float to the top).

What I will do is buy more shares actually. At a much cheaper price that is - maybe the same volume I have now but at N5 or below thereby increasing my exposure for the short term but HOPING for better indices in the future. Come on ! It can only get better cant it? Transcorps property portfolio (from NITEL) alone if spun off (like I hear they are doing now) can provide the neccessary WC to take it to high places!!!!

Lets see. undecided
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by stanchuks(m): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2007
Transcorp unveils transformation plan, lists shares

The management of Transnational Corporation Plc, on Thursday, unveiled a transformation plan that would make the company Nigeria’s multinational with an annual revenue of between $5bn and $10bn and with market capitalisation of between $30bn and $60bn.

The Managing Director, Transcorp, Mr. Tom Iseghohi, who spoke during the listing of the company’s shares in Lagos, said to realise this target, the conglomerate would deploy strategic imperatives such as right focus, structure, people, tools, process excellence and superior results.

Speaking to market operators and stockbrokers after the listing of over N2.899bn ordinary shares of 50 kobo each sold during Transcorp’s Initial Public Offering in February, he stressed the need to enlighten the investing public on the company’s operations.

By its listing, the technical suspension was officially lifted, meaning that investors who had already started receiving their share certificates could now trade in the stock.

Iseghohi expressed optimism that following the implementation of its transformation plan, the value of the equity would, in 24 months, grow to a minimum of N50 per share on the floors of the Nigerian Stock Exchange based on a price earning ratio of seven.

In his review of performance, he listed accomplishments recorded by the company from June 2007 till date to include 70 per cent restoration of NITEL backbone, restoration of M-Tel in 16 cities of Nigeria and the consummation of a technical partnership deal that could attract revenue worth N35bn with CISCO Incorporated, Dimension Data and Cable & Wireless.

He said, “In addition, Transcorp has secured N13bn funding for NITEL’s fibre optics network as well as the completion of the conceptualisation phase of a real estate mixed use development in Ikoyi that is expected to deliver N10bn positive cash.

“The company has demonstrated dynamism and immense capital raising skill by closing some high profile deals in the past two years. In 2005, it bought 51 per cent stake in the Abuja Hilton; a year later, it paid for 51 per cent of NITEL thus taking over the mobile telecommunication arm.

“We have also asked the banks to restructure the loan facilities from short term to long term as this would reduce the pressure in doing business, just as the about N29bn debt owed by some NITEL subscribers are being strategically recovered.”

Describing it as the new Transcorp, he said that the new management team was committed to meeting the expectations of investors in the shortest possible time in form of dividend payout and bonus issue before 2010 . The company, he said was also committed to capital appreciation.

While admitting that the company had suffered a fractured image due to lack of information on its operations, he pledged the team’s readiness to correct the negative perceptions through positive value and performance.

“The management team believes in the future and prospect of Transcorp. Some of us have staked our career and image on it because we understand its technical fundamentals and will continue to stake our funds in it,” he said.

Source:
The Punch
Friday, August 31, 2007
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by Temmie10(m): 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2007
easimoni:

The suspension was lifted today and it dropped the expected 5%. Expect the 5% daily drop to continue for at least another week. The people who bought pre-IPO will be dumping.

Let's see one interim result and maybe I'll get in below N5.

the interim result will have to be really good to make me enter even at 5 o.
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by easimoni(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2007
Temmie10:

the interim result will have to be really good to make me enter even at 5 o.
A market cap of $60B by 2010 means each of the 21.5B shares would have to be worth N350 by then. Even half of that is N180.
Even though we should make investment decisions largely on an analysis of a company's past performance (of which Transcorp has none), the growth potential of this company is so large, it might be worth putting 10% of your portfolio in it just to see where this could all go.

The current market cap of this company is only ~N200B (and dropping). But surely the assets are comparable in value if not more. A GSM license is worth, what, 40B? bottom line is they'll likely make a loss in the next fiscal year, but after my other stocks mature, I'll definitely give Trashcorp, I mean Transcorp, a look. Contrarian investments have been known to work.
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by Temmie10(m): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2007
good points, but all these plenty debt, make we see good results at least esp considering that ordinary shareholders are last in the pecking order in the days of disaster,
if results are good, 8 naira could even be a good entry price
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by enolase(m): 2:10am On Sep 02, 2007
Yes, Transcorp moved. But it is only going in one direction-DOWNWARDS.

By the time those who bought the private placement at N3 (and who also got a stock split, effectively doubling their shares) start selling to take profit, the price of Transcorp will be lucky not to drop below N5.

For now, nothing to boost Transcorp's price.
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by otokx(m): 6:12am On Sep 02, 2007
Let it drop to N1 then i'll buy a 100000 shares.
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by egoldman(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2007
The potential for this company to be great is not doubt , yeah they have lots of debt to contend with , but don't forget that they have renegotiated with their bankers to stretch there loans for the longer term , so this might give them some space to make some profits for the company .
i will be watching developments carefully, and i think that new guy at the head there , that tom he seems to know what he is doing and from what i have read about his profile , he seems to be the right man for the transcorp job .
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by tunde44: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2007
D ;Dear,
I believe in Transcorp.Not because i invested heavily in its private placement, but because it is a company for the future .It is good for long term investors. Give it two to five years and see the return it will generate. grin
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by sherriff: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2007
I believe transcorp do hold a lof of prospects for both the country as a whole and its investors. U guys remember that the company is built on a dream of a Nigerian trans corporation and i believe this sentiment will appeal to Yaradua, not forgeting that obasanjo is still a major share holder in the company. Transcorp has a lot to proove and i believe this present management will work wonders, what nigerians need is to see the company moving forward and i am sure they will out of patrotism rally round the company. it will definitelt generate alot of interest if it can cross its present negative perception. definatelty a good buy for the long term investor. But as they say, let the book judge.
Re: Transcorp Moved ! by skinblack: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2007
Good points raised so far about transcorp. I must advise eventhough some of us that bought the IPSO might lose some money in the short time but I believe with good fiscal management on the part of the company's management , it would turn out a good investment in the future.

By the way, for those of you share holders in many of companies in Nigeria, I was wondering, can we set up a monitoring body that will represent the interest of Nigerian share holders in diaspora? If this interest you, you can send a mail to me at sunblock@yahoo.com and let us rub minds.

cheers,
Skinblack
Melbourne, Australia

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Websurfer Card Can Be Accepted On Some Sites / Become A Millionaire In Dollars By Trading The Forex Market For 5 Years Non Stop / Is 2% Per Month A Good Roi On N1.0 Million Investment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.