Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families (1938 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes Viviour: Ipob, Biafra Appoligist, And Anti-yoruba Bigot. Tweets / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread / Gbadegbo Vivour Rhodes Wins Lagos LP Guber Candidate Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by enemyofprogress: 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2023
There is a need to draw attention to the difference between the two families.
While the RHODES family are post slave trade generational Lagosians of Popo Aguda extraction the RHODES VIVOUR family are later day migrants from Opobo in Rivers State. Not that it matters much but it helps to understand the Pan Nigerian inclination of the Rhodes-Vivour.
The Rhodes family heritage is being confused and attributed to Rhodes Vivour in respect of City Hall Lagos without any attempt by the family to correct the wrong optics thereby passing off its own antecedents.

*This was sent to me Privately by an Aburo. I come in Peace ✌️*
Rubakoye.

2 Likes

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by oyatz(m): 12:32am On Mar 18, 2023
enemyofprogress:
While the RHODES family are post slave trade generational Lagosians of Popo Aguda extraction the RHODES VIVOUR family are later day migrants from Opobo in Rivers State. Not that it matters much but it helps to understand the Pan Nigerian inclination of the Rhodes-Vivour.
The Rhodes family heritage is being confused and attributed to Rhodes Vivour in respect of City Hall Lagos without any attempt by the family to correct the wrong optics thereby passing off its own antecedents.

Rubakoye.

I think the Rhodes-Vivour family is a sub-set of the larger Rhodes Family when one of the progenitors sojourned in Equitorial Guinea under the protection of a Colonial Master and added his name, Vivour to the family Surname

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by kingthreat(m): 12:46am On Mar 18, 2023
No wonder Bode George is the godfather of GRV. Bode George is another descendant of returned slaves who came to settle in Yoruba land.
Well their background doesn't matter. GRV should not have been stupid enough to insult the Yorubas on Twitter. Even in Lagos Island, he will never win House of Rep or Senate.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by aariwa(m): 12:49am On Mar 18, 2023
Moki gbo gbo real Lagosian Gbadebo. On your mandate we shall stand tomorrow Oga GRV real Lagos landlord not iragbiji convicted drug dealer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by XAUBulls: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
enemyofprogress:

Rubakoye.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by XAUBulls: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2023
kingthreat:
No wonder Bode George is the godfather of GRV. Bode George is another descendant of returned slaves who came to settle in Yoruba land.
Well their background doesn't matter. GRV should not have been stupid enough to insult the Yorubas on Twitter. Even in Lagos Island, he will never win House of Rep or Senate.
Returnee FORMER slaves of Yoruba descent OR returnee formerly enslaved Yorubas is a better way to put it. Many were happy to see their missing relatives again.

Ajayi Crowther who is from Osogun in Iseyin area of Oyo State but was buried in the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos Island in the late 1890s, miraculously found his biological mother in her Yoruba hometown of Ketu in Benin Republic, but never saw his father and younger sister again since the day the Muslim slave traders invaded Osogun and took them all into captivity.

Many Yorubas of Nigeria and Benin Republic lost family members in the late 1700s but majorly in the 1800s due to the slave ship deportations to Cuba, Brazil, USA, Trinidad, British Guiana now Guyana, Venezuela, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, etc.

The major victims of the deportations on slave ships from
Yorubaland were the Oyos, Egbas, Ijesas, Ekitis, Ijebus, Bantes, Anagos, Ketus, with the last 3 being from Yoruba-speaking Benin Republic.

Some like Ajayi Crowther, Shitta Bey, and the first Nigerian pound sterling millionaire and financier, Candido da Rocha (who was born to an Ijesa father in Bahia, Brazil), returned to Nigeria and settled on Lagos Island in the 1800s after being freed OR their parents freed, and some did not return. Those who did not return to Yorubaland and their descendants have kept the Yoruba culture and religion alive in Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad, etc, till today.

May the memories of the ancestors never be forgotten.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by kingthreat(m): 6:05am On Mar 19, 2023
XAUBulls:

Returnee FORMER slaves of Yoruba descent OR returnee formerly enslaved Yorubas is a better way to put it. Many were happy to see their missing relatives again.

Ajayi Crowther who is from Osogun in Iseyin area of Oyo State but was buried in the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos Island in the late 1890s, miraculously found his biological mother in her Yoruba hometown of Ketu in Benin Republic, but never saw his father and younger sister again since the day the Muslim slave traders invaded Osogun and took them all into captivity.

Many Yorubas of Nigeria and Benin Republic lost family members in the late 1700s but majorly in the 1800s due to the slave ship deportations to Cuba, Brazil, USA, Trinidad, British Guiana now Guyana, Venezuela, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, etc.

The major victims of the deportations on slave ships from
Yorubaland were the Oyos, Egbas, Ijesas, Ekitis, Ijebus, Bantes, Anagos, Ketus, with the last 3 being from Yoruba-speaking Benin Republic.

Some like Ajayi Crowther, Shitta Bey, and the first Nigerian pound sterling millionaire and financier, Candido da Rocha (who was born to an Ijesa father in Bahia, Brazil), returned to Nigeria and settled on Lagos Island in the 1800s after being freed OR their parents freed, and some did not return. Those who did not return to Yorubaland and their descendants have kept the Yoruba culture and religion alive in Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad, etc, till today.

May the memories of the ancestors never be forgotten.

Thank you for enlightening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by XAUBulls: 11:27am On Mar 19, 2023
kingthreat:

Thank you for enlightening
You are welcome @Kingthreat.

I'm glad you found my sobering but true historical summations of our people on both sides of the Atlantic ocean useful. We must never forget.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by Sannisege: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2023
Rogue-vivour
Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by kingthreat(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
XAUBulls:

You are welcome @Kingthreat.

I'm glad you found my sobering but true historical summations of our people on both sides of the Atlantic ocean useful. We must never forget.

All the best.

You're welcome. I am here to know trends, learn, give my opinion and blow off some steam.

1 Like

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by christistruth01: 11:40am On Feb 05
kingthreat:

Bode George is descended from Ajayi Crowther and Herbert Macauley who was his Great Grandfather

2 Likes

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by kingthreat(m): 12:14pm On Feb 05
christistruth01:

Bode George is descended from Ajayi Crowther and Herbert Macauley who was his Great Grandfather

Interesting to know.
Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by aguluobi: 12:54pm On Feb 05
Let Bode George come out n claim this himself if he will not be stoned.

christistruth01:

1 Like

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by christistruth01: 6:28pm On Feb 05
aguluobi:
Let Bode George come out n claim this himself if he will not be stoned.

He already said so in an interview that Herbert Macaulay was his Great Grandfather
And it is well known that Herbert Macaulay's mother was Ajayi Crowther's second daughter
Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by ConfidentialDoc: 8:19pm On Feb 05
Type Rhodes vivour in Facebook under people search and ....lol !
Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by christistruth01: 12:11am On Feb 06
grin
Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by BabaRamota1980: 2:42am On Feb 06
enemyofprogress:

Rubakoye.

It matters a lot if what you say is true.

I raised a similar issue during the campaign, where I wondered why none of the descendants in the supposed Lagos family come out to speak on his behalf.

If his last name was Savage, Cardoso, Pereira, Salvador, Bank Anthony, Babbington, Bucknor, ....i am certain family members, particularly head of that family would have issued press release to reauthenticate his omonile identity. The fact that no one in the Rhodes family came out in his defense raised more suspicion than answered questions.

Efiks in particular, and Kalabari, had been living in Lagos much earlier than the first immigrant Ibo in Lagos. When capital of Southern Protectorate relocated from Calabar to Lagos, many Efiks and Kalabari that were domestic staffs and clerks to Colonial Government officials uprooted and followed their oga to Lagos. It would not be impossible, using your scenario coupled with absence of the head of Rhodes family in Lagos, to conclude that Rhodes Vivour, the ancestor of GRV was a Calabar man originaly, and was never Yoruba at all. .
Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by OneCandleAway(f): 6:44am On Feb 06
BabaRamota1980:

It matters a lot if what you say is true.

I raised a similar issue during the campaign, where I wondered why none of the descendants in the supposed Lagos family come out to speak on his behalf.

If his last name was Savage, Cardoso, Pereira, Salvador, Bank Anthony, Babbington, Bucknor, ....i am certain family members, particularly head of that family would have issued press release to reauthenticate his omonile identity. The fact that no one in the Rhodes family came out in his defense raised more suspicion than answered questions.

Efiks in particular, and Kalabari, had been living in Lagos much earlier than the first immigrant Ibo in Lagos. When capital of Southern Protectorate relocated from Calabar to Lagos, many Efiks and Kalabari that were domestic staffs and clerks to Colonial Government officials uprooted and followed their oga to Lagos. It would not be impossible, using your scenario coupled with absence of the head of Rhodes family in Lagos, to conclude that Rhodes Vivour, the ancestor of GRV was a Calabar man originaly, and was never Yoruba at all. .

Cho cho cho

Continue hating on a lagosian whose last 5 ancestors were integral in lagos development but suck on the balls of an iragbiji man who is holding the financial destiny of lagosians

1 Like

Re: Rhodes And Rhodes Viviour Families by BabaRamota1980: 12:30pm On Feb 06
OneCandleAway:

Cho cho cho

Continue hating on a lagosian whose last 5 ancestors were integral in lagos development but suck on the balls of an iragbiji man who is holding the financial destiny of lagosians

But no single descendant from those phantom ancestors came out and defended GRV. Where is his family compound in Lagos?

(1) (Reply)

Gbadebo Exposed Again. / Why Are Our Neighbors Attacking Prof Soyinka? / The satellite picture of kano state ThisGlob e.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.