Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power (1591 Views)

225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! / Governor Oshiomhole In Critical Condition In A Secret London Hospital After Auto / Aisha2 (Pro CPC) Sacked By Seun (Pro PDP) For Abuse Of Position And Insolence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power by KayDee4: 5:05am On Sep 17, 2011
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WOu7XwJJ0?version=3"><[/flash]

On Monday Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state ran to the scene of a demolition exercise in Benin city. The governor visited the site to see how some controversial demolition was executed by the state Task Force on Demolition of Illegal Properties.
Apparently angered by some demolitions that he claimed was mischievously done by the team Mr. Oshiomhole publicly scolded Major Lawrence Loye (rtd), the task force chair. As it turned out, Major Loye and his team had demolished buildings belonging to the former governor of the state, Samuel Ogbemudia and a former senator, Roland Owei. Both men are strong political "heavyweights" with close links to the governor.

As shown in this video, Governor Oshiomhole not only scolded the task force chair but the military in him took over as he ordered the arbitrary arrest of Major Loye for carrying out his duties in the state.
Re: Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power by ballachi101(m): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
Dat man has become another person O! Is he not the erstwhile labour leader everyone fell in luv with?? Mschew.
Re: Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 18, 2011
Ur information is fake and very misleading. I watched the same news at channels tv, stop been economical with the truth. A task force guy abitrarilly demolished peoples home without authorization from the state ministry of environment and accepted that he never got instructions from any authority to carryout the demolition on telly when asked by the governour. The governour cld not believe what he just heard from that guy that he was carring out an unlawfull demolition of peoples propertises as a result he odered 4d guy to be arrested and charge to court which was the right thing 2do and u r here distorting a televised incident, i douth if u watched that news or a story u heard and rushed here to post a fake info.
Re: Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power by steve80(m): 6:04am On Sep 18, 2011
you are so right
Re: Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power by az77zy(m): 6:41am On Sep 18, 2011
Kay-dee u r a very stupid person. How can you so distort a televise fact,even if you dnt like adams it is a smack of illiteracy for u 2 go to dis extent
Re: Governor Oshiomhole's Gross Abuse Of Power by KayDee4: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2011
byrron:

your information is fake and very misleading. I watched the same news at channels tv, stop been economical with the truth. A task force guy abitrarilly demolished peoples home without authorization  from the state ministry of environment and accepted that he never got instructions from any authority to carryout the demolition on telly when asked by the governour. The governour cld not believe what he just heard from that guy that he was carring out an unlawfull demolition of peoples propertises as a result he odered 4d guy to be arrested and charge to court which was the right thing 2do and u r here distorting a televised incident, i douth if u watched that news or a story u heard and rushed here to post a fake info.

What is fake about the story? you are saying the same thing in the story, just using other words. Look out for the words 'controversial'' and ''mischieviously'' in the version of the story I quoted.

I am not in support of the task force guy but the part I do not agree with is the manner of the extra-judicial arrest which is not normal in a civilized society (that, you call "the right thing to do"wink.

The guy was was wrong for not getting approval before demolishing but he was employed by the Governor's Office and should report to the Governor in an ''official'' manner instead of  being treated like a social miscreant who had no license to demolish.

Again, I find it amusing that Oshiomole asked him "By your training, what do you know about town planning ?" and I wonder if he didnt think about that before putting the guy in that position which is what I see as one of Nigeria's main problems, all the wrong people in the wrong positions. So, Oshiomole is partly to blame and should tidy up office matters in an official way instead of trying to act all "supermanish".

az77zy:

Kay-dee u r a very silly person. How can you so distort a televise fact,even if you dnt like adams it is a smack of[b] illiteracy[/b] for u 2 go to dis extent

You are a stewp1d m0ron for calling me silly and illiterate.

(1) (Reply)

10 Valid Points Why Religion Has Done More Evil Than Good In Nigeria! / Meet 24-year-old Mubarak Abdullahi Who Built An Helicopter From Old Bike Parts / What Is The Best Way To Buy On Jumia (pay On Delivery Not Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.