Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. (227 Views)

The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination! / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by justyhere: 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
I love God, don't get me wrong but living near a church is a no no. I currently live close to one and the discomfort is out of this world.
I have to be productive at work the next day but I can't sleep because of the deafening all-night service ongoing.
This fueled my decision to not rent my next apartment close to a church but somehow that decision makes me feel like I don't love God. Lol
I promise, I'm not a witch

1 Like

Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
justyhere:
I love God, don't get me wrong but living near a church is a no no. I currently live close to one and the discomfort is out of this world.
I have to be productive at work the next day but I can't sleep because of the deafening all-night service ongoing.
This fueled my decision to not rent my next apartment close to a church but somehow that decision makes me feel like I don't love God. Lol
God has nothing to do with those churches as they are, all of them, merely business enterprises, no different from your nightclubs and other social clubs out there. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by justyhere: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
Lol and I was here feeling like I should not be having such thoughts
Kobojunkie:
God has nothing to do with those churches as they are, all of them, merely business enterprises, no different from your nightclubs and other social clubs out there. undecided
Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
justyhere:
Lol and I was here feeling like I should not be having such thoughts
Those pastors and mogs are in business to make their money and build their kingdoms here on earth, so why should you condone their noise for free? undecided
Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by justyhere: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
Likeeeee? The noise of this world, sometimes I feel guilty that I'm trying to find sleep while they're blasting
Kobojunkie:
Those pastors and mogs are in business to make their money and build their kingdoms here on earth, so why should you condone their noise for free? undecided
Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
justyhere:
Likeeeee? The noise of this world, sometimes I feel guilty that I'm trying to find sleep while they're blasting
Why the guilt?
■Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build churches or disturb others using His name.
■He didn't even send anyone out to sing songs or praises to His name.
■He instructed them to only pray when they are in hiding and where no one else can hear or see them praying

So what is the reason for your guilt? undecided
Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by Janosky: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2023
justyhere:

Oga, find house to rent, sharing fence with kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses & enjoy your peace 24/7.
Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by majorgr: 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2023
Even me too don't want to live close to a church in Nigeria. Some Churches tend to be lawless just like the country. In another country that's noise pollution and they could be legally prosecuted. The bible say love your neighbours as you love your self, if they really love those around them which may or may not be Christians, then they should noise proof their buildings to prevent disturbing others and go along with their services. Some of the things we do inferring we are pleasing God in the name of church services are just pure ignorance and God will definitely judge that too. Later if the government come for them that people are complaining about noise they will say they are being persecuted. I've been to other church services abroad and really I came to understand that God is not hard of hearing, meetings are usually organised in a cool, calm, recollective worship and preaching services and you'd see the evidence that truly God is in their midst. Infact one British man told me that one day he went to visit an African church the exuberance was so much, so much noise, dancing etc but you can hardly find God there...
Re: I Love God But I Wouldn't Want To Live Close To A Church. by Janosky: 10:22am On Mar 18, 2023
majorgr:
Even me too don't want to live close to a church in Nigeria. Some Churches tend to be lawless just like the country. In another country that's noise pollution and they could be legally prosecuted. The bible say love your neighbours as you love your self, if they really love those around them which may or may not be Christians, then they should noise proof their buildings to prevent disturbing others and go along with their services. Some of the things we do inferring we are pleasing God in the name of church services are just pure ignorance and God will definitely judge that too. Later if the government come for them that people are complaining about noise they will say they are being persecuted. I've been to other church services abroad and really I came to understand that God is not hard of hearing, meetings are usually organised in a cool, calm, recollective worship and preaching services and you'd see the evidence that truly God is in their midst. Infact one British man told me that one day he went to visit an African church the exuberance was so much, so much noise, dancing etc but you can hardly find God there...

Please Walk into a kingdom hall tomorrow and note the difference.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Ikuru Bags "Prophetic Hero Of Democracy Award / Who Is Your Father? / Has Jesus Already Come Back The Second Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.