Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? (2321 Views)

If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen / Peter Obi's Interview With BBC Hausa, Reaction By Northerners / Mind Game Played By Northerners Over Southeast On VAT (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by gidgiddy: 10:08am On Mar 15, 2023
Why is it that all 36 States in Nigeria were created by Northerners? Why is it that no Southerner created any state?

In 1967, Lt Col Yakubu Gowon abolishes the 4 Regions Nigeria had and creates 12 States

In 1976, General Murtala Mohammed creates 7 more states, bringing the total to 19

In 1987, General Babangida creates 3 additional States, bringing it to 21

In 1991, Babangida again creates 8 more states, bringing the number to 30

In 1996, General Abacha creates 6 more states to bring the total number to 36

Why was State creation the exclusive preserve of Northerners?

5 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 10:14am On Mar 15, 2023
gidgiddy:
Why is it that all 36 States in Nigeria were created by Northerners? Why is it that no Southerner created any state?

In 1967, Lt Col Yakubu Gowon abolishes the 4 Regions Nigeria had and creates 12 States

In 1976, General Murtala Mohammed creates 7 more states, bringing the total to 19

They were taught by the British that majority carries the vote .

In the national assembly, Senate, rep they don't check If the policy passed is good or bad .

If the majority accepts good if they reject then rejected.

Example: we want buhari to resign over failure
Those in favor say I iiiiii those against say neh nehhhhh the neh have it . Shikena.

That is why the north have been claiming they have population, as you can see this particular election exposed them .

The census that is coming next ,if you are in Nigeria make sure you partake because it's this census they use in determining if allocation or favors should be shared equally.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Kyase(m): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2023
gidgiddy:

Na only them get liver

6 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Kyase(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

In the national assembly, Senate, rep they don't check If the policy passed is good or bad .

Those in favor say I iiiiii those against say neh nehhhhh the neh have it . Shikena.

That is why the north have been claiming they have population, as you can see this particular election exposed them .

The census that is coming next ,if you are in Nigeria make sure you partake because it's this census they use in determining if allocation or favors should be shared equally.

Actually this election only showed that northerners have the number
They voted Tinubu, Atiku, RMK and Obi and their preferred candidate won

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 10:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Kyase:

Keep talking sideways

Did you not see the turn out ?

Don't worry next election too we will still cut more almajiri out from the system.

You think if all the south unite to play dirty politics the north will have any numbers ?

Let all the southern children from primary 4 down to 16 years leave school troop out and get PVC.

Dey play.

Last census goats and chickens were counted if you like zuzu for this one .

They will still get the lion share

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by pipsplus2020: 10:28am On Mar 15, 2023
Because you are their captives and your leaders had sold you to them and have not stopped.

Let the revolution continue, let the people that have sense of nationhood take over the leadership of this 'nation'.

1 Like

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Kyase(m): 10:33am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

Keep talking sideways

Don't worry next election too we will still cut more almajiri out from the system.

You think if all the south unite to play dirty politics the north will have any numbers ?

Let all the southern children from primary 4 down to 16 years leave school troop out and get PVC.

Dey play.

Kano population alone is more than Anambra, Enugu and ebonyi combine
🤣🤣🤣

11 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by QuotaSystem: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

Keep talking sideways

Dey play.

I hope you’re aware that while monogamous populations grow arithmetically, polygamous populations grow geometrically.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 10:38am On Mar 15, 2023
QuotaSystem:

I hope you’re aware that while monogamous populations grow arithmetically, polygamous populations grow geometrically.

It’s common sense.

I hope you are also aware that you can't argue a population growth of people close to water and people close to desert?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2023
Kyase:

Kano population alone is more than Anambra, Enugu and ebonyi combine
🤣🤣🤣

Dey play

I guess you just jump in without understanding what the op said .

Who divided Kano

Was Anambra and Enugu not divided or you don't know your history?

2 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by QuotaSystem: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

I hope you are also aware that you can't argue a population growth of people close to water and people close to desert?

Why? Is there water scarcity in the North?

Is the bulk of agricultural produce not grown in the North?

Does water give you twins?

What’s your point?

6 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Kyase(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

Dey play

I guess you just jump in without understanding what the op said .

Who divided Kano

Was Anambra and Enugu not divided or you don't know your history?

You replied my comment Oga and I replied you based on what you comment there

Are you confused in life?
Do you need spiritual help?
Or na mental help you need

1 Like

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Kyase(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2023
QuotaSystem:

What’s your point?

That dude need help abeg

Very confuse human being

I just found out that, the boy dey currently read for jamb

3 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2023
Kyase:

I hate democracy. I don't see it as perfect way of selecting leaders especially in Nigeria.

If not how can10 coconut head that don't know basic economics select for reasonable ones. It don't make sense

One Almajiri vote to be equal to one Prof vote in Unical is unjust to the prof.

We can see that in the wrong selection in Nigeria.
Electoral point should accompany each region.

2 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by helinues: 10:55am On Mar 15, 2023
Obasanjo 8 years
Jonathan 5 years

Both are southerner, what stopped them from creating one?

You people should stop searching for sh.it

3 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2023
QuotaSystem:

What’s your point?

You are joking with basic statistical knowledge

Black Africans are confused

2 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 10:57am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:

This fellow has been attacking others NL's since morning. It's all obvious in his comments history

Rule 2

Cry harder

Ohoro ni weh tolopia

1 Like

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Kyase(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2023
Okwyjesus:

I hate democracy. I don't see it as perfect way of selecting leaders especially in Nigeria.

If not how can10 coconut head that don't know basic economics select for reasonable ones. It don't make sense

One Almajiri vote to be equal to one Prof vote in Unical is unjust to the prof.

We can see that in the wrong selection in Nigeria.
Electoral point should accompany each region.

But you preach equality?
Hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by babyfaceafrica: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

I don't understand population growth with people close to water? Is there some magic the water does or something....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

I don't understand population growth with people close to water? Is there some magic the water does or something....

Thank you for the question.

Now I will use animal as an example

Where does birds feed on the desert or the Greenland?

2 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by babyfaceafrica: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

Thank you for the question.

Now I will use animal as an example

Where does birds feed on the desert or the Greenland?

Greenland
Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

Greenland

Thank you .

The birds that adapts in the desert are Thier children stronger and healthier than those birds that feed in the Greenland?

1 Like

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by 0m0nnakoda: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2023
Because of the actions of Nzeogwu,Ifejuana,Ironsi and Ojukwu
We are still paying the price of their greed and selfishness

3 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Okwyjesus(m): 11:07am On Mar 15, 2023
Kyase:

But you preach equality?
Hypocrites

Am not hypocrite.

Just reason am. Even in workplace do School Cert collect the same as M.Sc holder.

People that proposed democracy didn't consider certain issues nor factor them into consideration.

Some animals you know are more equal than the others.

1 Like

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by asanausana91: 11:11am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

the ask you a simple question, you started barking like a mad dog.
Why didn't Obasanjo created even one state when he was the president.
Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 11:13am On Mar 15, 2023
asanausana91:
the ask you a simple question, you started barking like a mad dog.
Why didn't Obasanjo created even one state when he was the president.

I did not bark that loud like your mother did I ?

I am actually from the north it's only simple to get educated so next time tell your parents to give you proper education.

You can either take this advise or call the mods

Hahahahahaha
Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2023
Ironsi, a Southerner, gave Northerners the powers they needed to do that. You forgot it was ironsi that dismantled the autonomy of the regions and concentrated enormous power in the central government! And when Ironsi was overthrown, the power he left behind was used by subsequent Northern régimes to create states to taste.

9 Likes

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by asanausana91: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2023
Fintiri:

Keep talking sideways

Dey play.

you talk like a fool I don't know why. Did anybody stop a southern president from creating a state?

1 Like

Re: All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why? by Fintiri: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2023
asanausana91:
you talk like a fool I don't know why. Did anybody a southern president from creating a state?

You see me report you ?

Hahahahaha

I might be a fool but not the particular level of your mother.

You understand ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates To N815/$1 / Tinubu Just Made The Most Uninspiring Presidential Speech Ever / PDP Fires Wike Over Appointment As FCT Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.