Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) (18656 Views)

INEC Cancels Ikono/ini Supplementary Election Over Widespread Violence / We Are Fully Prepared, We Will Win Governorship Election - Lagos APC / Violence Claims 3,683 Nigerians In 14 Months — Global Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by MrNotAgain: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzrGa3G9nWs

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa, has denied reports of widespread violence and voter suppression in the governorship and House of Assembly elections held on Saturday, March 18.

The police chief disclosed this on Saturday, in an interview with Channels TV

He affirmed attacks on the electorate and electoral officers recorded at some polling units in the state but disputed the attacks were widespread.

He noted that the police responded swiftly to most of the attacks as expected.

“It is true that we’ve recorded instances of violence in some areas within the state. The incidents were not as widespread as to affect the general dynamics of the process.

“Most of the instances were properly responded to by the police because we anticipated them,”
he said.

When asked if the command had anticipated the violence, he said, “Yes, in some instances.

“We anticipated and then we integrated that into our general operational plan and we activated that protocol effectively in this instance. Most of those breaches, the police were able to respond promptly.”

The police chief, while responding to a video of voters said to be overpowering a young man alleged to have snatched a ballot box disclosed it as illegal.

He said the man was rescued by the police and other security agencies, adding that the suspected electoral offender was receiving medical attention.

“He’s stable; he’s not dead,” Owohunwa said

Owohunwa futher noted that a lot of arrest were made and ballot papers were recovered.

“In most of those cases of ballot box snatching, we recovered virtually all the ballot boxes,” he said.

Source- https://punchng.com/gov-poll-lagos-cp-denies-widespread-violence-claims/

16 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by JASONjnr(m): 8:26am On Mar 19, 2023
Somebody that was in a hotel somewhere with a sidechick will never know the violence that took place yesterday.....

183 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2023
Violence wasn't widespread!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Tallesty1(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2023
As usual

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by KanwuliaExtra: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2023
This first class CRIMINAL is talking?
Anything Nigerian Police Force, believe at your own risk. . .of going insane. cheesy

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2023
muykem:
There's no violence in Lagos. Igbo were merely checkmate so they will know that Lagos is not no man's land
This is what happened to one of your fellow urchins yesterday where I voted. He escaped death by the whiskers.

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:24am On Mar 19, 2023
Police can lie and kill just because of N100, what do you expect them to do when they stand a chance to get billions of naira in return.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Jostoman: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2023
Mission accomplish, now we know why they remove CP Abiodun alabi for this one.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Amuluonyenaego: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Na police be our problem

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Chibuzoc(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2023
cool I don't just understand the hate for Igbo people to the extent that little kids are now aware of it. SMH

Ndigbo throughout history has never colonized nor conquered any tribe before, all we want is live and let's live.

Only Ndigbo/Biafrans have in history, the rotation of market days in order to build prosperity, unity, equality and commerce within themselves. What you didn't sell on Eke market day can be sold on Nkwo market and these markets are rotated throughout communities in Igboland.

Why the hate? Unfortunately, the haters never knew that their hate makes us stronger.

Our motto remains "LIVE AND LET'S LIVE" udo diri unu

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by factcheckmmm: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2023
As earlier quoted this one is part of end time

Sermon
Today any pastor that tells you to pray for Nigeria

Tell the pastor to wake up a dead person

Investorozay:
lol, there was no police and soldier in sight yesterday in lag. Anyway nothing concern us. one thing i have learnt is that any yoruba man with an Igbo mother is sitting on a time bomb anyday they try to find any political seat. Igbo and SS peeps keep your daughters safe from these predators

That tribe is stupid

No wonder They killed Ifeanyi

muykem:
There's no violence in Lagos. Igbo were merely checkmate so they will know that Lagos is not no man's land

Inside one Nigeria

Well if that what they told you, what happened to Adeleke in Osun, or Ondo were the wife is Igbo

Thank God you did it to them

As for the igbos you are always welcome to my state

Edo

Edo no be Lagos

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Hambivert: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Political thugs have no future aside thuggery. When you see the likes of MC Oluomo, his sparogated financiers and his urchins, threatening and fighting tooth and nail to ensure their candidates win, they are only doing this for their sustained future and the death of democracy.

The entire political, and socio-economic system in Nigeria needs unbundling and restructuring.
It's sad but these elections once again have highlighted the shame we have felt for the entire security architecture in Nigeria.

If things continue this way, I pity the future of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Enddy50ty(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
The kind of HATE the IGBO’S get in this country is UNWARRANTED.

You won’t allow them trade.
You won’t allow them vote.
You won’t allow them live.
You won’t allow them lead.
You won’t allow them leave.
You won’t allow them agitate.

Your love for them stops at erection for their women.

But yet you claim to live in one NIGERIA.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by DesChyko: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
He's right. There was no violence anywhere except in my community where they attacked the PU, vandalized our transformer and people's vehicles.
Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Fr33born(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Lol
Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Irupetepete: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Money Don exchange hand naw,

3 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Always deny. We have a long way to go in Nigeria. From citizens to forces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Investorozay: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
lol, there was no police and soldier in sight yesterday in lag. Anyway nothing concern us. one thing i have learnt is that any yoruba man with an Igbo mother is sitting on a time bomb anyday they try to find any political seat. Igbo and SS peeps keep your daughters safe from these predators.

Latest theory states that any yoruba man with an igbo mother is called chinedu. and if you dont have 2FA tribal marks, the day a tribal outbreak happens in lagos you will get decked with 2 by 2 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by YeyeGbami: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
I knew the moment all these nonsense you people were doing online reach offline, una go hear am.

Nothing like widespread, only pockets of incidents were recorded.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Jestin: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
For a quick clarification, Obi was the project and not Labour Party. I would vote for Sanwolu if I was in Lagos

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
We know It's absolute lie.

They need to close down arise tv. Thats not a tv station, it's a propaganda machine hellbent on causing chaos for views.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Mufasa27(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Roboto11: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
This is what happened to one of your fellow urchins yesterday where I voted. He escaped death by the whiskers.

You wanted to kill him abi?

8 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by ATEAMS: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
It's well
Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Risingblue008(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
He's a bastard,
Until hand meet someone Soo close to Dem,
Then dey will feel our pain,

They will cry for mercy but will be too late,
For him to said such,
He will never have a bit of rest of mind.

Pple died yesterday here in Lagos.
It was a disaster
Shea una don see say Dem no dey carry us for mind?
Well,if the rain wan fall e go fall for everybody head.
Many need to be brought back to the folks

3 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by prince985(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Omo
Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by pocohantas(f): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Just like that Hundenyin guy.
He denies everything, give him a few hours and he would come back with another useless post.

There was a lot of violence,
And tribal profiling.

The reporters were Yorubas. So no one would say it is Igbos up to an agenda.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by madridguy(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
cheesy
Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Ofemmanu1: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
No Violence o.

The People of Lagos Voted their Leader.

If anybody is Pained, he should go to the Lagoon asap.

13 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Irupetepete: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
muykem:
I supported labor party for the presidential election....
Sanwo olu is doing a great job in Lagos and as much as I like LP, grv have no experience governing a state like Lagos....
You can't just jump from pry6 and aspire to be an SUG president... Not even from pry 6 to ss1...
The classes you missed will tell on your intelligence academically...
Now, I am a yoruba from ondo state who grew up in Lagos, Benin, akure... Have been to the east twice and it was work related... Aba and imo state...
You see, NUISANCE LIKE THE FOOL I QUOTED ARE THE PROBLEM WE HAVE WITH THIS COUNTRY...
A yoruba man will not suffer inflation alone,
An Hausa man will not be the only customer that will patronize you and an Ibo man will not be the only tribeman you do business with...
It is only during election that we are always this divided and fools will never see that....
I don't hate anybody, I just want a country that works where I can take care of my kids without going through much stress that will make me age beofr my time....
So you all nairaland tribal idiots should stop all these name and tribe calling, it is beginning to sound irritating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Lagos CP Denies Widespread Violence Claims (Video) by Tescentre(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
muykem:

Have you sold your conscience that you cannot stand on the path of truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Spend N21.27bn Donation On Electricity, Buhari Group Tells Jonathan / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra / Adeleke Wins At ‘pakurumo Supreme Court,’ APC Mocks PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.