Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,545 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds (2484 Views)

Emenike: House Demolition: Igbos Are In Trouble, This Is Pure Wickedness / Ezekwesili: Lai Mohammed's Comment About Peter Obi Is Pure Nonsense / Yahaya Kwande: Buhari’s Corruption Fight Is ‘Nonsense’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2023
limeta:

Up there they say its rubbish
But you here trying to spin it to some mystical yoruba power which clearly it isn't

Terrible Muslim what about the one God believe
"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals open your eyes!" - Leonardo Davinci
Where is the sense in Halloween?
spin me the mystical significance of decorating your rooms with cobwebs(tinsel) on yuletide...
Selling out your indigenous heritage to embrace foreign bondage; that's the fundamental orifice of all rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Jokerman(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

Ojuckwu talk pass this and 3 million still waste without any repercussions or consiquences

Na beg una still beg

Comot if na your papa born you, and post a thread on Nairaland

Eleribu... oro is nothing.... awon oni iró

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2023
Why are people complaining? Normally we know Oro is BS a bit and it's done in the midnight. It won't affect voting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2023
@Moh247 you are making noise. You don't have to rant here to prove a point that the so-called Oro is powerful. Saturday will bury the long speculation and insinuation that Oro is powerful or not.

Saturday we are coming out en mass in Lagos state to cast our vote. Na once person dey die. Una Oro will be put to shame on Saturday. Men are ready for them that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by lordskenny(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2023
9jahotblog:
Na ojukwu you dey talk here. I just dey laugh 😆. The present generation of youths no dey allow lies and propaganda to becloud them again. The so called organisers of the Oro rituals will be dealt with on Saturday which happens to be Election Day. The electorates will come out to exercise their franchise and nothing happens. The so called Oro will be set ablaze. I won’t say much

It is because most things in lagos are scams. But don't call tradition and cultural stuff rubbish in other Yoruba towns oo. You may not stay alive to testify it. See all those our leaders also know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by 9jahotblog: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2023
lordskenny:

It is because most things in lagos are scams. But don't call tradition and cultural stuff rubbish in other Yoruba towns oo. You may not stay alive to testify it. See all those our leaders also know the truth.
it’s total rubbish organising Oro rituals on the Election Day. It will be resisted by the electorates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by 9jahotblog: 8:53am On Mar 16, 2023
inoki247:

I don't have issues with you guys displaying your daftness....

The said Oro na night program why're you guys now crying up nd down are we now voting in the night or daytime...
what I just know is that they shouldn’t hold their Oro rituals on the day time where the electorates are coming out to cast their votes and exercise their civic right responsibility
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by 9jahotblog: 8:53am On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

Time Will tell
yes. GRV is the people’s choice. Sanwo Olu the clueless end sars protesters killer is a clueless goner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by XAUBulls: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2023
SporaD8:

From Elegushi to Epe, the Oro festival is an annual rite with date always fixed at March(this year is not an exception).
Unfortunately, the Guber election date was shifted to coincide with the Oro date!
It's just like people insisting that Easter should not hold again because FG shifted population censor date to coincide with Easter.
Fortunately though, the rites will end before 6am on Saturday. Election will not commence until after more than a couple of hours later.

True.
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by dat9jaguy(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2023
9jahotblog:
it’s total rubbish organising Oro rituals on the Election Day. It will be resisted by the electorates.

You are quite daft. How many times them go tell you say oro na from 12am to 5.30am. Election starts 8.00am. This thing wey you dey find you go soon see am.

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Beremx(f): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

It's all over Lagos and not just elegusi. I think 5 towns at the last count. Awori settlements - From Lekki to Ojodu.
Yes i saw it on Twitter. So why must it hold on election day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Mrtaye: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

Who born any idiot beat Olosha. If them born their papa make them comot. Oba don give his order over his land

Oba Elegushi is educated and a retired Police chief, so if you think he is bluffing try him

Last last any fool wey comot na grind them go grind him head use do soap for boys wey want buy Benz

Stop lying oniru is the former police chief and not elegushi haha naw se ogun laiye ni
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Mrtaye: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2023
SporaD8:

From Elegushi to Epe, the Oro festival is an annual rite with date always fixed at March(this year is not an exception).
Unfortunately, the Guber election date was shifted to coincide with the Oro date!
It's just like people insisting that Easter should not hold again because FG shifted population censor date to coincide with Easter.
Fortunately though, the rites will end before 6am on Saturday. Election will not commence until after more than a couple of hours later.

Does Easter restrict movement?
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Reality3080: 10:37am On Mar 16, 2023
9jahotblog:
yes, to now fixed the rituals on the Election Day is highly wrong and out of place. The so called oba elegushi should be called to order. Electorates should come out and cast their votes.
same way u are now calling on international bodies after election n them no answer u is the same way u will want to call on them after your people gets missing n they will not answer u
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SlurUsername1: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2023
9jahotblog:
just try it on Saturday and see the beating of the so called Oro ritualists. They will all be beaten blue black. People dey vex

Pple dey vex but na only online Dem fit dey chant stolen mandate. If Dem born una well make una kom outside kom protest against the Election.
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by steeltrust: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

Ojuckwu talk pass this and 3 million still waste without any repercussions or consiquences

Na beg una still beg

Comot if na your papa born you, and post a thread on Nairaland
you and person de talk
You live talk carry am go a whole tribe and what happened during the civil war
What if the person you arguing with is Yoruba

You don’t like them and still you don’t want them to live

Can’t you make statements with out looking for the Igbo tribe in your context?
You daft sha oh
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by 0m0nnakoda: 10:46am On Mar 16, 2023
This is The that same Nairaland that they say you must swear you are a Muslim before you comment on Muslim matters
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 11:35am On Mar 16, 2023
Mrtaye:

Does Easter restrict movement?
Restrictions won't be necessary - there's a compulsory holiday.
Would you insist on going to public schools on Easter Sunday?!
On Fridays in mostly Muslim populated areas, Schools are closed earlier and Roads are blocked for Jumat service. People aren't complaining.
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Mrtaye: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2023
SporaD8:

Restrictions won't be necessary - there's a compulsory holiday.
Would you insist on going to public schools on Easter Sunday?!
On Fridays in mostly Muslim populated areas, Schools are closed earlier and Roads are blocked for Jumat service. People aren't complaining.
Whether or not it is a public holiday the fact is that there are people who would want to move as early as 4am just to be able to vote ...I respect culture and tradition but our civic duty as a nation supercedes and overrides the Oro.... logically it's supposed to be shifted till after election
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
Mrtaye:

Whether or not it is a public holiday the fact is that there are people who would want to move as early as 4am just to be able to vote ...I respect culture and tradition but our civic duty as a nation supercedes and overrides the Oro.... logically it's supposed to be shifted till after election
Since I was born and now I am getting old, I have never seen where Easter/Jumat service were shifted for anything... not even in war times. Election was shifted to that date remember?!
The last I checked, there's a curfew in place on election Eve. Any vagabond coming/going out 4am on election day will have both Oro and security agents to content with. Enough said.
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Mrtaye: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
SporaD8:

Since I was born and now I am getting old, I have never seen where Easter/Jumat service were shifted for anything... not even in war times. Election was shifted to that date remember?!
The last I checked, there's a curfew in place on election Eve. Any vagabond coming/going out 4am on election day will have both Oro and security agents to content with. Enough said.

Your analogy is not logical, Easter, Eid etc are enshrined and recognized by the Nigeria constitution and as such they have dates set aside as public holidays....is Oro in the constitution or did the federal government declare public holiday for oro....the civil duty is of more importance and overrides, supercedes the oro so in my candid opinion the oro should be postponed till next week and anything aside that is totally mischievous
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
Mrtaye:

Your analogy is not logical, Easter, Eid etc are enshrined and recognized by the Nigeria constitution and as such they have dates set aside as public holidays....is Oro in the constitution or did the federal government declare public holiday for oro....the civil duty is of more importance and overrides, supercedes the oro so in my candid opinion the oro should be postponed till next week and anything aside that is totally mischievous
Festivals, custom and culture are the foundation of Customary Court/law.
@bolded, Something that will commence on Thursday, runs through Friday and ends by 5:30am(within IG curfew) on Saturday, should be postponed for an event that won't start until earliest 8am on Saturday?!
And finally Considering that it was the election that was shifted to that date, obviously you're the mischievous one here.
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by limeta(f): 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
SporaD8:

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals open your eyes!" - Leonardo Davinci
Where is the sense in Halloween?
spin me the mystical significance of decorating your rooms with cobwebs(tinsel) on yuletide...
Selling out your indigenous heritage to embrace foreign bondage; that's the fundamental orifice of all rubbish!

Sophisticated slowpoke
Black stone worshipper
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
limeta:

Sophisticated slowpoke
Black stone worshipper
They said 'Let us pray.' You closed your eyes. When you opened them you had the Bible and they had your land. - Desmond Tutu.
That is the actual story of a sophisticated slowpoke!
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by Mrtaye: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
SporaD8:

Festivals, custom and culture are the foundation of Customary Court/law.
@bolded, Something that will commence on Thursday, runs through Friday and ends by 5:30am(within IG curfew) on Saturday, should be postponed for an event that won't start until earliest 8am on Saturday?!
And finally Considering that it was the election that was shifted to that date, obviously you're the mischievous one here.
Movement on election day stops by 6am...are you saying people can't move from 4am to 6am.....even more important events like gubernatorial election was postponed not to talk of a savagery oro....or are you saying oro is more important than the election ? hmmmm something is obviously sinister here
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
Mrtaye:

Movement on election day stops by 6am...are you saying people can't move from 4am to 6am.....even more important events like gubernatorial election was postponed not to talk of a savagery oro....or are you saying oro is more important than the election ? hmmmm something is obviously sinister here
#Say no to misinformation - it's 12am-6pm.
If an important event(visa interview) by 8am is really that much important to you and it will take 4hours journey, I'm absolutely certain you won't dare risk leaving by 4am rather you will leave the previous day and stay with someone or a hotel nearby.
Of course I know this isn't about how important, but to prove your Hallmark of disregard for constituted authority and dare anyone.
So suit yourself!
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by limeta(f): 6:08am On Mar 17, 2023
SporaD8:

They said 'Let us pray.' You closed your eyes. When you opened them you had the Bible and they had your land. - Desmond Tutu.
That is the actual story of a sophisticated slowpoke!

How did you get the koran
Men in black attires on horse back and a sword
By the next morning it was silence all the men are dead ,mothers,wives ,brides became objects.
Todays religion of piss .
Re: Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds by SporaD8: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2023
limeta:

How did you get the koran
Men in black attires on horse back and a sword
By the next morning it was silence all the men are dead ,mothers,wives ,brides became objects.
Todays religion of piss .
"Your fat Christians and your lean Moslem are but variable service — two dishes but to one table. That's the end." - Williams Shakespeare
Learn to cherish what you have for charity should begins at home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Of Obi's Call That Demystifies "Yes Daddy" Coming Up Shortly / What If IPOB Formed Alliance With Wagner Group / The VP - Goodluck Jonathan - Is Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.