Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,045 members, 7,859,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

‘the Woman King’ Speaks Loud And Clear To This Nigerian Feminist - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ‘the Woman King’ Speaks Loud And Clear To This Nigerian Feminist (303 Views)

Cute Italian Lady Speaks Pidgin, Taught By Ex Boyfriend (Video) / Drama As Nigerian Feminist Disown Princess Meghan / We Should All Be Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘the Woman King’ Speaks Loud And Clear To This Nigerian Feminist by InfotrendMedia: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2023
‘The Woman King’ speaks loud and clear to this Nigerian feminist.
As a Nigerian feminist, I have always been curious about how feminism has evolved in my country and culture. So naturally, I was curious to see The Woman King, the new movie about an all-female troop of warriors in a 19th-century West African kingdom.

Would this movie, starring the amazing Viola Davis as General Nanisca, speak to the issues faced by West African women like me? What challenges did they face and how do these relate to today’s world?

I’m not surprised by what I saw. But I am sad to report that the inequalities faced by the women in the movie do indeed reflect the struggles that women today face in many parts of the world, including West Africa.

The Woman King tells the story of the Agojie, an all-female troop of warriors of the real-life West African Dahomey kingdom, today’s Republic of Benin. “Agojie” was Read More:

https://infotrend.com.ng/2023/03/17/the-woman-king-speaks-loud-and-clear-to-this-nigerian-feminist/

Re: ‘the Woman King’ Speaks Loud And Clear To This Nigerian Feminist by SHIVA001: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2023
Is the movie on netflix

(1) (Reply)

Ubang: Nigerian Community Where Men, Women Speak Different Languages. / Which African Language Is The Most Popular? Ga Of Ghana �� Yoruba Of Nigeria / Best Presidents In Africa 2023 - Top 11 Most Performing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.