Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki (824 Views)

Thugs Attack Polling Units, Injure Over 16 INEC Officials In Anambra / Chioma Akpotha Breaks Down In Tears As Thugs Attack Polling Unit In Eti-osa / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by buzmanjohn(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
Some polling units in the Ajiran area of Agungi, Lekki, Eti-Osa Local Government Area in Lagos State were on Saturday morning attacked by hoodlums, who snatched ballot boxes.

Our correspondent observed that the hoodlums attacked PU 108, PU 007, PU 028 and others in the area.

Our correspondent further observed that following the attack, voter turnout in the area dropped rapidly as many people went back to their homes for fear of being attacked.

A resident of the area, who was attacked and flogged by the hoodlums with blood dripping down his head said he was intimidated while trying to cast his vote.

Speaking to our correspondent on condition of anonymity for fear of harassment, he said, “I was trying to cast my vote when the thugs invaded my polling unit. They said I can’t vote if I’m not voting for the APC [All Progressives Congress]. They started flogging me and beating me.”

It was gathered that the hoodlums were made up of both male and female members and they were about 20 in number that invaded the area.

Another resident, identified as Bayo, said, “The violence broke out between 9am and 10 am. The number of voters that came out during the presidential election in our area has dropped significantly. We are still calling our people around to come out and vote as the military has arrived and things have settled now.”

It was gathered that the chairman of one of the estates in the area was slapped by the hoodlums when he tried to reason with them and urge them to stop harassing and intimidating the voters.

As of the time of filing this report, three military vans with armed soldiers have arrived in the area and peace has been restored.

https://punchng.com/gov-election-2023-hoodlums-attack-polling-units-in-lekki/

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by lhordspy: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hmm.

There are some reporting emitting out of Okota, Lagos that an APC voter was killed in a LP dominated estate. And there is this girl on twitter bragging about the killing and even saying she beat up a policewoman.

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by Massiveglory: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
The soul of NIGERIA is at stake.

I say this with all sense of responsibility.
A presidency of bola tinubu in our nation will be the end of democracy in Nigeria.

A presidency of tinubu will bring about rise of various uncontrollable groups with legitimate reasons to cause mayhem in land.

All hands must be on deck. The stolen presidential mandate must be recovered.

lhordspy:
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by Dreal1247: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2023
The irony is that the so called political thugs are the worst victims of the political rascality in our society. They will still come and be begging the ones that they are intimidating tomorrow.
Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by SHIVA001: 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Congratulations to the person wey Dem slap. And those they beat. Speedy healings
Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by samista: 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:
Hmm.

There are some reporting emitting out of Okota, Lagos that an APC voter was killed in a LP dominated estate. And there is this girl on twitter bragging about the killing and even saying she beat up a policewoman.

So a thug that came to attack voters is now an APC voter? Thanks for admitting that all the thugs going about harassing voters are APC thugs. As for the thug, may he rot in the hottest part of hell

2 Likes

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by BossGerald: 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Apc and thuggery. Tueh

Even in the so called centre of excellence?? Sanwolu you can do better, call your dogs to order

1 Like

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by wahalawahala: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
The useless Ijeoma go dey cry fr mercy in handcuffs in coming days😂.. some of her colleagues that caused havoc during endsars still dey kirikiri.. she go join dem for reunion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by MikoB: 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hmm,I hate violence in every form, but this time around I have nothing to say because the people supporting Labour Party have never condemned what ipob is doing in the East by killing innocent people, they said charity begins at home, I said it here before and I am saying it again that sanwo olu will win with a large margin, not because he has performed excellently well but for his major opponent who is an ipob sympathiser. Thanks
Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by lhordspy: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
samista:

So a thug that came to attack voters is now an APC voter? Thanks for admitting that all the thugs going about harassing voters are APC thugs. As for the thug, may he rot in the hottest part of hell

Where is your evidence? He was shot dead. Why will one thug attack igbo dominated area? Ask yourself. Think for yourself. Think
Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by mikelopez: 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
samista:

Your APC Tinubu MColuomo's thugs dead body is at Ajah, go and pick it up

https://twitter.com/PIDOMNIGERIA/status/1637044448021430274?t=k7SNPpqdZxQsqIYTDIDQVw&s=19

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by StreetFight: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lagos indegenes are here to make sure Chinedu, Chioma, or Chukwuma do not rule Lagos
If you put head, we will behead you

1 Like

Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by princeade86(m): 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
StreetFight:
Lagos indegenes are here to make sure Chinedu, Chioma, or Chukwuma do not rule Lagos
If you put head, we will behead you
anu se mi fun awon Iran e to nbo lojo ola.
Re: Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki by ResidentSnitch(f): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
MikoB:
Hmm,I hate violence in every form, but this time around I have nothing to say because the people supporting Labour Party have never condemned what ipob is doing in the East by killing innocent people, they said charity begins at home, I said it here before and I am saying it again that sanwo olu will win with a large margin, not because he has performed excellently well but for his major opponent who is an ipob sympathiser. Thanks
After commenting rubbish, you said 'Thanks'.
Are you thanking us for saying rubbish or what?
Some people and stupidity just be like bread and butter.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wahala Dey Oo Simon Ekpa Vs Mc Oluomo&SEE THIS OMO ALE YORUBA / Lp's Loss In The Guber Elections Proves That Obi Was Used To Rig Out Atiku / OPINION: Senate Presidency Should Go To Southwest For The Very IMPORTANT Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.