Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Need Help With This Script - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Need Help With This Script (785 Views)

movie Script 4sale It's Like Mr Ibu! Mehn You Need To See This Script) / Need Help With This Script / Despirate Hustler (is There Anyone Who Can Assist In Writting This Script? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With This Script by Briareos(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
Hello Guys,
PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO READ THIS POST TO THE END, I KNOW PEOPLE RUN AWAY FROM LONG POST LIKE PLAGUE.

I'm currently working on a script for a soap opera. Matter of fact, out of the intended 30 episodes, I've written over 20. I've even outlined the story from EP 01 to EP 30. The story concludes at EP 30, but that doesn't mean the story ends there. In fact, the story can continue as long as I can write because it circles around the lives of five non contemporary characters that are friends and are unique. And I introduce some really weird characters in a couple of episodes.

I don't want to sound pompous or blows my own trumpet, but to say the least, I know the story is different from what we are accustomed to in Nigeria. I've shown my friends, and they are all excited and screaming 'this is good', 'this is hot', but like I said, they are my friends; I don't expect them to say otherwise. I do not doubt their judgment, but I know they won't want to hurt my feelings and also, none of them is a writer or a scriptwriter, so a junk might probably look like a blockbuster no them. No pun intended!

This now brings me to one of the reasons I'm here. I need someone who can read the script, and give me a sound and accurate judgment. At no cost, that is. But the underlying problem to this 'help' is; how can I be sure the person won't steal my idea? I don't mean to hurt anybody's feeling, but we all know how things go in this country. I don't want to be a victim again.

Number two, how do I get a good producer to just read the script?

I've been googling my heads off, but I've not come up with anything. It seems it is easier to get your script to Hollywood, thanks to their numerous agents. And if I may add this: A Hollywood agent just requested for my feature length movie script that I submitted a query letter for. It's nothing yet, but, considering those agents get scripts from all over the world in thousands every day, for my script to even be considered is a boost for me. Hopefully, if my script is good enough for her, something will happen.

But this soap opera is for the Nigerian community only. At least, it is based on a Nigeria settings and environment.

Why making some little research, I came across a producer named Fidelis Duker. His works are good, and everything I've read about him indicates that he is more concerned about the development of Nollywood rather than making some crappy movie and making profit. Now, I didn't say he's not interested in profit.

I feel this man will be interested in my work. But the problem is getting to him. I've used all my skills on google to try and find a way to contact him albeit unsuccessful. Twitter; he has a profile, but he hasn't twitted a single tweet. Facebook; I'm sure that was opened ghostly for him, only achievements and no info on how to contact him.

So, I need the following help;
1- How can I get somebody to read my script and give me an accurate judgment on it? I'll prefer a very strict movie critic. *Who won't steal my idea*.
2- Does anyone know how I can get across to Fidelis Duker?
3- Are they any other producers that I can try to contact? Suggestion of names.
4- Does anyone have any other suggestion for me?

I attached a random scene to this post for anyone interested in helping out. Kindly note that the attached is just a scene, a single scene, and it's the only scene I could find that won't give away too much info. I'm sorry if I'm been uptight, but we've all heard the adage, 'once beaten' before. If anybody is interested to help out with the reading/editing and he/she is unsure if the work is worth his/her time, I can write a full episode containing all the characters, but it won't follow the story line, it will be a stand alone, and I will upload it.

ADDENDUM 1
I wrote the script formatted in standard Hollywood format. I don't know if Nollywood style is different. But the Hollywood style is great. With a balance mixture of action and dialogue, a page equals one minute of shooting time. It's great for timing!

ADDENDUM 2 (For people who download the attachment)
In the attached, did anybody notice how intelligent that woman, Tess is? She stylishly avoided all Max's question without him noticing. She's 46 y/o though. Max is one of the five friends. Can anybody say the type of human being he is?
What do you think of the dialogue?

I'm on my phone ryt nw, so I cant upload the attachment to this post, but the attachment can be found here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-761038.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Quote Of The Hour (6) / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Famous British Indie Author Joanna Penn Hosts Orikinla As Nigeria Mourns Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.