Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

What To Expect If Obi Becomes President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What To Expect If Obi Becomes President (922 Views)

I Shouldn't Witness 2024 If Obi Wins Election - Northerner / My Name Will Become Goat If Peter Obi Becomes President - El-rufai's Son / Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 8:27am On Mar 16, 2023
The first time I noticed Obi was during his valedictory occassion, where he handed over to Obiano. He read out his achievements and concluded there had not been any politician known to me in the history of Nigeria that had such pedigree. Thereafter, I talked to people who cared to listen about him. Funny enough, he wasn't really noising about these whole thing while he was a governor and so nobody knew his works then, including me. The truth is that Nigerians only know governors for their antagonistic actions against the federal government, or the thug life they exhibit in the state, unless if they spend money on media advertising their works every now and then. But Obi did do any of those. I don't think Obi will spend huge funds making himself visible on the media. Unlike rivers state, as at 2012 at least, was spending about 400m every 2-3 months on media houses - I tell you this because I was somehow involved.

Let me tell you what will happen under Obi:
1. Stealing by aides will reduced by 50% in the first 6 months.
2. Inflation of contracts at the federal level will be cut down in the first 2 months.
3. Nigerian govt will be homogenous in terms of representation.
4. Youths will be at the fore
5. Women will have a place
6. Only people who can deliver will be at the helm of affairs
7. Officially, you may hear 'wife of the president', but rarely 'office of the First Lady'.
8. There will be many people in his govt that will seem to be resistant to his orders because he will appoint some people who are even stricter and better than him, who have the guts to tell him no. But that will not disrupt his government.
9.The big dirty politicians will fight dirty and this means spending ample time in his first 2 years or more of his reign fighting battles.
10. But Nigerians will come to his aid on this and face those corrupt heads.
11. Things will start working in Nigeria, like getting an International passport will become less of a challenge. People will claim it is because of reduction in japa rate, but no. It will be because the process would have been trimmed. Bribery will drastically be cut down.
12. Lawmakers will attempt to impeach him if he tries to cut down their salaries, which he will attempt to do. Nigerians will rise in his defence. Before he does this, he will start with the presidency. People in his cabinet will not be a corruptly wealthy as previous governments.
13. Nigeria's revenue will jump up astronomically.
14. Our debts will be cleared before he hands over.
15. The road from Port harcourt to Enugu will become a smooth ride.
16. Many new roads will appear in Nigeria.
17. The railway system will be functional all over Nigeria.
18. Calabar and Port Harcourt seaports will become very busy.
19. At least one more seaport will be built.
20. Electricity will be demystified in Nigeria and people will wonder why previous governments never got it right.
21. There will be federal government presence in sambisa forest, I mean, sambisa forest will become a money-generating asset to Nigeria.
22. The next elections will be about 98^ credible and Nigerians in Diaspora will vote.
23. The ban on overseas medical tourism by government officials will stop. Yes there will be a ban, except special cases where the president will approve, but that's not the main reason, there will be abroad-standard hospitals in Nigeria (spread all over the country sponsored by the federal government)
24. Nigerian balance of trade will tilt in Nigeria's favour
25. The menace of fulani herdsmen will drastically reduce.
26. kidnapping will almost end
27. Nnamdi Kanu and his group will criticise the federal government so much.
28. People won't know but Obi will secretly higher people to criticize him to keep him on his toes. So everyone you see criticising him won't be out of hate.
29. Educational standards in our university will improve and many foreigners will troop to Nigeria to study.
30. People will be proud and prudent spending their own money, because free money go reduce.
31. NDDC will be cleaned up and the ND states will know what it means to enjoy the dividends of oil in ND.
32. The restructuring of Nigeria will lead to competition amongst the states and so people's lives will naturally be positively impacted.
33. Political office holders will now want to be showing working to remain relevant, and they will start this from inception of office.

Make I stop here first. You fit add anything you feel like. Make sure you don't insult anyone on this thread, just make your comments and pass, or pass without making any. The above are my opinions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by helinues: 8:30am On Mar 16, 2023
Tap tap tap

It's morning, wake up from your slumbering. Obi should try his luck in 2027

7 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by IVORY2009(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2023
helinues:
Tap tap tap

It's morning, wake up from your slumbering. Obi should try his luck in 2027

Wait for the tribunal
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by helinues: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2023
IVORY2009:

Wait for the tribunal

We are busy preparing for the inauguration day, what's my own with tribunal when the outcome there won't change the status quo

3 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Patriot9: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2023
IVORY2009:

Wait for the tribunal
Tribunal?
Lolz.

Even pdp has withdrawn.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by gidgiddy: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2023
Should Obi become President, the only thing his political enemies enemies will remember is that he is an Igbo man, running an Igbo Presidency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2023
Patriot9:

Tribunal?
Lolz.

Even pdp has withdrawn.
No, pdp did not withdraw. Read am carefully.
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by helinues: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2023
Patriot9:

Tribunal?
Lolz.

Even pdp has withdrawn.

You dey mind those who arrived to the party late.

While others are preparing for better Nigeria ahead they are still wallowing in the election lose.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by helinues: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2023
gidgiddy:
Should Obi become President, the only thing his political enemies enemies will remember is that he is an Igbo man, running an Igbo Presidency

President of Biafra right cos you never believed in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by sulakishop(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2023
What a dream!

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by ruffhandu: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2023
You think he can accomplish all you listed up there? That's like moving upstream.

1 Like

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Patriot9: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2023
Lionize:

Pdp is withdrawing provided inec allow them to inspect the materials used for the election.
What does it tell you ?

You know when you have been beaten blue black and you quickly retreat because you want to and call your brother grin

1 Like

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Patriot9: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2023
Lionize:

Pdp is withdrawing provided inec allow them to inspect the materials used for the election.
What does it tell you ?

You know when you have been beaten blue black and you quickly retreat because you want to and call your brother grin .

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by gidgiddy: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2023
helinues:

President of Biafra right cos you never believed in Nigeria.

Theres no Nigeria worth believing in
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Houseontherock1: 8:45am On Mar 16, 2023
You guys should stop expecting anything from Nigerian politicians! They are just there to partake of the national cake, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Patriot9:

What does it tell you ?

You know when you have been beaten blue black and you quickly retreat because you want to and call your brother grin .
No, pdp only withdrew the suit compelling inec to let them inspect the materials because inec wasn't obeying that part. But just then, Inec called them for a meeting and assured they would allow them inspect the materials. So pdp said no need wasting the time of the court even hearing that particular case, so they withdrew it. They did not withdraw from contesting the credibility of the presidential election.
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by helinues: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2023
gidgiddy:

Theres no Nigeria worth believing in

And still expecting Obi to become the president of the same Nigeria.

Gidgiddy, stop this confusion now

3 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Mylove55(f): 8:49am On Mar 16, 2023
IVORY2009:

Wait for the tribunal
tribunal will reduce more votes from obi vote,
Election did not hold in south east, and obi get 97% , atiku 2% and tinubu 1%,
And idiotic pigs still believe tinubu rigged the 1%,

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2023
Houseontherock1:
You guys should stop expecting anything from Nigerian politicians! They are just there to partake of the national cake, nothing more.
No bro, we don't have any other country. Even if we take up citizenship abroad, we still link up to our roots, and our descendants will know that, even if they don't visit that often. Someday we will return home. This seems to be an opportunity to start forcibly right all the wrongs and decays so far. Now you can imagine inec awarding contract to a guber candidate to print ballot papers at a very inflated price. These are the things we seek an end to. I believe Nigeria can be good. I believe anything is possible in life, it may cost time, energy, lives, resources of any sort. But anything is possible.
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by raskymonojendor: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2023
Campaigning after election.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2023
This is no campaign but just stating the obvious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by ganisucks(f): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2023
helinues:

We are busy preparing for the inauguration day, what's my own with tribunal when the outcome there won't change the status quo
Make sure you do not borrow money, thinking you will hammer in a supposed Tinubu government. Wait until your eggs hatch, before counting how many chicks you have. If you borrow billions, and tribunal and Supreme Court disappoint you, don't come here to beg NL to convince your debtors to give you debt relief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Vinnie2000(m): 9:44am On Mar 16, 2023
Lionize:
The first time I noticed Obi was during his valedictory occassion, where he handed over to Obiano. He read out his achievements and concluded there had not been any politician known to me in the history of Nigeria that had such pedigree. Thereafter, I talked to people who cared to listen about him. Funny enough, he wasn't really noising about these whole thing while he was a governor and so nobody knew his works then, including me. The truth is that Nigerians only know governors for their antagonistic actions against the federal government, or the thug life they exhibit in the state, unless if they spend money on media advertising their works every now and then. But Obi did do any of those. I don't think Obi will spend huge funds making himself visible on the media. Unlike rivers state, as at 2012 at least, was spending about 400m every 2-3 months on media houses - I tell you this because I was somehow involved.

Let me tell you what will happen under Obi:
1. Stealing by aides will reduced by 50% in the first 6 months.
2. Inflation of contracts at the federal level will be cut down in the first 2 months.
3. Nigerian govt will be homogenous in terms of representation.
4. Youths will be at the fore
5. Women will have a place
6. Only people who can deliver will be at the helm of affairs
7. Officially, you may hear 'wife of the president', but rarely 'office of the First Lady'.
8. There will be many people in his govt that will seem to be resistant to his orders because he will appoint some people who are even stricter and better than him, who have the guts to tell him no. But that will not disrupt his government.
9.The big dirty politicians will fight dirty and this means spending ample time in his first 2 years or more of his reign fighting battles.
10. But Nigerians will come to his aid on this and face those corrupt heads.
11. Things will start working in Nigeria, like getting an International passport will become less of a challenge. People will claim it is because of reduction in japa rate, but no. It will be because the process would have been trimmed. Bribery will drastically be cut down.
12. Lawmakers will attempt to impeach him if he tries to cut down their salaries, which he will attempt to do. Nigerians will rise in his defence. Before he does this, he will start with the presidency. People in his cabinet will not be a corruptly wealthy as previous governments.
13. Nigeria's revenue will jump up astronomically.
14. Our debts will be cleared before he hands over.
15. The road from Port harcourt to Enugu will become a smooth ride.
16. Many new roads will appear in Nigeria.
17. The railway system will be functional all over Nigeria.
18. Calabar and Port Harcourt seaports will become very busy.
19. At least one more seaport will be built.
20. Electricity will be demystified in Nigeria and people will wonder why previous governments never got it right.
21. There will be federal government presence in sambisa forest, I mean, sambisa forest will become a money-generating asset to Nigeria.
22. The next elections will be about 98^ credible and Nigerians in Diaspora will vote.
23. The ban on overseas medical tourism by government officials will stop. Yes there will be a ban, except special cases where the president will approve, but that's not the main reason, there will be abroad-standard hospitals in Nigeria (spread all over the country sponsored by the federal government)
24. Nigerian balance of trade will tilt in Nigeria's favour
25. The menace of fulani herdsmen will drastically reduce.
26. kidnapping will almost end
27. Nnamdi Kanu and his group will criticise the federal government so much.
28. People won't know but Obi will secretly higher people to criticize him to keep him on his toes. So everyone you see criticising him won't be out of hate.
29. Educational standards in our university will improve and many foreigners will troop to Nigeria to study.
30. People will be proud and prudent spending their own money, because free money go reduce.
31. NDDC will be cleaned up and the ND states will know what it means to enjoy the dividends of oil in ND.
32. The restructuring of Nigeria will lead to competition amongst the states and so people's lives will naturally be positively impacted.
33. Political office holders will now want to be showing working to remain relevant, and they will start this from inception of office.

Make I stop here first. You fit add anything you feel like. Make sure you don't insult anyone on this thread, just make your comments and pass, or pass without making any. The above are my opinions.

Spot on! 👍👍

Most of Peter Obi's reign as Anambra was spent Tackling CORRUPT POLITICAL APPOINTEES within his own Govt! 😕 undecided

Pple who wants to Milk the State's Treasury Dry like Okowa and Oborevwori in Delta State has done! embarassed
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by helinues: 9:45am On Mar 16, 2023
ganisucks:

Make sure you do not borrow money, thinking you will hammer in a Tinubu government. Wait until your eggs hatch, before counting how many chicks you have. If you borrow billions, and tribunal and Supreme Court disappoint you, don't come here to beg NL to convince your debtors to give you debt relief.

Borrow money when I spent less than $150 celebrating last week. It was for the Muslim Muslim ticket suggestions/analysis with no influence anywhere.

Obi's supporters should stop using their present life situation to be judging others. Na you people dey claim of being the richest in Nigeria yet na you still dey complain of being marginalized.

Make una stop confusing thunder now.

We are not a lazy ass to be expecting gov to put food on my table

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by ganisucks(f): 9:47am On Mar 16, 2023
helinues:

Borrow money when I spent less than $150 celebrating last week. It was for the Muslim Muslim ticket suggestions/analysis with no influence anywhere.

Obi's supporters should stop using their present life situation to be judging others. Na you people dey claim of being the richest in Nigeria yet na you still dey complain of being marginalized.

Make una stop confusing thunder now.

We are not a lazy ass to be expecting gov to put food on my table

Okay.
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by chamboi1: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2023
Can we talk about this his anambra achievements. Like everything he did are like what a secondary school headboy will do.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2023
chamboi1:
Can we talk about this his anambra achievements. Like everything he did are like what a secondary school headboy will do.
First, study the reason he was impeached twice as a governor.
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by chamboi1: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2023
Lionize:

First, study the reason he was impeached twice as a governor.
I have done holistic study and I can't make out any sense from his administration.

Please "shut @ SITE" LAW or what??

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Reality3080: 10:00am On Mar 16, 2023
IVORY2009:

Wait for the tribunal
so tribunal will declare obi winner?

On what ground?

He didn’t have d highest number of votes n he didn’t have national spread

Waiting for obi to n declared winner is like waiting for a ship at an airport

All odds are against him

1 Like

Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Lionize: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2023
For those saying Obi didn't get the highest number of votes, please watch Atedo Peterside's interview few days ago.
Re: What To Expect If Obi Becomes President by Chikarata2020(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2023
He will change the scenario if he bcms the Gcfr. But the forces of darkness in this country won't let him, anyway he is not back down either

(1) (2) (Reply)

Notice!!! Any Where You See Labour Party, Comment Igbo Party 100% / Labour Party Are Looking For Mandate Without Presidential Flag Bearer / Seun Kuti's Charge Sheet Offence !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.