Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

What's Your Take On This Argument - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take On This Argument (386 Views)

My Wife Records Our Argument / My Wife Always Tell Me This Whenever We’ve Argument / Argument In My House Right Nw,pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On This Argument by Longpriq: 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
Was In my neighborhood and there was a heated argument, we all know the president elect is yet to be sworn in.
But, If the president elect dies who will take over
is it the vice president elect?
or will the party provide another candidate?
or will it be given over to the runner up in the General election?
some say it will not be possible for the party to provide another candidate since amaechi he came second in the party's presidential primaries

What's your take on this matter
Disclaimer: we no dey pray seriously for anybody to die.
Re: What's Your Take On This Argument by Egoat(m): 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
If he's been officially announced as the president elect then his vice will be sworn in. If he hasn't, then it will go the way of Abubakar Audu of Kogi state.
Re: What's Your Take On This Argument by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
The Vice will take over but why this evil thoughts?
Re: What's Your Take On This Argument by SUPERPACK: 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
Their will be a fresh primary to produce a candidate. The vice in this case only shares a ticket with Tinubu and he can only succeed him if both have already been sworn in already.
Mind you the party is what won and no candidates name was written on the ballot paper on election day. So it is still superior.
Re: What's Your Take On This Argument by Egoat(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
SUPERPACK:
Their will be a fresh primary to produce a candidate. The vice in this case only shares a ticket with Tinubu and he can only succeed him if both have already been sworn in already.
Mind you the party is what won and no candidates name was written on the ballot paper on election day. So it is still superior.
Not until sworn in. Once the inec has declared you the "elect" then your vice will take over.
This is directly from our constitution.

Re: What's Your Take On This Argument by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
In such cases, the VP takes over.
Re: What's Your Take On This Argument by sisisioge: 1:36am On Mar 19, 2023
Why would anyone argue about what they aren't sure of? It is a show of disrespect and quite annoying. The constitution is very specific about this so why didnt you guys just read up instead of arguing? Regardless of how noisy an ignorant person is, it never ever changes the fact. Peace
;

(1) (Reply)

How to set your Air Conditioner to go off automatically - with image guide / WHO Should BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AGE-LONG LIE ABOUT DOWRY? / Searching For Nigerian Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.