Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust (1782 Views)

Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter / Peter Obi: Why Buhari Is Yet To Form His Cabinet Weeks After Swearing-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Oluwatoyink(m): 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
President-elect Bola Tinubu has reacted to reports that he is considering Government of National Unity, saying “my aim is higher than that”.

The President-elect said this via a statement he personally issued on Thursday.

Tinubu, who described himself as the servant of a larger purpose, said his team and himself have been daily engaged in discussions and meetings refining solutions so that his administration could begin actively working toward the common good the first day he assumes office.

He said: As your incoming president, I accept the task before me. There has been talk of a government of national unity. My aim is higher than that. I seek a government of national competence. In selecting my government, I shall not be weighed down by considerations extraneous to ability and performance. The day for political gamesmanship is long gone.

“I shall assemble competent men and women and young people from across Nigeria to build a safer, more prosperous, and just Nigeria. There shall be young people. Women shall be prominent. Whether your faith leads you to pray in a church or mosque will not determine your place in government. Character and competence will.

“To secure our nation and to make it prosperous must be our top priorities. We cannot sacrifice these goals to political expediencies. The whims of politics must take a backseat to the imperatives of governance.

“We have bridges and roads to build not just for commerce and travel but to connect people of different faiths, parties, and different outlooks in harmonious dialogue and common purpose.

“We have families to feed not just to eliminate hunger but to nurture enlightenment, civic responsibility, and compassion.

“We have jobs to create not merely to put people to work but to afford all a better standard of living by which families and communities are improved and democracy deepened.

“We have water to replenish not just to quench physical thirst but to ignite a thirst for creative and better solutions to society’s challenges. We have a nation to protect such that we eliminate danger and even the fear of danger. May all of our people be able to live their lives in the light of peace and the glow of broadening prosperity,” Tinubu stated.

Tinubu said an important step toward restoring economic normalcy has been taken by the Supreme Court’s judgement on the naira redesign policy, noting that the order has restored both the rule of law and economic decency.

“But this is not the end of the story. It is merely the beginning of a more comprehensive solution to our economic challenges.

“Our Renewed Hope Action Plan outlines goals for greater economic growth in our cities and rural communities. We are committed to an economy of double-digit GDP growth, greater food security, and one with a strengthened manufacturing base as well as an active digital economy where young people will have ample space to fulfill their dreams and aspiration,” he added.

He urged Nigerians to embrace and work with his government, reaching out to those who did not support him in the election.

“Those who voted for me, I ask that you continue to believe in our policies and plans for the country. I also ask that you reach out to your brothers and sisters who did not vote as you did. Extend to them the hand of friendship, reconciliation, and togetherness.

“To those of you who did not vote for me, I ask you to believe in Nigeria and in the capacity of your fellow citizens, even those who voted differently than you. The better Nigeria I seek is not just for me and my supporters. It is equally yours.

“I do not ask you to abandon your political preferences. That would be undemocratic. I do beseech you to answer the call of patriotic duty as the loyal opposition.

“Remain loyal to the cause of a greater, more tolerant, and just Nigeria. I too shall keep faith with this objective.

“If we all play our proper roles, we shall begin the task of rebuilding our national home together, day by day, brick by brick notwithstanding our political differences.”

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-tinubu-speaks-on-his-cabinet-rejects-government-of-national-unity/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Aufbauh(m): 11:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
This man Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a born democrat and a true leader by default.

This is the first time we'll be having a president who's groomed, nurtured and prepared for the job.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by LegendHero(m): 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
Jagaban of Nigeria.

The president elect of the federal republic of Nigeria has spoken.

The first task I want Mr. President to embark on is to order shoot at sight on all IPOB terrorists no matter where they reside. Mr president should have gotten the details that IPOB is now the 10th deadliest terrorists in the world.

We must eradicate IPOB, Bandits, and Boko Haram completely because we need maximum security to bring the renewed hope to Nigerians.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by forgiveness: 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
BAT is strategizing.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Dapson73(m): 11:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
We believe in your competence and capacity for a greater Nigeria.

All true Nigerians irrespective of political preferences wish Asiwaju well in the tasks ahead.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by yarimo(m): 12:05am On Mar 17, 2023
grin grin grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by sat70: 12:13am On Mar 17, 2023
Obi should learn from his father Tinubu. He kuku said he's like a father to him

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Ofunaofu: 12:34am On Mar 17, 2023
Aufbauh:

This is the first time we'll be having a president who's groomed, nurtured and prepared for the job.

Tinubu is neither a born Democrat, a true leader nor a progressive

Tinubu is a notorious Narcotic drug trafficker who funnelled the entire common wealth of Lagosians into his private pocket

Tinubu make use of thugs and hoodlums to win elections and they go about snatching ballot boxes, threatening voters, causing disruptions here and there

it is on record that Tinubu, the APC, his supporters and urchins ran the most tribally and ethnically divisive campaign ever witnessed in the history of this country

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Throwback: 12:44am On Mar 17, 2023
When you are ready, you hit the ground running.

When you are unready, you dash off to Egypt to learn about private power that your opponent already implemented in Lagos over 20yrs earlier.

It would have been a federal tragedy to miss out on the genius called Tinubu.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Penguin2: 12:52am On Mar 17, 2023
It’s not by putting out statement that sounds poetic…

Get ready to return the mandate of the people you stole.

Onye ala!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by totit: 1:12am On Mar 17, 2023
LegendHero:
Jagaban of Nigeria.

The president elect of the federal republic of Nigeria has spoken.

The first task I want Mr. President to embark on is to order shoot at sight on all IPOB terrorists no matter where they reside. Mr president should have gotten the details that IPOB is now the 10th deadliest terrorists in the world.

We must eradicate IPOB, Bandits, and Boko Haram completely because we need maximum security to bring the renewed hope to Nigerians.

The bolded is what I can't wait to see, those empty heads and bunch of idiot without purpose and something to live for in life must be get rid off and or erased totally out of existence so that the country can be at peace and their empty noise can be put to rest.

Shoot-at-sight order must be put into consideration. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Poanan: 1:18am On Mar 17, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Tinubu is a notorious Narcotic drug trafficker who funnelled the entire common wealth of Lagosians into his private pocket

Tinubu make use of thugs and hoodlums to win elections and they go about snatching ballot boxes, threatening voters, causing disruptions here and there

it is on record that Tinubu, the APC, his supporters and urchins ran the most tribally and ethnically divisive campaign ever witnessed in the history of this country
Avoid heavily sponsored thread. These are the ones on night shift, there is no need to comment here.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by raskymonojendor: 1:19am On Mar 17, 2023
Ofunaofu:

14th November, 2022

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by LegendHero(m): 1:27am On Mar 17, 2023
totit:

The bolded is what I can't wait to see, those empty heads and bunch of idiot without purpose and something to live for in life must be get rid off and or erased totally out of existence so that the country can be at peace and their empty noise can be put to rest.

Shoot-at-sight order must be put into consideration. grin cheesy

God bless you comrade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:56am On Mar 17, 2023
Aufbauh:

You can say that again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Aufbauh(m): 5:14am On Mar 17, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Ndo! I can relate with your frustration and agony but remember that TIME truly heals.

However the President-elect (Jagaban) has this message for you: “I do not ask you to abandon your eluu pee. That would be undemocratic. I do beseech you to answer the call of patriotic duty by avoiding the temptation of screeming Biafra or death as a loyal opposition ".

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Ofunaofu: 5:14am On Mar 17, 2023
Poanan:

Avoid heavily sponsored thread. These are the ones on night shift, there is no need to comment here.

Noted

Thanks bro
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by HydraFeeds(m): 5:21am On Mar 17, 2023
God bless Tinubu .
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by benuejosh: 5:56am On Mar 17, 2023
I fear who no love this man.
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by tunwumi: 6:09am On Mar 17, 2023
Hummm, strong word
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by IVORY2009(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2023
Someone that would soon be removed from office, he will be the first to be removed.
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by madridguy(m): 6:37am On Mar 17, 2023
Wake up from your slumber bro. Jagaban is your president.

IVORY2009:
Someone that would soon be removed from office, he will be the first to be removed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Benwallt(m): 6:41am On Mar 17, 2023
Nigeria is about to take off. We all gonna enjoy smooth flight for once under jagaban. Obasanjo don rest?
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Racoon(m): 6:42am On Mar 17, 2023
Guess the fraudulent INEC-beqeathed Presidency?
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by AdaojoTheUrchin: 6:45am On Mar 17, 2023
Aufbauh:

Let him translate to Yoruba and preach to his killer thugs like MC Oluomo and co. like you who are threatening voters in Lagos and stop deceiving people.

MC Oluomo had threatened voters severally and attacked others during the last election. He has released a video threatening voters abs asking you APC thugs to destroy any polling unit wherever they are losing ..

Why has he not been arrested, is he above the law?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by IVORY2009(m): 6:54am On Mar 17, 2023
madridguy:
Wake up from your slumber bro. Jagaban is your president.

Inec president I guess
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by Ismahill(m): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2023
Won ma npe mi ni JAGABAN
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by savcy(m): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2023
Too much talk from man who has a court case. He's only just going to make his defeat at the courts more excruciating. He best pipe down a bit and keep the talking low. If he really knew the one with whom he has a case, he would be a tad more careful.
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by madridguy(m): 7:05am On Mar 17, 2023
And who is to announce the winner?

IVORY2009:

Inec president I guess
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Cabinet - Daily Trust by IVORY2009(m): 7:06am On Mar 17, 2023
madridguy:
And who is to announce the winner?

Himself of course

(1) (2) (Reply)

Identify Of The Yoruba Man Behind A Hatefilled Tweet Against Igbos Revealed / Fashola, Ambode And Sanwo-olu Receive President Tinubu At State House, Marina / BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Zacch Adedeji FIRS’ Acting Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.