Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Meet Dr Ifunanya Igweze, Founder Preggify - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet Dr Ifunanya Igweze, Founder Preggify (173 Views)

How Healthplus Pharmacy Founder And 11 Family Members Survived COVID-19 / Meet Dr Jerome Munyangi The Man Behind Madagascar’s COVID-ORGANICS Herbal / Meet Dr Shehu Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Dr Ifunanya Igweze, Founder Preggify by drlilyluv(f): 10:02am On Mar 15, 2023
My name is Ifunanya Lilian Igweze, a medical doctor by profession and an advocate of a more convenient and a safer maternal care for women, especially career women.

I am an author of two books, The First-Time Mom and Week by Week tracking of pregnancy.

My secondary school education was at Loretto Special Science School,Adazi.
I obtained my Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital Awka.

My advocacy has always been about women and children below 5 years.

I lost my younger brother when he was below 5 years to excessive vomiting and diarrhoea. And 20 years later, children in Africa still die in their numbers every day for the same cause.

In my effort to see that no family buries their child due to avoidable cause, in 2018, I establish a non-profit organisation; Live Mother and Child Initiative to educate women in rural areas in Anambra state on proper early child care.

In 2020, I moved to Lagos Nigeria while I was pregnant with our son. It was one of the difficult moments of my life. The Covid19 lock down made access to hospital care very difficult. As one who is asthmatic and pregnant, I lived every day in fear of uncertainty. What would happen to me if I needed an emergency care?

This was the fate of many pregnant women in Nigeria, especially in Lagos state.

Luckily for me, as a medical doctor, I found my way around it and delivered safely. Can this be said of other women out there?

In 2021, after my client lost her baby due to an avoidable cause. Her excuse being that she didn't have time to attend pregnancy classes and hospital care due to her job schedule. Another of my client became severely anaemic (shortage of blood) in her last trimester. According to her, she found it difficult to refill her drugs or even remember to take the ones she had at home. This was attributed to her busy schedule as a business owner.

Burdened by this, I asked myself 'how can we make the current pregnancy care to be more convenient and timely for women who dedicate their time building wealth?'

In 2022, the loss of my pregnancy forced me to resign from my job. During my time at home, I came up with an idea on how to solve more than 85% of the problem facing career/businesswomen who are raising their own family.

In the same year, Preggify was birthed.

At Preggify, Our vision is to create a world where pregnancy and childcare are not barriers to a successful career.

In the last 10 months, through technology, we've bridged the gap in accessing convenient pregnancy care across 6 countries (United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Niger Republic, Ghana and Nigeria).

Learn more here

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Community Begs For Solar Power, Borehole As UNICEF Ends Medical Outreach / Can Stress Cause Ulcer Pain / This Why You Ejaculate Quickly During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.