Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. (32322 Views)

AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by seanwilliam(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
Chai . He should just be giving estimated figures next time sha

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Raf4: 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Lambarious talkative.
......can lie for Africa.
...............wannabe statistician
.......................low budget orator
................................well packaged fraud.

Lamba lamba gburugburu of agulu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Hangulsaram: 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
Please this people should also fact-check the results INEC announce and posted for us please and Tinubu’s background.

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by boxypane(m): 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
Fut9ure:
If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is not aware of his environment with parkinson disease but you want this same man to head over 220 million Nigerians then may you and your family know no peace

If you pretend not to know what we passed through in the hands of Buhari with his incessant travel for medical check up to the extent that the whole country was complaining and even the yorubas were saying he should hand over to a young vibrant Osinbajo then may you and children know no peace
There's an issue on ground, a fact checking one, you leave that one come enter express wey nor relate n people dey like you? My dear, them just dey carry you play.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by beardedboy(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

See your life, ok. I dash you retarded grannies to rule over you and your lineage.

We can't accept RUBBISH.
They're also ruling over you and your lineage.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Ingocof(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
naptu2:

https://cddfactcheck.org/?p=19603

The full interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRTBOuw44xs

Only God knows how many lies this guy called Peter Obi Pandora fed Ndi Anambra during his days as the governor of the state, no wonder his lies have become part and parcel of their lives, they don't seem to see anything strange about his lies.
Sorry to Ipobians.

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by SmartGadgetz: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
beardedboy:

They're also ruling over you and your lineage.

To me they old retard don't exist. He is just an internet character and a mocking bird. Take him to be your lord and saviour.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by jconsulting(f): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
Fut9ure:
If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is not aware of his environment with parkinson disease but you want this same man to head over 220 million Nigerians then may you and your family know no peace

If you pretend not to know what we passed through in the hands of Buhari with his incessant travel for medical check up to the extent that the whole country was complaining and even the yorubas were saying he should hand over to a young vibrant Osinbajo then may you and children know no peace

All these curses will meet and overtake you the curser
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Alezy(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Shut up, Hypocrite sentimental Wailer, who do you think that you are deceiving with this your crocodile tears epistle?
I know you left your sense with your slave master so you can't even comprehend what I wrote.

I won't give you cheap PR. So get lost

Poverty stinking mugu.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by perrychemical: 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
TrumpDonald2:
This is very funny. I think this verification was done from a biased opinion from the onset probably by a Thieffnubu urchin.

The verdict on the second claim concerning the number of Nigerians living in abject poverty is totally biased. What is the meaning of the word 'estimate'? Both the NBS and Obi are both making estimates. So why should Obi's estimate be judged as false when the NBS has failed to provide data (fact) but also estimate?

The verdict on the third claim could stand on the grounds that Obi used the word 'highest'. But any progressive minded Nigerian should understand that for a country like Nigeria to be in league with Sierra Leone, Central African Republic and Somalia on infant mortality, then it's as good as having the highest. Also, not forgetting that these are all estimates. Nigeria being more populous could actually be having a higher number.

Now, for the verdict on the sixth claim, whether he used 90 percent or 70 percent, the truth is that Obasanjo got his highest votes from the south East and that is the point he was trying to make although he got the percentage wrong.

I won't go ahead with the rest because it's not worth the stress. I have come to observe that the verification is done not to learn or verify but to find a reason or two to call HE Peter Obi a liar.

Peter Obi is a politician with a difference. He is not a saint but he is better than Thieffnubu at the moment. The fact that he has an idea about the happenings around the world shows that he's actually reading. To be a good leader, you must be a good reader. We have never been able to verify anything about a certain candidate who hijacked the elections. I and all Obidients are strongly behind him as he fights to return power to the hands of the people.

God bless His Excellency Peter Obi
Nigeria's true president-elect

Charman, this guy should stop quoting statistics, he is just too much of him. He should talk more of solution with data that he is quoting. What is the essence of quoting statistics without any solution in sight.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by focus7: 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
So, of all the claims of Obi in AriseTV only one is accurate.

Peter Obi has overtaken the devil in lying.

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by TristanX: 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
KingKO22:
This guy should rest and enjoy his old age in peace

Must he impress IPOB with lies

Abeg go and rest Mr man

Same way bala blu should go and rest. He mustn't impress APC urchins like u with his CORN-fusion
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by TristanX: 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
Faber:
coolI am waiting for fact check on whether Peter Obi get prick that's the only fact-checking remaining now...

Abeg make una return his stolen mandate and stop fooling yourselves and the entire country. Mad people everywhere.

Thunder fire Nigeria

Proudly Canadian 🇨🇦🍁✌️(The True North Strong and Free)

I wonder why he's the only one being fact checked

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by TristanX: 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
Parachoko:

If I interview Pandora, he will run away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEg0EPJM4SE

Look at the way the incompetent Him Tu Lie disgrace himself here

How can a dumb APC urchins interview PO?

Till u have stopped licking Tinubu's urine stained ass then I will believe u.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by potent5(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
We select the one we want to verify sir grin
Benddown select. grin
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by OlawaleBammie: 1:44am On Mar 17, 2023
grin grin
potent5:

Benddown select. grin
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Lightorder: 1:54am On Mar 17, 2023
FACT CHECK ; tell us his name is not Peter Obi.

kindly return his mandate to him and keep your facts
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by ogatboy(m): 2:42am On Mar 17, 2023
How can you be fact checking against 2021 statistics. These fact checkers are so lazy.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by ycat: 2:54am On Mar 17, 2023
Peter Obi is a liar just like his people.
I can't read a long post but I hope one of his lies that Abiola won all Igboland is included.

There were 4 igbo states then
Tofa won 3
Abiola won 1
naptu2:

https://cddfactcheck.org/?p=19603

The full interview

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Trapnews: 2:57am On Mar 17, 2023
TrumpDonald2:
This is very funny. I think this verification was done from a biased opinion from the onset probably by a Thieffnubu urchin.

The verdict on the second claim concerning the number of Nigerians living in abject poverty is totally biased. What is the meaning of the word 'estimate'? Both the NBS and Obi are both making estimates. So why should Obi's estimate be judged as false when the NBS has failed to provide data (fact) but also estimate?

The verdict on the third claim could stand on the grounds that Obi used the word 'highest'. But any progressive minded Nigerian should understand that for a country like Nigeria to be in league with Sierra Leone, Central African Republic and Somalia on infant mortality, then it's as good as having the highest. Also, not forgetting that these are all estimates. Nigeria being more populous could actually be having a higher number.

Now, for the verdict on the sixth claim, whether he used 90 percent or 70 percent, the truth is that Obasanjo got his highest votes from the south East and that is the point he was trying to make although he got the percentage wrong.

I won't go ahead with the rest because it's not worth the stress. I have come to observe that the verification is done not to learn or verify but to find a reason or two to call HE Peter Obi a liar.

Peter Obi is a politician with a difference. He is not a saint but he is better than Thieffnubu at the moment. The fact that he has an idea about the happenings around the world shows that he's actually reading. To be a good leader, you must be a good reader. We have never been able to verify anything about a certain candidate who hijacked the elections. I and all Obidients are strongly behind him as he fights to return power to the hands of the people.

You are one of the enemies of this country and you will burn!

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by ycat: 3:02am On Mar 17, 2023
How much was N8,000 to $ then and how much is it now? Still in the same ballpark after adjusted for inflation like it is all over the world.
whippersnapper:
how did he and PDP destroy Nigeria. please take us back to that time when we bought a bag of rice 8k.fool.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Kabirudeen25(m): 4:00am On Mar 17, 2023
obawinner:
The queen of England dies, they scream victimization.
June 12 annulments of a Southwestern candidates, the Igbos also claimed they are then biggest victims. grin grin grin
Being a Victims no dey tire una
And in your mind now you have made sense o. Smh
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Schifo: 4:44am On Mar 17, 2023
@TrumpDonald2, why bother responding to lost souls. They should continue ‘circling the airport, instead of landing the plane ‘ . I feel sad and worried for the young ones who have a lot to loose . Nigeria is about to implode . The system of criminality and respect to the rule of law will surely hit everyone . The verifiers should keep dancing, instead of conveying accurate information .

TrumpDonald2:

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Reportbutton: 5:04am On Mar 17, 2023
whippersnapper:
how did he and PDP destroy Nigeria. please take us back to that time when we bought a bag of rice 8k.fool.
The two ido..its who birthed you are the fools here..
Pvssy slave. 😂😆

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by beardedboy(m): 5:53am On Mar 17, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

To me they old retard don't exist. He is just an internet character and a mocking bird. Take him to be your lord and saviour.
Whatever helps you sleep better.
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by todugo(m): 6:10am On Mar 17, 2023
madridguy:
Obi Pandora himself, the chief entertainer of 2023 election. grin

Meanwhile, the stat below is really worrisome and our government need to work on this.

Claim X: “Life expectancy in the US is 72.5 years, in Nigeria, it is 54.

Verification: According to the most recent data (2021) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Americans have an average life expectancy of 76.4 years, while Nigerians have an average life expectancy of 53 years World Bank (2020). UN projections for 2021 and 2022, also show Obi’s claim is inaccurate.
The figures he gave and that you gave are not much different. So where is the lie?

2 Likes

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by 9jaRealist: 6:34am On Mar 17, 2023
naptu2:
https://cddfactcheck.org/?p=19603The full interview

DUMB partisanship masquerading as “fact checking”…

The number of Nigerians living in extreme poverty is variously estimated at 88m, 98m and 105m, and therefore can be put at a median of about 95 million. https://guardian.ng/news/nigerians-living-in-extreme-poverty-now-105-million/

Furthermore, Peter Obi likely was relying on the WORLD BANK’s estimate of 95.1 Nigerians living in extreme poverty in 2022.
https://www.dataphyte.com/latest-reports/number-of-poor-persons-in-nigeria-to-rise-to-95-1-million-in-2022/

Nonetheless, instead of splitting hairs, Nigerians and the Nigerian government should be THOROUGHLY ASHAMED whether the more reliable ESTIMATE (emphasis added because these are actually estimated numbers, not absolutes).

Sadly, so many Nigerians specialize in chasing SHADOWS in derogation of substance! Peter Obi’s SUBSTANTIVE points were that we are headed in the WRONG DIRECTION on multiple fronts, but these lot are apparently celebrating we’re 4th (not Ist) in infant mortality. SMH
>
Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by Afromentalist: 6:53am On Mar 17, 2023
Even if we agree with you about his data being estimates, there are still about 60% of his claims that are false. Not good enough.
9jaRealist:

DUMB partisanship masquerading as “fact checking”…

The number of Nigerians living in extreme poverty is variously estimated at 88m, 98m and 105m, and therefore can be put at a median of about 95 million. https://guardian.ng/news/nigerians-living-in-extreme-poverty-now-105-million/

Furthermore, Peter Obi likely was relying on the WORLD BANK’s estimate of 95.1 Nigerians living in extreme poverty in 2022.
https://www.dataphyte.com/latest-reports/number-of-poor-persons-in-nigeria-to-rise-to-95-1-million-in-2022/

Nonetheless, instead of splitting hairs, Nigerians and the Nigerian government should be THOROUGHLY ASHAMED whether the more reliable ESTIMATE (emphasis added because these are actually estimated numbers, not absolutes).

Sadly, so many Nigerians specialize in chasing SHADOWS in derogation of substance! Peter Obi’s SUBSTANTIVE points were that we are headed in the WRONG DIRECTION on multiple fronts, but these lot are apparently celebrating we’re 4th (not Ist) in infant mortality. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by 9jaRealist: 7:00am On Mar 17, 2023
>
BTW, suffice it to point out that the World Bank puts Nigerians’ life expectancy at 55 years while the World Health Organization (WHO) has the same life expectancy of Nigerians as 63 years - because these figures are all ESTIMATES.

https://www.dataphyte.com/latest-reports/health/nigerias-life-expectancy-rates-have-increased-in-the-last-2-decades-despite-many-odds/

Cherry-picking “facts” from sources that serve a narrow agenda is INTELLECTUALLY FRAUDULENT! SMH

>

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by TrumpDonald2: 7:03am On Mar 17, 2023
Trapnews:

You are one of the enemies of this country and you will burn!

After you and your entire family. smiley

1 Like

Re: CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. by 9jaRealist: 7:07am On Mar 17, 2023
Afromentalist:
Even if we agree with you about his data being estimates, there are still about 60% of his claims that are false. Not good enough.

Classic case of being blinded by the trees and missing the forest… grin
He’s not an accountant, but was trying to make SUBSTANTIVE points about Nigeria’s decline (and the obtuse politicization of ethnicity).
>

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

David Hundeyin's Take On Seyi Tinubu's $11M UK Property- Offers More Insight. / UK Special Forces Operated Secretly In Nigeria – AOAV / Osinbajo, Ameachi, Lawan, Other APC Presidential Aspirants To Meet Over Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.