Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? (1203 Views)

Debunking Igbos Claim Of Marginalisation / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / What Did Igbos Do To Buhari? - Reno Omokri Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Millz404(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
There is something I don't really understand about all these happening in Lagos, I even find it funny. Please when did igbos claim Lagos?

Right from when I was growing up, when we started watching Nollywood. Two things were said about Lagos.

One which is "Lagos is a no man's land" which has it's root in the fact that Lagos is a city of commerce where people from multiple ethnicity converge to do some sort of business due to lagos being a point of contact to Nigeria for many business people bringing goods into the country. This was never an issue.

Secondly it is said when you are entering lagos you see "This is lagos" unlike other places where you see "Welcome to xyz". Never been to lagos, don't know how true this is but this saying was popular because Lagos is seen as a place you have to be "sharp" to make it.

Fast forward to the general election 2023. Election in Lagos involving two Yoruba Lagos indigenes. No position from house of assembly to the governorship election has an igbo man contesting.

I've been trying to put two and two together and it is still not making any sense. When did igbos claim Lagos all of a sudden last week? So much that it warranted an attack? The saying Lagos is a no man's land is older than some people that will reply to this post. Why do people easily play into the hands of politicians. The same people overseeing their suffering. Who are the main benefactors of this chaos? Is it you supporting this chaos because I am damn sure it is not. After the election, you and those you are attacking both verbally and physically will go back to suffering the same consequences of bad governance.

6 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by EmmyCC: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
My brother you asked a very good question and I will join you in waiting for answers.

5 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Scholes007(m): 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
There are too much tribal noise from APC and their minions 🙄. It's a shame some people can't grow beyond tribal idiocy. Let's wait and see how Second APC presidency will fare. Maybe we can start asking questions not riding on stupid tribal and nepotic sentiments

7 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lagos is no man's land is a foolish deduction ... Let me buy into you perspective for a second and say becasue you go to a market in Kano to buy and sell means the market in Kano belongs to nobody?? ... Common you have a working brain I will assume ... You mean to say in aba, there are no hausas engaging in successful trade or Yorubas too ? But it will be stupid and arrogant for those Yorubas in aba to begin to open thier mouth and say aba is no man's land ...

There is no other tribe in Nigeria that is as accommodating as the Yoruba people but you people take it as a form of weakness to the point that you now deem it fit to be dragging Yoruba land with your host ... Aye yin fe baje ni?

What you won't dare as an anambara man in imo or any other part of Igbo land, you will be trying in Lagos ... And when you get the back hand, you will be crying to Hague and ICPC ... The Yorubas are the most united people in Africa and it's becasue we value our culture first!!!!! before religion or any other thing. That is why despite all the afonja and Yoruba Muslim chant that IGBOS have tried to use to compartmentalize us ... We band together at the drop of a hat ... Like we did in Lagos yesterday and like we did nationally .... I am a proud omoluabi!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by ccffwx: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
Indigenous Lagosians like GRV were fed up and wanted to take back their land from Iragbijiand Ijebu people like Tinubu and Sanwoolu masquerading as Lagos landlords. The latter decided to blow up a false narrative to rope in Igbos who have no interest in Lagos, other than their businesses. These fraudulent politicians did this for selfish interests and because Nigerians believe any negative news about Igbos. Lies, propaganda and hate are being peddled about the Igbo. This is not even the problem.

The problem is some gullible Igbos who fall hook, line and sinker for silly antics. Igbos should not be unnecessarily attached through inter tribal marriages, long term business investment, getting too friendly with Yorubas (they are not your friends). Always have this at the back of your minds so as not to be taken by surprise at every election season. Meanwhile, all this clamour for power and brouhaha will not last. All will fizzle away.

10 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Millz404(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:
Lagos is no man's land is a foolish deduction ... Let me buy into you perspective for a second and say becasue you go to a market in Kano to buy and sell means the market in Kano belongs to nobody?? ... Common you have a working brain I will assume ... You mean to say in aba, there are no hausas engaging in successful trade or Yorubas too ? But it will be stupid and arrogant for those Yorubas in aba to begin to open thier mouth and say aba is no man's land ...

There is no other tribe in Nigeria that is as accommodating as the Yoruba people but you people take it as a form of weakness to the point that you now deem it fit to be dragging Yoruba land with your host ... Aye yin fe baje ni?

What you won't dare as an anambara man in imo or any other part of Igbo land, you will be trying in Lagos ... And when you get the back hand, you will be crying to Hague and ICPC ... The Yorubas are the most united people in Africa and it's becasue we value our culture first!!!!! before religion or any other thing. That is why despite all the afonja and Yoruba Muslim chant that IGBOS have tried to use to compartmentalize us ... We band together at the drop of a hat ... Like we did in Lagos yesterday and like we did nationally .... I am a proud omoluabi!

You've missed every point of the post just to prove a non issue. Lagos is a no man's land has it's root absolutely different from what is currently being propagated politically. It is a saying that has existed longer than some adults and was never tied to any ethnic group, people understood what it meant and it was never an issue up until last week. You are just making me repeat myself, kindly go through the post, you don't have to rush to comment.

4 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
Millz404:

You've missed every point of the post just to prove a non issue. Lagos is a no man's land has it's root absolutely different from what is currently being propagated politically. It is a saying that has existed longer than some adults and was never tied to any ethnic group, people understood what it meant and it was never an issue up until last week. You are just making me repeat myself, kindly go through the post, you don't have to rush to comment.
do you remember sometimes ago when we had the Lagoon speech by that oba? That was when I first heard the IGBOS saying Lagos is no man's land and in my mind I was shocked that guests will have the effrontery to even deduce such fallacy... But let's even say it was an old saying that predates many adults today as you point out, do you think the meaning is that Lagos is not a part of Yoruba land ?

Becasue everytime I hear a person from another part say such especially in tense atmosphere, what it means for me is that there is a potential challenge for the ownership of the land ... And boooy !!! We are ready for that fight any time and any day... We are peaceful people anywhere you find us, to the point that alot of you have confused out tolerance for cowardice... But we only look that way because we know how to play the long game... Lagos is a land of opportunity open to all but make no mistake ... Lagos belongs to AWON OMO OODUA!!! Period !!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by alanto: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
grin grin this life no balance so igbo people na fear fear people... Sp true true na madness against madness dey solve una mental... I'm proud of the yoruba people for standing together.. smiley

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Millz404(m): 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:
do you remember sometimes ago when we had the Lagoon speech by that oba? That was when I first heard the IGBOS saying Lagos is no man's land and in my mind I was shocked that guests will have the effrontery to even deduce such fallacy... But let's even say it was an old saying that predates many adults today as you point out, do you think the meaning is that Lagos is not a part of Yoruba land ?

Becasue everytime I hear a person from another part say such especially in tense atmosphere, what it means for me is that there is a potential challenge for the ownership of the land ... And boooy !!! We are ready for that fight any time and any day... We are peaceful people anywhere you find us, to the point that alot of you have confused out tolerance for cowardice... But we only look that way because we know how to play the long game... Lagos is a land of opportunity open to all but make no mistake ... Lagos belongs to AWON OMO OODUA!!! Period !!!

Since the beginning of this issue last week, I have refused to make a generalization of yorubas. Because I've been on twitter and I have watched tweets of yorubas on both sides of this issue even those that have led to insults between them. Now let's go with your viewpoint and analyse it. Please let me know because I don't know. WHAT EXACTLY ARE IGBOS DRAGGING WITH YORUBAS? Are they taking businesses away from yorubas? Are they forcefully collecting your lands? Are they dragging political posts with you? Are they raping your women like herdsmen and killing your youth? Are their livestock encroaching on your properties and causing damaged? Have they taken over all top positions and taxing you to death?

You said you are going to fight. Why the hell are you fighting?

6 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Millz404:

Since the beginning of this issue last week, I have refused to make a generalization of yorubas. Because I've been on twitter and I have watched tweets of yorubas on both sides of this issue even those that have led to insults between them. Now let's go with your viewpoint and analyse it. Please let me know because I don't know. WHAT EXACTLY ARE IGBOS DRAGGING WITH YORUBAS? Are they taking businesses away from yorubas? Are they forcefully collecting your lands? Are they dragging political posts with you? Are they raping your women like herdsmen and killing your youth? Are their livestock encroaching on your properties and causing damaged? Have they taken over all top positions and taxing you to death?

ok I would explain ... From you assertion, you noticed this conflict last week but I have told you there has been seeds planted and watered for a while now...if your claim is true, then I would say you are just seeing the germination process ... Now to answer your question, the mere fact that some IGBOS can even have the notion that Lagos belongs to nobody is a blatant disrespect to thier host regardless of your understanding that it's an old saying... Do you know how near impossible for a Yoruba man to buy land on Igbo soil ? You will harldy find anyone to sell to you but we as Yoruba people having gone past tribalism, happily accommodate any and all people as long as you abide by the rules of the land to now come and hear your guests saying your land is no man's land ... You won't take it on Igbo soil so don't behave that way in a land where respect,kindness and gratefulness is held to high esteem. ... It's not a matter of dragging business or land or woman or anything ... We really have nothing to drag... I am only saying, you don't insult your host and expect nothing to happen...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Proudlyomonna: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Don't mind Apc Urchins grin
Them think se na everybody dey follow them do their Apc vs ipob gbasgbos grin

1 Like

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Chukdobz20: 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:
ok I would explain ... From you assertion, you noticed this conflict last week but I have told you there has been seeds planted and watered for a while now...if your claim is true, then I would say you are just seeing the germination process ... Now to answer your question, the mere fact that some IGBOS can even have the notion that Lagos belongs to nobody is a blatant disrespect to thier host regardless of your understanding that it's an old saying... Do you know how near impossible for a Yoruba man to buy land on Igbo soil ? You will harldy find anyone to sell to you but we as Yoruba people having gone past tribalism, happily accommodate any and all people as long as you abide by the rules of the land to now come and hear your guests saying your land is no man's land ... You won't take it on Igbo soil so don't behave that way in a land where respect,kindness and gratefulness is held to high esteem. ... It's not a matter of dragging business or land or woman or anything ... We really have nothing to drag... I am only saying, you don't insult your host and expect nothing to happen...

Show me how many persons of Igbo origin that contested election in Lagos both governorship and house of assembly?
How can Igbos take over Lagos politically aside doing their business? its not possible!
You lots are just rookie in the hands of politicians.
Buhari was president 8 years, go and ask ordinary Kastina indigene what he benefitted from Buhari.
Yea Politics is dirty game but to lump all non indigenes as Igbos thinking you are fighting Igbos. sorry you will remain slaves in the hands of politicians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Millz404(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:

I did not notice a conflict last week, it became a conflict last week that led to attacks, I understand you are trying to prove your point but some objectivity will be great. I live in Rivers state, when I moved into my current area, I thought it was a yoruba community. The three major tribes have large communities in every state where they stay and do business and socialize.

You talked about difficulty buying land but you and I know when it comes to business, nobody gives a sh!t about tribe. I am not going to sell my land for 8m to an igbo man when a yoruba man is offering me 8.5m, neither will I give my product on credit to an unreliable igbo man when I am sure of getting my money from a yoruba man. Nobody gives a sh!t about tribe when money is to be made so your argument falls flat on its face.

5 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by dominic17: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Can you prove where Igbo said Lagos is no man's land? Last time I checked the only association that have mandate to speak for Igbos is Ohanaeze ndi Igbo did hear them issued statement that Lagos is no man's land? you claim that other tribes are not allowed to buy land in the east how did you come to that conclusion? Did you see any land put up for sale in the east that was made exclusive for Igbos only? Did you go to buy land yourself and told it reserve for Igbos only? Here is video of Yoruba man given Land for free in the Igbo land

https://fb.watch/jn3ilvKTsQ/ quote author=Franzinni post=121888813]ok I would explain ... From you assertion, you noticed this conflict last week but I have told you there has been seeds planted and watered for a while now...if your claim is true, then I would say you are just seeing the germination process ... Now to answer your question, the mere fact that some IGBOS can even have the notion that Lagos belongs to nobody is a blatant disrespect to thier host regardless of your understanding that it's an old saying... Do you know how near impossible for a Yoruba man to buy land on Igbo soil ? You will harldy find anyone to sell to you but we as Yoruba people having gone past tribalism, happily accommodate any and all people as long as you abide by the rules of the land to now come and hear your guests saying your land is no man's land ... You won't take it on Igbo soil so don't behave that way in a land where respect,kindness and gratefulness is held to high esteem. ... It's not a matter of dragging business or land or woman or anything ... We really have nothing to drag... I am only saying, you don't insult your host and expect nothing to happen... [/quote]
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Millz404:

I did not notice a conflict last week, it became a conflict last week that lead to attacks, I understand you are trying to prove your point but some objectivity will be great. I live in Rivers state, when I moved into my current area, I thought it was a yoruba community. The three major tribes have large communities in every state where they stay and do business and socialize.

You talked about difficulty buying land but you and I know when it comes to business, nobody gives a sh!t about tribe. I am not going to sell my land for 8m to an igbo man when a yoruba man is offering me 8.5m, neither will I give my product on credit to an unreliable igbo man when I am sure of getting my money from a yoruba man. Nobody gives a sh!t about tribe when money is to be made so your argument falls flat on its face.

well I must say your composure commands respect as you have not tried to be unfair with presentation of your perspective. My point so far has been the fowl stench in the air that permeates with the notion that Lagos is a no man's land. It is a very inflammatory thing to say regardless of it's origin. In PH I don't think anyone dare whisper such about rivers state ... There is no where in Nigeria that will tolerate that so why would Lagos be an exception? Lagos existed before western civilization, it was ruled and governed effectively by Yoruba people so how come now it transformed into a hospitable and accommodating place, we begin to hear it's a no man's land ... See if Yorubas don't challenge that statement and speak up against it... It's only a matter of time before we begin to hear more insults....

Take Abuja for example... Every tribe resides in Abuja but we know historically that the land belongs to the gwari people ... But do you know the derogatory story that circulates about the gwari and Abuja ? ... They tolerate it that is why... But it doesn't change the fact that the land belongs to them !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by dearie(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:

Permit me to dive into this discussion. I have also tried to fathom the issue really. So for you, its the insults i.e the temerity for the igbos to even imagine that and not necessarily because they are really dragging anything with you.

Have you seen any prominent igbo man alluding to it? So if kids are just goofing on the social media or some nonetity just having fun says it, then its enough to hurt the generality of Igbos' sensibilities to the extent of even destroying their sources of livelihood. Haba! O ti poju na.

Do you realise there are somany of them born in Lagos that have never been to, nor have any link to their ancestry homes. To them, Lagos is their home. Or does the constitution not guaranty that? Afterall we all go abroad to birth our kids so they can have dual citizenship. Also, we all get excited when any Nigerian wins a seat abroad.

Please dont let politicians divide us. Tribalism is never an issue at the top. Its only a means for them to divide and rule over us.

BAT relates with TOE, Orji Uzor, Umahi and their likes. So why hurt your childhood friends over them. Insome cases, we dont even have personal relationships with these politicians other than coming from same tribe.

The joke is on us. No igbo is dragging anything with you brother. We all want good governance. Whether in Lagos or in Aba or even in Kaduna. So long as we live there.

Suffering Xenophobic attack from your "loved" ones just hurt differently my brother, hence this epistle. Please drop that narrative. It does no one any good. I suppose you know about the Rwandan civil war. We dont have to fan the embers of ethnic conflagration by propagating whats it not.

- Just a concerned fellow

4 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
dearie:

Permit me to dive into this discussion. I have also tried to fathom the issue really. So for you, its the insults i.e the temerity for the igbos to even imagine that and not necessarily because they are really dragging anything with you.

Have you seen any prominent igbo man alluding to it? So if kids are just goofing on the social media or some nonetity just having fun says it, then its enough to hurt the generality of Igbos' sensibilities to the extent of even destroying their sources of livelihood. Haba! O ti poju na.

Do you realise there are somany of them born in Lagos that have never been to, nor have any link to their ancestry homes. To them, Lagos is their home. Or does the constitution not guaranty that? Afterall we all go abroad to birth our kids so they can have dual citizenship. Also, we all get excited when any Nigerian wins a seat abroad.

Please dont let politicians divide us. Tribalism is never an issue at the top. Its only a means for them to divide and rule over us.

BAT relates with TOE, Orji Uzor, Umahi and their likes. So why hurt your childhood friends over them. Insome cases, we dont even have personal relationships with these politicians other than coming from same tribe.

The joke is on us. No igbo is dragging anything with you brother. We all want good governance. Whether in Lagos or in Aba or even in Kaduna. So long as we live there.

Suffering Xenophobic attack from your "loved" ones just hurt differently my brother, hence this epistle. Please drop that narrative. It does no one any good. I suppose you know about the Rwandan civil war. We dont have to fan the embers of ethnic conflagration by propagating whats it not.

- Just a concerned fellow

thank you for this write up, and yes my pain is with the way it sounds when I hear it ... In my mind I try to say the same of any state in Nigeria and It refuses to click. No body can swallow such a statement... And why I am vocal against it irrespective of who is saying it is that ... It's an idea! And if it's not uprooted early it becomes something even greater!!! I have said it many times here, my wife is an Igbo woman ... From IMO state and my kids are coke and fanta ... So I say this to mean I have no hate for igbos ... Infact I can say it anywhere that IGBOS helped grow Lagos state into the business hub that it is today, it is indisputable. But when it starts to look like the Yoruba people that welcomed others into thier lands and opened various avenues to accelerate the growth of hard working business men and women are taken for granted I think its wise for them to speak up and set the record straight... That being said, it doesn't give anyone the right to start to attack anyone, on that I don't support. I only am expressing my irritation to the posture of some Igbo people who are of the misguided notion that Lagos is a no man's land.

1 Like

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by SlurUsername1: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:
thank you for this write up, and yes my pain is with the way it sounds when I hear it ... In my mind I try to say the same of any state in Nigeria and It refuses to click. No body can swallow such a statement... And why I am vocal against it irrespective of who is saying it is that ... It's an idea! And if it's not uprooted early it becomes something even greater!!! I have said it many times here, my wife is an Igbo woman ... From IMO state and my kids are coke and fanta ... So I say this to mean I have no hate for igbos ... Infact I can say it anywhere that IGBOS helped grow Lagos state into the business hub that it is today, it is indisputable. But when it starts to look like the Yoruba people that welcomed others into thier lands and opened various avenues to accelerate the growth of hard working business men and women are taken for granted I think its wise for them to speak up and set the record straight... That being said, it doesn't give anyone the right to start to attack anyone, on that I don't support. I only am expressing my irritation to the posture of some Igbo people who are of the misguided notion that Lagos is a no man's land.

Na man u be, May God bless u for your position on this matter

1 Like

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Millz404(m): 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:

You do realize there is actually no proof of this right or atleast I have not seen any from any sociocultural igbo group whatsoever and at that what exactly is the end benefit of it for an igbo man in lagos? The real threat to the yorubas the last time I checked are herdsmen and bandits that led to the formation of amotekun.

Anyway just like the poster above said, this is just politicians setting citizens against themselves for their own gain. At the end they really don't give a fvck about all of us as a bunch. We will still be back buying dollars at N750+ and facing other sh!ts together regardless of tribe. Peace.

4 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Ogbuefi2020: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:

Cowards everywhere. No-man's-land is in Kano, recognized by Kano government by that name. No Kano man is afraid that Igbos will take their land because of that. Places in East are named after the North eg. Ama Hausa in Owerri and Gariki in Enugu. Yorubas are too narrow minded and unexposed. Attacking voters doesn't make you owners of Lagos, wake up and compete

3 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Ogbuefi2020: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
Millz404:

You do realize there is actually no proof of this right or atleast I have not seen any from any sociocultural igbo group whatsoever and at that what exactly is the end benefit of it for an igbo man in lagos? The real threat to the yorubas the last time I checked are herdsmen and bandits that led to the formation of amotekun.

Anyway just like the poster above said, this is just politicians setting citizens against themselves for their own gain. At the end they really don't give a fvck about all of us as a bunch. We will still be back buying dollars at N750+ and facing other sh!ts together regardless of tribe. Peace.
Tinubu built his criminal political dynasty with this narrative as the protector of Lagos against Igbos yet igbos are flourish but afonja are consoling themselves with thiefnubuu gangs perpetuating themselves in power as a proof that they own Lagos despite their poverty

1 Like

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Ogbuefi2020: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:
Yorubas migrated to Lagos like anyone else. They have surpressed the indegenous people and laid claim to federal establishment meant for all Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by gidgiddy: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
Millz404:
There is something I don't really understand about all these happening in Lagos, I even find it funny. Please when did igbos claim Lagos?

Right from when I was growing up, when we started watching Nollywood. Two things were said about Lagos.

One which is "Lagos is a no man's land" which has it's root in the fact that Lagos is a city of commerce where people from multiple ethnicity converge to do some sort of business due to lagos being a point of contact to Nigeria for many business people bringing goods into the country. This was never an issue.

Secondly it is said when you are entering lagos you see "This is lagos" unlike other places where you see "Welcome to xyz". Never been to lagos, don't know how true this is but this saying was popular because Lagos is seen as a place you have to be "sharp" to make it.

Fast forward to the general election 2023. Election in Lagos involving two Yoruba Lagos indigenes. No position from house of assembly to the governorship election has an igbo man contesting.

I've been trying to put two and two together and it is still not making any sense. When did igbos claim Lagos all of a sudden last week? So much that it warranted an attack? The saying Lagos is a no man's land is older than some people that will reply to this post. Why do people easily play into the hands of politicians. The same people overseeing their suffering. Who are the main benefactors of this chaos? Is it you supporting this chaos because I am damn sure it is not. After the election, you and those you are attacking both verbally and physically will go back to suffering the same consequences of bad governance.

This issue of Lagos being no man's land had been on for decades. It has always been a way of letting all Nigerians know that as a federal capital territory, it belongs to all, and not anyone tribe

A federal capital territory cannot be owned by any tribe, or else, there is no point for all tribes to suffer and contribute towards its development at their own detriment

2 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by profacid(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:

lol when did Igbo claim Lagos.. Gullible brain that has been used by his politician

1 Like

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by profacid(m): 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Franzinni:
Lagos no man's land originated from a Yoruba man and it is used by every tribe.. So wr and when has it been quoted that igbo said Lagos is a no man's land.. U guys are so gullible that ur politicians use ur brain for 2odds

2 Likes

Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 2:15am On Mar 20, 2023
profacid:
Lagos no man's land originated from a Yoruba man and it is used by every tribe.. So wr and when has it been quoted that igbo said Lagos is a no man's land.. U guys are so gullible that ur politicians use ur brain for 2odds
nah
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 2:17am On Mar 20, 2023
profacid:
lol when did Igbo claim Lagos.. Gullible brain that has been used by his politician
you probably are one of those who think so... Nothing to be said here
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 2:18am On Mar 20, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Yorubas migrated to Lagos like anyone else. They have surpressed the indegenous people and laid claim to federal establishment meant for all Nigerians.
and you know this how ?
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 2:20am On Mar 20, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Cowards everywhere. No-man's-land is in Kano, recognized by Kano government by that name. No Kano man is afraid that Igbos will take their land because of that. Places in East are named after the North eg. Ama Hausa in Owerri and Gariki in Enugu. Yorubas are too narrow minded and unexposed. Attacking voters doesn't make you owners of Lagos, wake up and compete
you are childish ... You must be an obidient ... You can pull points out of your arse just to massage you delapidted ego... There is NO no man's land in Yoruba land GTFOH!!! Thank you
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Franzinni: 2:24am On Mar 20, 2023
Millz404:

haha there goes another one ... Yorubas are beards men ... I just keeps coming haha you are proving my point in realtime haha.
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by Thedon22: 2:59am On Mar 20, 2023
Millz404:

Look brother, when this hatred from Igbos were brewing one of the wisest politician in the SE , Soludo , warned you people to stop doing Nsobu, Nsobu politics. He foresaw what was about to happen. You people attacked everything Yoruba in other to promote your candidate Obi. You cut your noses to spite your face. Since time immemorial Yorubas had been the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria but you disrespected them. You people need to apologize to the Yorubas and let bygones be bygones. Igbos did same in South Africa, India, even at Obigbo in Rivers and Wike came ruthless. Igbos need to apologize for the insults.
Re: When Did Igbos Claim Lagos? by EmmyCC: 7:25am On Mar 20, 2023
Franzinni:

The trade done in Kano or Aba can't be compared to that of Lagos. There's a difference between coming to buy wares and going back home to sell them to being in a place and making it your domicile or even just residence. That's why we have citizenship by naturalization. That's what Lagos is to many Nigerians not just the Igbo.
Okay even with the "No man's land" assertion, Igbos still know their place in Lagos that's why you will never see any Igbo with enough balls to contest for the governor of Lagos, they merely support.
APC created this mindset in you guys just to help them win and it's just it. Onanuga was warning Igbos to stop interfering in Lagos politics and all of you pounced on those supporting your brother GRV but forgot that many Igbos are interfering in APC like Joe Igbokwe but APC never had a problem with that. The line is drawn when few Igbos endorse someone in the opposition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Dressed In Hijab Attack Police Post, Kill Officer, Injure Another / The Money Sounds Useless And Dormant / Guys With Dreadlocks And Girls In Skimpy Outfit Up For Arrest In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.