Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada (1251 Views)

Reconstruction Of Gate-oje-beere-oja To Oba-molete Under Bridge by GSM govt(pix) / Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) / How Trafficked Nigerians Fall Victims Of Organ Harvest In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by TheRareGem1(f): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
Hundreds of Nigerians in Canada woke up to the realisation that they have been scammed on an eCommerce website, OBA Global.

The website crashed in the morning of Wednesday as users could not access the website or their funds.

OBA Global is not a money doubling platform like MMM and others similar to it, OBA Global comes off as believable because users are designated to carry out tasks on a daily basis.

The WhatsApp administrators of the scam quickly left WhatsApp groups where they were stationed to convince people that the scam was real. The inundated the groups with evidence of making money and how their lives have changed.

Chronicle NG reports that users are expected to publish products from e-sellers on multiple platforms starting with Tokopedia in Level One and Amazon in Level Four.

To sign up on the OBA platform, you need a referral code and a minimum of $500. In level one, you will be given 20 tasks a day, and based on each task you will be paid as little at 90 CAD cents.

Chronicle NG reports that if you can grow your revenue to between $2,000-$10,000 (CAD) and have at least three persons to sign up using your referral code, then you climb up to level 2.

To attain Level 3, users were required to have at least 10 invitees and between $5,000-$20,000 while to reach the highest level, which is four, you are required to have 20 invitees and a minimum balance of $20,000.

The tasks for the levels also differed. Level 1 users had 20 tasks to complete on a daily basis while Level 2, 3 and 4 had 25, 30 and 40 tasks to complete on daily basis.

OBA Global communicated with new users via a designated WhatsApp group. Each WhatsApp group was labeled Global E-Commerce V. As at the time of swindling its users, OBA Global had at least five WhatsApp group with over 4,000 members that have registered, Chronicle NG gathered.

Reacting to the scam, a user wrote, “I woke up to 350 unread messages. I just knew that “otiloo”, I don’t care about Lynn, she is a “White” planted here for a reason. I’m pained by our fellow Nigerians who knew it was all a scam. Just know you can be easily traced with your phone numbers. Where are all those active administrators forwarding messages to welcome people? Your voices and keypads seized all of a sudden,” the user wrote in reference to Lynn a White lady who was the front.

Another user said, “Is there a way out? Can we report to our bank? If there is a receiving bank, the account holder must have opened the bank account with a details.”

Chronicle NG cannot independently verify if Lynn was involved or if her picture was taken off the internet and used as a front for the scam.

A certain Samuel Adebayo, a Nigerian has been identified as the mastermind of the scam. He targeted citizens from his country and convinced them that he had been earning money off the platform for many years.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2023/03/nigerians-oba-global-scam-in-canada/

Cc
Mynd444
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2023
TheRareGem1:
Hundreds of Nigerians in Canada woke up to the realisation that they have been scammed on an eCommerce website, OBA Global.

The website crashed in the morning of Wednesday as users could not access the website or their funds.

OBA Global is not a money doubling platform like MMM and others similar to it, OBA Global comes off as believable because users are designated to carry out tasks on a daily basis.

The WhatsApp administrators of the scam quickly left WhatsApp groups where they were stationed to convince people that the scam was real. The inundated the groups with evidence of making money and how their lives have changed.

Chronicle NG reports that users are expected to publish products from e-sellers on multiple platforms starting with Tokopedia in Level One and Amazon in Level Four.

To sign up on the OBA platform, you need a referral code and a minimum of $500. In level one, you will be given 20 tasks a day, and based on each task you will be paid as little at 90 CAD cents.

Chronicle NG reports that if you can grow your revenue to between $2,000-$10,000 (CAD) and have at least three persons to sign up using your referral code, then you climb up to level 2.

To attain Level 3, users were required to have at least 10 invitees and between $5,000-$20,000 while to reach the highest level, which is four, you are required to have 20 invitees and a minimum balance of $20,000.

The tasks for the levels also differed. Level 1 users had 20 tasks to complete on a daily basis while Level 2, 3 and 4 had 25, 30 and 40 tasks to complete on daily basis.

OBA Global communicated with new users via a designated WhatsApp group. Each WhatsApp group was labeled Global E-Commerce V. As at the time of swindling its users, OBA Global had at least five WhatsApp group with over 4,000 members that have registered, Chronicle NG gathered.

Reacting to the scam, a user wrote, “I woke up to 350 unread messages. I just knew that “otiloo”, I don’t care about Lynn, she is a “White” planted here for a reason. I’m pained by our fellow Nigerians who knew it was all a scam. Just know you can be easily traced with your phone numbers. Where are all those active administrators forwarding messages to welcome people? Your voices and keypads seized all of a sudden,” the user wrote in reference to Lynn a White lady who was the front.

Another user said, “Is there a way out? Can we report to our bank? If there is a receiving bank, the account holder must have opened the bank account with a details.”

Chronicle NG cannot independently verify if Lynn was involved or if her picture was taken off the internet and used as a front for the scam.

A certain Samuel Adebayo, a Nigerian has been identified as the mastermind of the scam. He targeted citizens from his country and convinced them that he had been earning money off the platform for many years.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2023/03/nigerians-oba-global-scam-in-canada/

Cc
Mynd444
Lalasticlala

Nigerians and scams are just painfully inseparable.
Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by Originalsly: 8:08am On Mar 16, 2023
Hmmm ..... $500 to join!... and people did!
Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by aieromon(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2023
TheRareGem1:

A simple search would have prevented this. I guess greed beclouds logical reasoning.

https://www.fij.ng/article/adebayo-samuel-took-n2bn-from-investors-via-oba-forex-global-trading-then-he-disappeared/

Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2023
All I will say is: if any of the victims ever did MMM, then it means they haven't learnt anything.

Losing money to these scams should make one develop critical thinking to critique and analyse any investment option one comes across.

These scams all operate using the same template and how people choose to fall victim multiple times is what I don't quite understand.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by aieromon(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2023
In a bid to recover their monies, some Nigerians who were scammed in the OBA Global eCommerce fraud have petitioned the Canadian government.

In one petition against OBA Global which was sighted by Chronicle NG, they are seeking government intervention to recover their funds and to arrest those who perpetrated the crime.

Chronicle NG had reported that a White lady, simply identified as Lynn, is the front for the scam that deceived hundreds of Nigerians most of whom are based in Canada.

A screenshot of phone numbers received by Chronicle NG reveals that most of the masterminds are Nigerians and that they exited WhatsApp groups created to convince their fellow countrymen shortly after the scam was uncovered.

In one petition sent to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, a victim explained that at least one of the perpetrators, Jude Oba, was planning to flee to Nigeria. He urged the police to put the Customs on alert.

The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre was also petitioned by some of the victims of the OBA Global scam.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2023/03/oba-global-nigerians-file-petition-canada/
Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by GoldSantana: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2023
Samuel do this one o. From scamming people in Jos through Oba Forex and now this!
Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by rinzylee(m): 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
I dodged this bullet

Thank you Jesus o.

Eweeee eh

As them wan use work kill me for hospital, I no see road engage the scam set-up.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Nigerians Fall Victim To OBA Global Scam In Canada by Vanilla4(f): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Terrible, quite terrible... not a Nigerian prince scam this time.

(1) (Reply)

How I Book �for #6,500 From Ibadan To Lagos / Any Naija In Ghana? / Travelling To South Korea,any Suggestion Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.